Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2015 10:28:33 AM EDT
Are some Europeans finally starting to understand the right of self defense includes the right to own a firearm?  

But Jews aren't the only ones with that right...

One of Europe’s most prominent Jewish organizations is petitioning the European Union to pass new legislation that would permit Jewish community members to carry guns “for the essential protection of their communities,” according to a letter obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The European Jewish Association (EJA), which represents Jewish communities across Europe, says that gun license laws must be altered following a string of deadly attacks on Jews in France and other European countries, where anti-Semitism has been growing at an alarming rate.

The recent attacks, including one on a Kosher market that killed four, “have revealed the urgent need to stop talking and start acting” in a way that empowers Europe’s Jews, according to a letter sent Tuesday by EJA General Director Rabbi Menachem Margolin to EU leaders.
View Quote

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/europes-leading-rabbi-jews-must-begin-carrying-guns/

Letter: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Gun-protection-template.pdf
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#1]
The powers that be in Europe will never buy into this.
Never.
Walking around in Europe with a sidearm concealed or otherwise by civilians will never be legal over there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never.
Walking around in Europe with a sidearm concealed or otherwise by civilians will never be legal over there.
View Quote

Europe's a big place, made up of different countries.  Some of them even have provisions for licensed carry of firearms (though most, with the exception of the Czech Republic, and I think Slovakia, don't issue them very often.)
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Why just Jews?  Should be for everybody.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

They only represent Jews, at least someone is realizing you only can fight terror with the muzzle of a gun
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Europe's a big place, made up of different countries.  Some of them even have provisions for licensed carry of firearms (though most, with the exception of the Czech Republic, and I think Slovakia, don't issue them very often.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

Yes I know the geography of Europe but I highly doubt that place will ever allow it's serfs to walk around with guns.
I would like to see it but it won't be happening in our lifetime.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Never.
View Quote

Never say never. It could boil over to the point they are handing out rifles to every able bodied infidel who wants one because they have to.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Never say never. It could boil over to the point they are handing out rifles to every able bodied infidel who wants one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

Never say never. It could boil over to the point they are handing out rifles to every able bodied infidel who wants one.

You have a point with that.
So how about probably never with the emphasis on never?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]
For once, it's OUR camel with its nose under the tent.

But, the EU is ruled by people that would rather have dozens of Charlie massacres than allow personal carry of firearms.  (They're still smarting from the French Revolution...)

TC
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

So, in other words he's right.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Good
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

Except that the claim "will never be legal over there" is false, sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

Which is why in another post I said probably never.
With the emphasis on never.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Never say never. It could boil over to the point they are handing out rifles to every able bodied infidel who wants one because they have to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never.

Im not sure we want to see that. No one does genocide or World War like the Euro's.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting. Maybe someone is starting to figure it out?

Our Rabbi is a rabid anti. He gave a sermon about evil "assault weapons" back in 2013. Made me chuckle since I had a G19 under my sport coat during the whole thing.

ETA: apparently this is legit, they have an article about it on their own website: http://www.ejassociation.eu/78777.html

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Bout time.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If they didn't learn this from WW2, current issues will hardly be enough to move the ball forward.
View Quote

I am pretty much going with this.

a few terrorists will not have a real effect on things, except to allow easier spying on EU citizens.

Sadly we are heading down the same road as the Europeans.

Edit...fucking read before posting, grammar Nazi will find you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#19]
And the head of Interpol agrees:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/exclusive-westgate-interpol-chief-ponders-armed-citizenry/story?id=20637341
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Is the pen mightier than the sword if the person with the sword can't read?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Bring back the Liberator.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Our Rabbi is a rabid anti. He gave a sermon about evil "assault weapons" back in 2013. Made me chuckle since I had a G19 under my sport coat during the whole thing.

ETA: apparently this is legit, they have an article about it on their own website: http://www.ejassociation.eu/78777.html

View Quote

I went and spoke to the Rabbi at the temple I belonged to as a kid. Eventually I plan on writing a small article on self defense and the religious take on it. Now I come from a reform synagogue so I don't know if other sects view it differently but she was against guns (not surprised). She did provide me with sources of information to look at which I plan on doing.

I raised the Warsaw ghetto and the uprising and she kind of downplayed the importance of being able to resist...
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I went and spoke to the Rabbi at the temple I belonged to as a kid. Eventually I plan on writing a small article on self defense and the religious take on it. Now I come from a reform synagogue so I don't know if other sects view it differently but she was against guns (not surprised). She did provide me with sources of information to look at which I plan on doing.

