BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Page 2 says hit them with your purse.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Really OP?  No where else in the good old free USA to find a job?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Walking around topless
View Quote

Yep.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sling shots?

Only if they don't have a wrist brace.

Legal
http://image.dhgate.com/desc_383350080_00.jpg

Illegal
http://www.pyramydair.com/images/daisy-slingshot-p51.jpg

That explains all the pigeons.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Buggery.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Would you like to own a rifle & pistol and be able to take them to the range?

Let's say you're a NYer and you want an inexpensive 9mm pistol and a 22 rifle...

Pistol permit: $340
Fingerprint fee: $91.50
Rifle/shotgun permit: $140
NYC range yearly membership fee: $300 to >$500 (you can't bring your pistol outside of NYC)
Glock 19: ~$450 (that's outside NYC, on NYC expect to pay much more)
Ruger 10/22: ~$300 (also outside NYC, and make sure your mags are swapped out for 5rd NYC legal mags)

That comes out to around $1,800 before ammo cost, and the locked cases and trigger locks you need to purchase.

Plus the rifle & pistol fees need to be repaid every 3 years.

Just move to France.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:16:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Would you like to own a rifle & pistol and be able to take them to the range?

Let's say you're a NYer and you want an inexpensive 9mm pistol and a 22 rifle...

Pistol permit: $340
Rifle/shotgun permit: $140
NYC range yearly membership fee: $300 to >$500 (you can't bring your pistol outside of NYC)
Glock 19: ~$450 (that's outside NYC, on NYC expect to pay much more)
Ruger 10/22: ~$300 (also outside NYC, and make sure your mags are swapped out for 5rd NYC legal mags)

That comes out to around $1,800 before ammo cost, and the locked cases and trigger locks you need to purchase.

Plus the rifle & pistol fees need to be repaid every 3 years.

Just move to France.
View Quote

Why can't you buy a firearm outside the city limits? How is it different?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes

It's legal in a lot more places than you think. People just don't do it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Jello is the only weapon allowed in New York.

It can't be the frozen variety either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You cant even have the "clip" of a pocket knife showing.  Really - I got stop and frisked for this very thing at 61st and Broadway of all places
sucking on a Starbucks.
View Quote

Oh really? I guess I have dodged a few run ins with the NYPD then. I have had to crew change up there a few times recently, the whole crew had clip style pocket knives. And when I went sight seeing a few years ago the security guard at the Empire State Building took it their security room, I got it back though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why can't you buy a firearm outside the city limits? How is it different?
View Quote

You can buy firearms outside the city, (NY State only) and it's much less expensive to do so.

Some places don't like filling out the extra NYPD paperwork required, or selling to NYC residents in general.

Once you register a handgun in the city, then you can't take it out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Leaving and never coming back.

I can't for the life of me figure out why more people don't avail themselves of this option.  
View Quote

Because it's hard to make $800k a year as an investment banker in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't for the life of me figure out why more people don't avail themselves of this option.  

So you have sold your 2ND rights for how much exacty?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Biker gangs

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I could say that I was up for an IB job.  I did a short stint on wall street at a boiler room.  Didn't come out of yale/harvard with a 3.9 in econ or finance so that pretty much closes the doors to IB anyhow.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
With the right religious affiliation and enough dough you can have an entourage of goons carrying FA goodies anywhere you want.

Not so much for you.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know that literally everything that goes bang is not allowed in NYC.  

What IS allowed in NYC?  
View Quote

Overpriced booze and food...

