Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 2:15:27 AM EDT
Need recommendations for pepper spray.
If you think another less than lethal defense product is more effective that is legal to carry on a college campus i would be open to that as well.

Something concealable, easy to use, effective, college budget friendly.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:25:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Freeze +P   and  Sabre Red.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
S&W Shield.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Fox labs.

Pure fucking evil.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:33:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fox labs.

Pure fucking evil.

View Quote
+1 Came here to post this. I just caught some over-spray and I wished I was dead.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:40:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fox labs.

Pure fucking evil.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:41:15 AM EDT
[#6]
lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Sabre Red is what our agency issues.  I've been hit with it, and it's pure misery in a can.  I've used it on adult male felons, and they do not enjoy it either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:00:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
S&W Shield.
View Quote

an mp9c was my second recommendation after an ar but considering this persons budget, need for defense on campus where enrolled and employed and need for further familiarization with firearms we are going to start with pepper spray and build from there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:19:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
+1 Came here to post this. I just caught some over-spray and I wished I was dead.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fox labs.

Pure fucking evil.

X1000 do not point at self
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:58:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Fox
If you ever use it for real 99% you will get yourself as well so might want to know what it is like

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:15:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Pepper spray, that's just sold to civilians. Once you get used to it, it just clears the sinuses.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:20:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fox
If you ever use it for real 99% you will get yourself as well so might want to know what it is like

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Yep. It's better to know beforehand how it feels so you don't freak out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:22:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pepper spray, that's just sold to civilians. Once you get used to it, it just clears the sinuses.
View Quote

Fox 5.3

Been spritzed and exposed enough to know there is no "Getting used to it".
You just remember not to rip your eyeballs out the third time.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Username is almost appropriate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fox labs.

Pure fucking evil.

View Quote

+1. Will ruin your day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:46:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Get a 2 oz can of fox labs 5.3.  In the stream format.  The range and effectiveness is much better than the cheap little key chain pepper sprays.  If you get the same can in the fog format I assure you that the blowback will get you bad if you ever have to use it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what his last one was?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks for the tips so far guys.

so the fog spray is almost guaranteed blowback?

I've only ever played with a little keychain stream one seemed as though it would be harder to get a full face shot

I see the last recommendation for the foam, that sounds as though it could be a good fit this person works with children pretty frequently would be nice not to spray them too.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I use sabre....i might have to check out the fox labs stuff
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I've used Sabre on a couple of people and it worked exactly like it was supposed to.  Took them right out of the fight.  I've had similar experiences with MK3, but I did have it fail on me once, which is a pretty shitty feeling.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Sabre Red gel.  It's fucking aweful.  . The regular Sabre Red is good, but gel is less likely to come back at you, and stick to the BG.

Fox is good too from what I remember.

Either way, go out in a field with some friends and have one of them blast you in the face with whatever OC you choose, so you will know the effects.  It might take a coup,e of seconds for the full effect to kick in, but after it does, you'll feel like someone stabbed you in the eyeballs with needles.  Keep in mind that someone that's on drugs or drunk may not feel the full effect and is likely to continue whatever they were doing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love stuff like this...

My first OC class (...about 20 years ago) was taught by a 30 year veteran Oklahoma DOC prison guard, a black guy named Rudy W.

Rudy was probably close to 60 at the time and was about 5-'08", maybe, maybe 180 lbs dripping wet...and had spend his entire adult life moving uncooperative prisoners from Point A to Point B.

He told us in class that, when deploying OC to look for the subjects that "rolled out"...that's to say "Duck and Cover". The ones that immediately shielded themselves and tried to avoid the stuff. Rudy said this was because they were the real players...the ones who had been "hooked up" before, the ones that knew what the stuff would do to you and acted accordingly.

He also said to watch for the ones that threw out their chests and said nonsense like, "I ain't afraid of  you! I use that stuff for Tabasco sauce, other  stupid shit like that because these were the "wanna-be's" in the group. The young ones that didn't have a friggin' clue about what they were talking about and had never been "hooked up" with it before.

He said to watch out for the Duck and Covers first because they were the ones that would hurt you, then watch out for the wanna'be's...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fox labs.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
If you think there is even a chance that you might have to deploy it inside a building, for gosh sakes please get a gel or a foam. I've seen an entire school wing have to evacuate because what seemed like a spritz got into the A/C system and emptied classrooms.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, you guys sold me on the Fox spray. Now as a civillian I want one to keep in my car, one in wifes car, small key type carry unit and maybe one big unit for SHTF. What are your recommendtions based upon PERSONAL experience, as to which tops, sizes and spray patterns, I'm thinking the 5.3 and not the green spray. Does this make sense? If not, please help me get back on tract. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Defense Tech 1.3%

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OK, you guys sold me on the Fox spray. Now as a civillian I want one to keep in my car, one in wifes car, small key type carry unit and maybe one big unit for SHTF. What are your recommendtions based upon PERSONAL experience, as to which tops, sizes and spray patterns, I'm thinking the 5.3 and not the green spray. Does this make sense? If not, please help me get back on tract. Thanks!
View Quote

Spring loaded top, Heavy Stream. Velcro a 2 oz can in each vehicle. Get one for the jacket pocket in winter, cargo pocket for summer, wifes purse etc..

The Key chain units are good for about a year of getting thrashed around, and are disposable. They are convenient, but kinda suck for use, and really run out quick.

Fox has an expiration date on the can. Usually by that date, the O-ring has leaked enough pressure that it's time to dump it anyway.
Check the thing for operation every 6 mos or so. O-rings leak sometimes, and it sucks when you discover there is no fizz in the can, when you need it.

Keep the expired cans, and mix with dish soap and water, to keep rabbits out of the garden, squirrels out of the bird feeder.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top