I raised the Warsaw ghetto and the uprising and she kind of downplayed the importance of being able to resist...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your last sentence.....
I cannot wrap my head around people who think like that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And the head of Interpol agrees:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/exclusive-westgate-interpol-chief-ponders-armed-citizenry/story?id=20637341
View Quote

He hasn't done much to push for it; that's from 2013.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Waiting for the Eurotards to call it the "Wild West"
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If they didn't learn this from WW2, current issues will hardly be enough to move the ball forward.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#27]
If every lawful citizen of an EU nation were permitted to exercise their God-given right to keep and bear arms a lot of this BS wouldn't be happening.  In a large part they pissed those rights away years ago for the sake of being stylish.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If every lawful citizen of an EU nation were permitted to exercise their God-given right to keep and bear arms a lot of this BS wouldn't be happening.  In a large part they pissed those rights away years ago for the sake of being stylish.  
View Quote

No shit.
And to think they traded a Glock for a name brand murse.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#29]
"We hereby ask that gun licensing laws are reviewed with immediate effect to allow designated people in the Jewish communities and institutions to own weapons for the essential protection of their communities, as well as receiving the necessary training to protect their members from potential terror attacks."

He is not asking for a permission to carry guns, he wants "designated people" to become armed security guards. The idea of self-reliance is too alien for European and, unfortunately, most of American Jews. I know only 6 Jews (myself and wife included) who carry guns. I've taken plenty of Jews to the range, they were interested in weapon functioning, clearly enjoyed shooting, but never bought or carried a firearm. Their reasoning-now I know how to use it in case of emergency (yeah, right) but I don't want it in my house.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:54:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Meh.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Crazy thinking from your Rabbi...........Does he expect to just lay down and die?

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For once, it's OUR camel with its nose under the tent.

But, the EU is ruled by people that would rather have dozens of Charlie massacres than allow personal carry of firearms.  (They're still smarting from the French Revolution...)

TC
View Quote

Not limited to the EU unfortunately, the majority of progressive liberals and the WH administration in this country hold to the exact same ideology.

The larger moral compass and liberties discussion aside, just taking their collective lack of conventional wisdom and common sense as to the obvious solution is truly astonishing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Waiting for the Eurotards to call it the "Wild West"
View Quote

Yipee I aye Ky or something like that... it is a start. In my department  Off duty is optional, many don't , there are some with Academy training, scare me
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Your last sentence.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your last sentence.....

My Rabbi said in his sermon that when other Rabbis brought up the point that "If Jews in Europe during WW2 had guns, more of them may have had a chance of surviving" he answers that "it would have changed who they are, and many would not want to live with that". I simply said "Well, at least they'd still have a chance of being alive". Freaking crazy.

In college we had the guy who's father was one of the brothers represented in the movie Defiance come and give a talk. Very powerful lesson. There are at least a few Jews that understand, even if we're in the minority
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
As always, most never realize this until it's too late.
View Quote

True, but you'd think their past history would make European Jews the world's biggest fans of CCW and HD.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Good luck to them.   The more good guys with guns out there, the shorter and less effective the bad guy's attacks will be.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#37]
If their political pull and influence is anything like it is in downstate NY they'll get that wish granted. Or they'll get armed LE detailed out to their facilities.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I know how to use it in case of emergency (yeah, right) but I don't want it in my house.
View Quote

Do they think in an active shooter or mugging situation someone will just pop up out of nowhere and start handing pistols out to all the good guys?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My Rabbi said in his sermon that when other Rabbis brought up the point that "If Jews in Europe during WW2 had guns, more of them may have had a chance of surviving" he answers that "it would have changed who they are, and many would not want to live with that". I simply said "Well, at least they'd still have a chance of being alive". Freaking crazy.    

In college we had the guy who's father was one of the brothers represented in the movie Defiance come and give a talk. Very powerful lesson. There are at least a few Jews that understand, even if we're in the minority
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your last sentence.....

I can't quite get it, How a Jew can be a pacifist after what happened. Too much mother influence. My father, not a Jew, liked guns but my mother also not a Jew, didn't and for a long time she would not let me have toy guns. I made them from wood and sticks..... Me, the family Jew, is the gun guy in the department,  along with quite a few Jewish friends get it. I just had another Jewish family member become a cop. He spent a couple of years in Israel and was always going to the range with friends over there
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
As always, most never realize this until it's too late.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck them.

They had a near extinction level genocide 70 years ago because of gun control. They never did anything to fix it and just kept taking away rights. So fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people will never learn.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Starting with Jews is fine. You build from there. Florida started with nobody. Now every sentient being in Florida is eligilble for CCW. I paid about $599.00 for a pound of bacon because the one I grabbed had a brand new SiG.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everybody everywhere
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#45]
The way it was explained to me several years ago, was the Jews saw guns as a tool of oppression. So they don't think people should have guns.

But, that's fucking dumb. You can ban civilian gun ownership, but the non-Jews still have all the power. The rest of us still write all the laws, we still have the police, the courts, the military.

We can easily fuck the Jews. And we can do it by law, with guns, just  like last time.

The only difference is the ability to resist.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#46]
I am from Europe (though I was born here) and I don't see that happening (i.e., licensing people to carry guns because of "the threat").
It simply isn't going to happen. Not for the Jews, not for the Christians and not for the raped ones.

Europe is firmly against guns to the civilians, period.

Ownership is hard enough; carrying them will remain impossible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#47]
I never understood modern (liberal) jews' complete ignorance of their history of armed resistance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Well it's about time !!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Just Jews?  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone thinking the nations of Europe are going to endorse allowing the serfs to be armed are high on drugs.
It IS NOT going to happen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top