CSB to follow, TL/DR; pocket knife confiscated then returned at Rockefeller Plaza

With wife & her friend at Rockefeller Plaza to go to the "Top of the Rock" for the view. We got our tickets and made our way up. Security guard sees my pocket knife clipped in my jeans. It's a 3" Gerber folder. He demands to see it. Now I am catching the icicle daggers from wife staring at me... Guard comments "That's some tactical fighting knife you've got there!" as he looks it over. I give the WTF look as he decides that he is going to "hold onto it" while we went the rest of the way up. Wife gives me the "why do you always have that thing on you!?" rant. I found him when we got back down and asked politely for my knife back. He gives me this speech about how he could have confiscated the knife but decided to give it back because I was with two women and had I "been with a group of males, we would have had a problem". I give him another WTF look and we were on our way. I was furious the rest of the day...

CSB and all that...
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#18]
There is absolutely no reason to live in that shit hole.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#19]
My brothers say if you go out have an extra $40.00 for the muggers, they won't believe you have only $20.00

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Baseball bat (with ball and glove)
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
From an old post of mine...

Well...6 months after applying...I have been approved for a NYC handgun license...valid ONLY for possession in the home, and for target shooting. Not for carry.

I primarily live in upstate NY, where I have a lifetime CCW permit, and where I keep most of my guns...but I have an apartment in Manhattan that I use for work quite often...so I figured I would get permits to possess some guns there.

What did it take to apply for a NYC handgun possession / target permit?

First, fill out the application, get passport photos taken, and get all kinds of notarized forms together. Notarized leases, notarized utility bills, notarized disposition reports from ANY run in the law you have EVER had (even speeding tickets), notarized letters stating you know NYS laws regarding use of deadly force and handgun laws, a notarized letter stating that you give up ALL privacy rights to your medical records...even notarized letters from anyone you may live with saying they are OK with you owning a handgun in the home...

Oh and a $340 fee to apply, plus $99 for fingerprinting. Non-refundable...even if you are denied. Oh and you have to renew your permit, and resubmit $340 every 3 years. Where does that money go you ask? Since they don't do any more extensive background checks for renewals? It goes RIGHT into the NYPD pension fund...NONE goes to fund the actual handgun license renewals.

What could you be denied for? ANYTHING. Too many speeding tickets? Denied. Not currently employed? Denied. Have a disability like epilepsy, a missing finger, or take any anxiety medications? DENIED. Have tax problems? Denied. Child support problems? Denied. Don't show proper respect to the NYPD gun license clerks? Denied.

Seriously. It is all typed up in their official rules.

So anyway, once you get all the applications and forms together, you have to take a half day or full day off work to submit the application, and get fingerprinted.

Then you wait. About 1-2 months for a letter, asking you to bring in MORE paperwork, and schedule a personal interview with the investigator. Now I have to get notarized pay stubs from my work, or letters of employment...W2s and tax returns from the past few years, AND 3 character reference letters, from 3 people that have known you for 5 years or more, and that live in NYC. Non family members. How many non-family people do you keep in touch with closely for over 5 years?? Not easy to find. The character reference letters must say that they approve of you owning a handgun, and that you aren't crazy.

What happens if all the people you know are anti gun? Or if you don't have any close friends? DENIED.

So after getting all these additional forms together from friends and work and your accountant...you have to go in for your interview.

So you take yet another day off from work, go to 1 Police Plaza, and get interviewed by some low IQ liberal that doesn't speak proper English...and is only 1 step from being a full blown ghetto rat. Not kidding.

Then you wait...and wait...and wait...about 5 months. Then one fine day, you get a letter saying you are approved.

But wait - there is a catch...if you don't return to 1 Police Plaza within 30 days to physically pick up your handgun license, your license approval is cancelled and you have to start over from scratch. And pay again.

So what if you are out of town or on a long work trip for 4 weeks? Denied. Start over. Sorry.

So you have to take yet ANOTHER day off work to go to the NYPD, pick up your license, and get a "purchase authorization card" allowing you to buy a handgun. And again, YOU MUST BUY A HANDGUN WITHIN 30 DAYS of picking up your license...if you don't, your license is cancelled, and you start from scratch.

