Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2001 6:37:36 PM EDT
I personally have never purchased or looked at many Smith and Wesson firearms just because I don't care for them but I noticed some of you guys on this board flame them. What's the deal?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
theirs quite a deal, they made up this littel agreement about their guns with uncy sam. a whole bunch of provisions like size, barrel leanth, trigger pull(i guess they dont think women should use guns) and others.  just never buy from them, ever. its not a quality thing at all, in fact somoe board members have been justing after soome new SW creations, but have restrained them selves to further the boycott
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The British bought them and they buckled under government pressure. Agreeing among other things, to only sell to persons who took training classes...agreed to limit handgun purchases to citizens. We were a S&W dealer. After I got the consent notice I stopped promoting their products. I'm sure others on this board could and probably will elaborate on the S&W "sellout". They were actually trying to dictate how they wanted their guns sold according to the gov. guidlines they agreed to. The audacity of it all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
they became Klinton&Wesson.They are still nice guns but i will no longer buy one I liked the 629.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
"Back in the day" Smith and Wesson, when it was American owned, made some of the finest handguns in the world. Pick up a Smith made and used 30+ years ago. Trigger is glass smooth. Accuracy is superb, if not Olympic quality. Then the fucking Brits somehow got ahold of the company. PC++++ and sell out became the order of the day. Really sad. Kinda like hearing that Dolly Madison was really a crack whore. I won't give up any of my old Smiths, but until the company returns to American ownership with the right attitude, I will never buy another.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
They bent over, dropped their British pants, and supplied their own vaseline to the Klinton gun control group. In return they were promised special deals with LE agencies, especially those in the East whose top policical brass are constantly on their knees to who ever is the in political hack. Believe it they blow real hard to further their own causes, and support the destruction of the 2nd admendment, and everything that the Constitution stands for. s/w quality has dropped until they are no better now than say a raven or jennings. When they were owned by real Americans their weapons were the top of the line, now they are good for nothing but an anchor weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top