Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2015 1:52:37 AM EDT
Ya know, I am somewhat tempted.

And then I get this vision in my head: I'm sitting in court after having shot someone in self-defense and some do-gooder prosecuter is holding up "Exhibit A" and telling the jury, "This gun fanatic is such a homophobe that he even installed a part on his assault weapon that says 'SURPRISE COCKFAGS!!!!"

And so i just go with the $2 plain one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Lol. That read like a deep thought by Jack Handey.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol. That read like a deep thought by Jack Handey.
View Quote

Ha yes it did. I actually read it in his voice before I saw your post
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:01:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Remove the fun one before calling the law.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ya know, I somewhat tempted.

And then I get this vision in my head: I'm sitting in court after having shot someone in self-defense and some do-gooder prosecuter is holding up "Exhibit A" and telling the jury, "This gun fanatic is such a homophobe that he even installed a part on his assault weapon that says 'SURPRISE COCKFAGS!!!!"

View Quote

I just think that having something like that on my gun is immature and stupid. I'd rather be caught with a bunch of tapco stuff on my gun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:02:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Still waiting for something like that to actually have any bearing on a real case...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
My biggest problem with the show is that anybody serious about prepping wouldn't be putting it on TV.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:26:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My biggest problem with the show is that anybody serious about prepping wouldn't be putting it on TV.
View Quote

Wrong thread
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:26:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you could just have "exhibit A" put on the cover.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#10]
The "Surprise Cockfags!" one is the only one I ever considered seriously. That movie cracked me up. If your so uptight that this would bother you, I wouldn't want to go shooting with you anyways.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ya know, I somewhat tempted.

View Quote

Get whatever you fancy.  Something bad happens, use this and in two seconds Bob's your Uncle.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol I'll pass
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
... yeah, I've always considered them to be juvenile

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Never interested me, but zero fucks given - if I'm on a jury and someone used their firearm lawfully, I will process it as such and not by any dust cover.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I like em and the anxiety about legal issues is plain silly.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I like your avatar OP.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Still waiting for something like that to actually have any bearing on a real case...
View Quote

All kinds of things exert subtle influence in every day life, for better or for worse.
To the general public, "Surprise!", "Smile - Watch For Flash", Punisher skull logos, and the like do not make the statement that the bearer is a mature, responsible adult.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:03:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Never interested me, but zero fucks given - if I'm on a jury and someone used their firearm lawfully, I will process it as such and not by any dust cover.
View Quote

You will. I will.  Will Aunt Ethel?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:24:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:42:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Yay, another thread about what not to have on your gun if you ever have to defend yourself with it.

When has there ever been a case where it mattered?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#21]
In before Massad Ayoob.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#22]

The "Exhibit A" reminded me of this one.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what else do you spend your evenings wringing your hands over?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#24]
With the invention of 300blk, 6.8 etc using them for caliber identification is a great idea.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
With the invention of 300blk, 6.8 etc using them for caliber identification is a great idea.
View Quote

Yup, my 300BLK has one that says it on BOTH sides.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#26]

It's true that a prosecutor will use that against you, but he will also use every accessory you put on that gun, every post you've made on AR15.com and any other gun site, any gun magazines you subscribe to, and anything else possibly gun-related to show you to be a paranoid gun-loving bloodthirsty killer. Not much you can do at that point. Just make sure it's a good shoot in the first place and you'll be ok.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:46:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I want one that says "But I poop from there"
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto on my 300BLK pistol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Lol I'll pass
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I went through that exact same thought process.   Same example, lol!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

And the outside should say "Not right now you don't"
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#32]
My dc has the latin phrase:  Si vis pacem, para bellum

Guess I'm boned.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#33]
One of the instructors at the CCW course advised against using any of that "Zombie Killer" ammo for pretty much the same reason.  Get a DA to present it at trial as proof of an unbalanced gun lover itching to shoot zomeone.  (<-- intentional typo)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, for those of us with multiple calibers in the standard Ar platform this helps to not screw up. It's not so much for me as I also color code the furniture (fde is 5.56, black is 300blk, 762x25 tok is foliage green ect) but it's for the wife or somebody else like a dumb ass bil.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

they guy always realizes how farked he is and pleads guilty.

Besides, how would YOU know about local trials in, say, south Carolina?  hint: you wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

where might one acquire one of these?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

about 2 hours were spent on george zimmer having a round in the chamber, several witnesses were called to ask if this was normal
to include asking the bailiff, and a sky marshal if they carried with a round in the chamber. another hour of so was spent on questions
about the gun and if it was altered in any way, and / or if it operated the way it was designed to from the factory.

who knows how it would look in court. maybe you win, maybe the state has a hard on for you and may that "surprise cockfag" is enough
for that magic 51%.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's funny about that shit is that it is just laser engraved.

I have a laser engraver here at work and to engrave that kind of thing of a dust cover takes me *LITERALLY* ten seconds.

What does a unlasered dust cover cost? $2? Put some cheesy laser etching on it, it's a $25 dust cover now!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

same here, but how often is a jury filled with people of normal intelligence. it would be a hell of a show if 8 of your jury were gay wouldn't?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:16:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

My rail/upper says "Ayatollah of Cola" on it, one side in English the other in Dari.

I am banking on getting off on the insanity defense.

http://i.imgur.com/3VjUqad.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My rail/upper says "Ayatollah of Cola" on it, one side in English the other in Dari.

I am banking on getting off on the insanity defense.

http://i.imgur.com/3VjUqad.jpg

Between that and a CW video, i'm pretty sure you have a solid plan.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I want one that says "EXIT ONLY".
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
about 2 hours were spent on george zimmer having a round in the chamber, several witnesses were called to ask if this was normal

to include asking the bailiff, and a sky marshal if they carried with a round in the chamber. another hour of so was spent on questions

about the gun and if it was altered in any way, and / or if it operated the way it was designed to from the factory.

who knows how it would look in court. maybe you win, maybe the state has a hard on for you and may that "surprise cockfag" is enough

for that magic 51%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

for that magic 51%.

They tried to make a big deal out of the fact that he had not one but TWO flashlights on his person.  One of them was a key chain light.

They  keep harping on the BIG black flashlight he was carrying that was all of 6" long.  They tried to make a big deal out of the fact the gun did not have a safety.

When they asked the air marshall friend if he would have shot sir skittels he said he would have shot him twice which was they then tried to use against Zimmerman

because he only shot once. They tried to say that if sir skittles was a real threat George would have shot twice.

8nBAIT

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used a label maker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Here's mine.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
I have thought about this.

It would be interesting watching the prosecutor explaining to the jury the meaning of zombies though.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They tried to make a big deal out of the fact that he had not one but TWO flashlights on his person.  One of them was a key chain light.

They  keep harping on the BIG black flashlight he was carrying that was all of 6" long.  They tried to make a big deal out of the fact the gun did not have a safety.

When they asked the air marshall friend if he would have shot sir skittels he said he would have shot him twice which was they then tried to use against Zimmerman

because he only shot once. They tried to say that if sir skittles was a real threat George would have shot twice.

8nBAIT

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for that magic 51%.

8nBAIT

when someone ends up in a trial it will be a shit show, i personally have no need to add bubble gum to the pile.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top