So you have your little plastic card license...and you have to buy a handgun within 30 days. What if you can't currently afford a handgun at that time? Sorry. Buy one NOW or your license is revoked forever. What if you want to spend more than 30 days researching the best gun for you (since you were never able to even TOUCH a handgun in NY until you have a permit in your hands)...Sorry, buy a handgun NOW or you are denied.

So you buy a handgun, either from an FFL, a family member with a NYS handgun license, an LEO, or another NYS resident with a handgun license (but you must now get a background check for private sales, unless it is immediate family).

So you bought a gun and you take it home...FINALLY right?

NOT SO FAST...NOW, within 72 hours of purchase, you have to take YET ANOTHER day off work, return to 1 Police Plaza, and present the gun for "inspection."

Here, they make sure it is legal in NY and NYC, and that you have only mags that are 10 rounds or less. They record the serial numbers, and print out a new plastic card with the handgun listed on the back.

Now you legally own the handgun. Finally. But don't take it out of your home, unless you are going DIRECTLY to and from a shooting range or DEC hunting area. Hell, the NYPD even had to give a special "amnesty" to NYC handgun owners when Hurricane Sandy hit, and some people had to evacuate...just so these people could "temporarily" relocate their handguns to a safe place.
The long gun permit you ask? So I can possess rifles or shotguns? Pretty much the same process, except they don't make you bring the gun in for inspection. What guns can you own in NYC? Well if it is semi auto, it can't have ANY evil features. No pistol grip, bayo lug, tele stock...nothing. Oh and NO long guns can have a capacity of more than 5 rounds. No long gun mags can be over 5 rounds. Pretty much eliminating ALL long guns suitable for self defense, no??

Oh and you can only buy / register ONE gun every 90 days
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#22]
And...

It is extremely difficult, expensive, and time consuming to get a license to simply own a long gun in NYC. Even when you do, the NYC AWB says you are not allowed to own a rifle with ANY "evil" features at all...in addition, the NYPD has the authority to ban ANY gun for ANY reason they see fit. Abritrary? I think so.

PLUS, you are limited to guns with a capacity of 5 rounds MAX...which eliminates MOST guns that are suitable for self defense in the first place...And 5 rounds is not exactly optimal for protection. This runs awry of Heller and McDonald, no?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#23]
DaveM4P99 nailed the process, absolutely no exaggeration. Except my process was a little quicker, and my interviewing officer seemed decent.

Plus you can be expected to be treated like a borderline criminal by 3 out of 5 of people in the city who find out you own a gun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:24:05 AM EDT
[#24]
A sternly written letter
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:40:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Big Tim Sullivan did not want any of you to have guns.  

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/09/30/nyregion/bigtim-190.jpg
View Quote

Sullivan was a crook, and a well documented one at that.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 1:51:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks like your best long gun choice is a Ruger GSR or M-1 Garand.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

CSB to follow, TL/DR; pocket knife confiscated then returned at Rockefeller Plaza

With wife & her friend at Rockefeller Plaza to go to the "Top of the Rock" for the view. We got our tickets and made our way up. Security guard sees my pocket knife clipped in my jeans. It's a 3" Gerber folder. He demands to see it. Now I am catching the icicle daggers from wife staring at me... Guard comments "That's some tactical fighting knife you've got there!" as he looks it over. I give the WTF look as he decides that he is going to "hold onto it" while we went the rest of the way up. Wife gives me the "why do you always have that thing on you!?" rant. I found him when we got back down and asked politely for my knife back. He gives me this speech about how he could have confiscated the knife but decided to give it back because I was with two women and had I "been with a group of males, we would have had a problem". I give him another WTF look and we were on our way. I was furious the rest of the day...

CSB and all that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know that literally everything that goes bang is not allowed in NYC.  

What IS allowed in NYC?  

CSB and all that...

