Posted: 1/16/2015 8:50:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
FL
LEO
Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to shoot the hell out of black targets.

Now tend to shoot Qs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
What distance were they shooting that 8.5" x 11" piece of paper?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

500 meters, with a Glock 17

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I see nothing wrong with training for real life encounters.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, it'd be a bit easier to defend their actions if they weren't so fucking stupid.

Usually I'm all, "Get over it."

But this is just dumb.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Should printed them out negative... all better.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#12]

nothing to see here, moving along
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:06:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Bad decision.

#BlackMugShotsMatter
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I've been seeing so many attempts to push false incidents in recent years that I'm having a hard time believing any of this story.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#15]
google north miami beach police and see what comes up.
have fun.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I see nothing wrong here....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Smart...

Real smart...

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Meh...  Poor publicity decision,  but zero fucks personally given.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#20]
N. Miami PD used to train at my range when I was an RO in Florida...quite frankly I'm amazed they managed to get rounds on paper.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#21]
It's ok guys, the guns are also black.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:54:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Train like you fight, fight like you train!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Nice shooting.
View Quote

Yeah, looks like good groups.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#24]
What has probably been left out of this is the white mugshots, cause only
#blackmugshotsmatter.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Black, white, whatever, zero fucks given. A piece of paper is a piece of paper.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#27]
the department’s lead administrator, Chief Scott Dennis, acknowledged that "poor judgment” was used by his officers, but no discipline is forthcoming. That said, they consider the matter closed.

The poor judgement being leaving that shit  lying around. Cops shoot criminals, the people in the pictures where criminals, so what is the problem?

Her brother dindu nothing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:45:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe if they did not have his mugshot none of this would have happened
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the department’s lead administrator, Chief Scott Dennis, acknowledged that "poor judgment” was used by his officers, but no discipline is forthcoming. That said, they consider the matter closed.

The poor judgement being leaving that shit  lying around. Cops shoot criminals, the people in the pictures where criminals, so what is the problem?

Her brother dindu nothing.
View Quote

They've investigated themselves and determined that they can't be bothered.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#30]
As long as they aren't using those "innocent gunpowder" targets everyone is ok with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except if they are Obongo targets.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#32]
A white guy on white paper would be hard to see.

A black guy on black paper would be hard to see.

See the issue here.

I guess next time they use clowns.... at least clowns has a smaller presence and have no card to play when it comes to discrimination.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:02:03 AM EDT
[#35]
I was expecting this.....

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:13:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#37]
In all honesty, until precrime becomes reality, the piece of paper that one shoots while practicing registers exactly dick on my GAF meter...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Meh, my department has used a picture of a white guy for decades.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Sergeant Valerie Deant was mortified when she found several images left
behind by cops with the North Miami Beach Police Department. Not only
were the six shooting targets all of black males, but one stood out
among the rest: a photo of her brother.
View Quote

Ahhh, so that is the source of this problem.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sergeant Valerie Deant was mortified when she found several images left behind by cops with the North Miami Beach Police Department. Not only were the six shooting targets all of black males, but one stood out among the rest: a photo of her brother.

Aha!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#41]

I don't have a problem with wanted poster targets, if anything it makes the faces more familiar to the LEO's. My BIL is a cop in GA, and he got a pretty good rep for apprehending local fugitives because he would sit down in front of the computer and go through the local wanted mug shots on a daily basis. He met all three of his ex-wives that way. His CO finally told him in front of his fellow officers that the criminal database wasn't Match.com.

"A Russian friend of mine came to visit and was in awe of the variety of things available at the stores. He bought a number of things and packed them up to send home. While we were waiting in line at the post office,  he noticed the FBI's Most Wanted posters on the bulletin board and asked, "What are these for?" I explained that they were fugitives wanted by the U.S. government for various Federal crimes and they put their pictures up in the hopes that someone might have seen them and alert the authorities so that they could be apprehended. He paused for a moment with a puzzled look on his face and asked "Why didn't they just keep them when they took their picture?""
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What ended up happening to that cop who shot the Obama target?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except if they are Obongo targets.

What ended up happening to that cop who shot the Obama target?

Fired IIRC
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:38:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't have a problem with wanted poster targets, if anything it makes the faces more familiar to the LEO's. My BIL is a cop in GA, and he got a pretty good rep for apprehending local fugitives because he would sit down in front of the computer and go through the local wanted mug shots on a daily basis. He met all three of his ex-wives that way. His CO finally told him in front of his fellow officers that the criminal database wasn't Match.com.

View Quote

I could see using fugitive posters as targets as a bit of problem if you end up actually shooting one of the folks that you "practiced shooting at".
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I could see using fugitive posters as targets as a bit of problem if you end up actually shooting one of the folks that you "practiced shooting at".
View Quote

Exactly. The family that couldn't be bothered to raise a decent child will sue and cry crocodile tears if the PD were to shoot one of the guys that they used for targets. His Mam who couldn't be bothered to raise him or even know his birthday will be on TV crying about her baby who just robbed houses, he didn't shoot no gun.

I have used a Moto Poster as a target when I was in the Marine Corps. There was one with a full shiloutte on a white background we all used with personal firearms.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which was why they were using Old Mugshots...not current ones..the Concept behind it is actually Valid.  " THIS guy is your target, you have X number of seconds to look at this target array at X Distance, ID your Designated target ouf of 6 similar, and engage"
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Which was why they were using Old Mugshots...not current ones..the Concept behind it is actually Valid.  " THIS guy is your target, you have X number of seconds to look at this target array at X Distance, ID your Designated target ouf of 6 similar, and engage"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would make sense if police were assassins.  But since they respond with deadly force to threats against them and others that exercise would seem inappropriate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Meh, my department has used a picture of a white guy for decades.

http://i.imgur.com/mS9HE7m.jpg
View Quote

Do the black cops use the same targets?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Last time i went to the gun club there was a Justin Beiber poster still hanging that was shot to shit. Probably someone racist towards whitey.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Last time i went to the gun club there was a Justin Beiber poster still hanging that was shot to shit. Probably someone racist towards whitey.
View Quote

It's from a group of radical anti-Canadians.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top