When I went down there for NYE one year, one of the cops here told me to carry a knife that I wouldn't mind chucking into a gutter if need be.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looks like your best long gun choice is a Ruger GSR or M-1 Garand.
View Quote

Only with 5 round mags...there are some legal garands in nyc but they've been modified to only hold 5 rounds...and the bayonet lug must be shaved off. Travesty to history. Oh and the NYPD will make you get a letter from a nyc ffl attesting to the fact that it is now nyc legal.

That's IF you get your long gun license from the nypd.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Took the assessment for the job.  Not thrilled with it regardless of how I did on it.  I don't think that the gun politics even have to play into my decision choice at this point.  But of course thank you all for the direction.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Why even bother owning a gun there? If someone breaks into your house you have a better chance of them leaving with only your possessions than beating a murder rap if you shoot them with your NYC legal handgun.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There is absolutely no reason go to or live in that shit hole.
View Quote

Fixed that for you.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Sadly I have a copy of my dad's FFL with a Brooklyn address ,It was from the late 50's early 60's. He saw the writing and moved away.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Last I heard, they let you leave.

So long as you aren't checking a firearm, of course.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Why any self respecting gun owner would live there is beyond me. I just walked out my back door and unloaded a thirty round mag in honor of the free territories in America.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ohio Supreme Court says it is ok here as well. The genitals must be covered in public. A guy could wear a tube sock and be legal. A girl a micro g string.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Salsa
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why any self respecting gun owner would live there is beyond me. I just walked out my back door and unloaded a thirty round mag in honor of the free territories in America.
View Quote

Thank you for your contribution to 'murica.  I hope to one day be able to do such a thing.  God bless sir.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm wondering....... The "Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act", passed by the US Congress about 10 years ago, provides that an active or retired police officer can carry concealed in any city or state, regardless of the laws there. I know that NYPD doesn't adhere to the provisions of the FOPA, and will arrest your ass in a heartbeat if you try to travel through NYC with a firearm. But what about the LEOSA? If a retired cop from Vermont moves into NYC, does he still have to go through all the NYPD bullshit and get an NYC pistol permit?

Just for you cop haters out there, I don't think that the LEOSA is fair at all. I served my country for 23 years, and am just as well-versed in firearm safety, and just as good a shooter as any retired police officer. Why should they be able to carry, and retired military not be able to? Or for that matter, why should they be able to carry in NYC, and the holder of a PA or WV or TX CCW permit not be able to?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#41]
nvm, misread.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Holy cow that had me cracking up.  

It's funny, because it's true.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Probably any fucking thing you want if you are rich enough. I'd bet there is at least 1 07/SOT with machine guns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Probably any fucking thing you want if you are rich enough. I'd bet there is at least 1 07/SOT with machine guns.
View Quote
No class 3 in NYC, I think even NYS
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow! what a pain just own a Glock 19, I could literally have one within the hour with my CHL in Texas.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#46]
pirate trannys
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#47]
awesome bars
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class 3 is allowed in NY for dealers

265.20 Exemptions

8.  The  manufacturer  of  machine-guns,  firearm  silencers,  assault
 weapons,  large  capacity  ammunition  feeding  devices, disguised guns,
 pilum ballistic  knives,  switchblade  or  gravity  knives,  billies  or
 blackjacks  as merchandise, or as a transferee recipient of the same for
 repair,  lawful  distribution  or  research  and  development,  and  the
 disposal  and  shipment  thereof  direct  to  a regularly constituted or
 appointed state or municipal police department,  sheriff,  policeman  or
 other  peace  officer,  or  to  a state prison, penitentiary, workhouse,
 county jail or other institution for the detention of persons  convicted
 or  accused  of  crime or held as witnesses in criminal cases, or to the
 military service of this state or of  the  United  States;  or  for  the
 repair  and  return  of the same to the lawful possessor or for research
 and development.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#49]
What IS allowed in NYC?

If it's fun, you can't do it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
awesome bars
View Quote

What makes them awesome?  How expensive they are?  Good eye candy?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top