Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/11/2015 3:05:00 AM EDT
This is either genius or idiotic. I tend to believe the latter. On January 13 Come And Take It Texas plans to use a Ghost Gunner machine on the steps of the Capitol building to build an AR15 from an 80% lower. I'm really curious how that promotes their goal for open carry in Texas? My guess is that the only thing this will do is get a lot of liberals and politicians all fired up to try to regulate or ban 80% lowers. Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a real bad way to promote any 2A cause.

Open carry group to manufacture guns at Texas state capitol
http://www.guns.com/2015/01/06/open-carry-group-to-manufacture-guns-at-texas-state-capitol/

Come and Take It home page
http://comeandtakeitamerica.com/

UPDATE 1/19/15: This is what we can expect from BS publicity stunts like above. Play a stupid game, win a stupid prize. A new ban:

http://www.guns.com/2015/01/19/gun-rights-rally-at-washington-senate-gallery-results-in-ban-on-firearms/
Gun rights rally at Washington Senate gallery results in ban on firearms

"Gun rights advocate Jason McMillon carries his AR-15 pattern pistol into the Legislative Building at the Capitol in Olympia, Wash"
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I really hate the "let's not exercise our rights because it will anger liberals" mentality.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It has nothing to do with angering the left or the right. It's about also not being a dumbass!

With that being said, mostly neckbeards showed up to our capital. Myself and an engineer went to the protests after sandy hook to observe and CCDW.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#3]
This won't work out I think they'll think " OMG THEY BUILT A GHOST GUN USED TO MURDER CHILDREN"
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really hate the "let's not exercise our rights because it will anger liberals" mentality.
View Quote

It's not about "angering" liberals, but about educating them. For the most part they are very ignorant about guns. Why educate them? Trying to figure out what good can come out of this vs many other ways to promote their open carry cause?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't understand the point they're trying to make as it relates to OC.

And I'm pretty sure DPS and the Capitol Police will just watch them and say, "That's nice, dear."

OC seems to be a done deal this session, things like this are just attention whoring stunts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#6]
When I see the "activism" from all sides these days, it makes me wonder if people were always this socially awkward and inept?  

It makes me wonder if our nation is growing less and less capable of basic face to face social interaction.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:18:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Since open carry of long guns is already legal, and building your own 80% lower is already legal, I really don't see what this anything to do with passing open carry. I agree with the OP, this just sounds like a ploy for attention.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#8]
They're trying SOOO hard to get more of their rights taken away. I can't think of any way what they're planning on doing will result in more freedom for Texas gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Liberal false flag to rile up the soccer moms that would otherwise be oblivious.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It has nothing to do with angering the left or the right. It's about also not being a dumbass!

With that being said, mostly neckbeards showed up to our capital. Myself and an engineer went to the protests after sandy hook to observe and CCDW.
View Quote

Seems like I see more of the weird stuff with the open carry activists like the neckbeards posing in Starbucks with their AR's, etc. I do fully support the concept to legalize open carry, but let's be smart about how we go about it folks.

Personally, I would not open carry. Why would I want to give away my tactical advantage of surprise? If I'm the guy in the store open carrying, I'm probably going to be the first to get a round shot at my head in a hold up before they even approach the clerk. OC may look cool, but I'll stick with concealed carry any day. (At least that seems best for the concrete jungle I live in.)
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Look at me!  See what I can do?  No, really, look at me!

I think I'll protest sobriety checkpoints by building a car on the capital steps.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:27:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Liberal false flag to rile up the soccer moms that would otherwise be oblivious.
View Quote

When I read the article that was the first thing I thought! So few people, even in the gun community, are familiar with 80 percents. That is why this rally thing seemed so bizarre to me. Just doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#13]
"just because you can, doesn't mean you should"
i enjoy my rights, i exercise them and no one is the wiser, when i feel they are threatened my congressman gets a bunch of nasty emails and i keep my nra membership up.

it makes no sense to carry a long gun around in public, other than to be a "look at me fairy".

for 2a rallies we need to be presenting the facts of what happens when you cannot defend yourself, the evils of gun control, etc....when the average joe see's nut jobs with firearms blinging

everywhere at a rally...they will believe thats what its all about, and the cause just lost a vote......like it or not, this isn't about being the cool guys, its about getting the votes and winning people

over to the cause of self defense....you move on from there

eta and if your state will pass OC, theres nothing wrong with that...personally there are bigger fish to fry aside from being able to pimp my gun on my hip.....like the NFA stuff or doing away with certain gun free zones, etc

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:32:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a war. What they are doing is like a slow walk into a machine gun position with no cover.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:35:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Who you be call'n a "look at me fairy" bud?

Quoted:
"just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

i enjoy my rights, i exercise them and no one is the wiser, when i feel they are threatened my congressman gets a bunch of nasty emails and i keep my nra membership up.
it makes no sense to carry a long gun around in public, other than to be a "look at me fairy".

for 2a rallies we need to be presenting the facts of what happens when you cannot defend yourself, the evils of gun control, etc....when the average joe see's nut jobs with firearms blinging
everywhere at a rally...they will believe thats what its all about, and the cause just lost a vote......like it or not, this isn't about being the cool guys, its about getting the votes and winning people
over to the cause of self defense....you move on from there

eta and if your state will pass OC, theres nothing wrong with that...personally there are bigger fish to fry aside from being able to pimp my gun on my hip.....like the NFA stuff or doing away with certain gun free zones, etc
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:37:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about "Let's not be fucking idiots" mentality?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's not about "angering" liberals, but about educating them.
View Quote

Might as well try to teach a rock to sing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Shall not be infringed!!!!!!

But...

But...

But...
God I love arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But...

But...

But...

God I love arfcom.
View Quote

Oh hell no, more power to 'em. But if they claim it's to advance the cause of OC here, well, it's pointless. Abbott says he will sign an OC bill and there appears to be enough votes to get one passed.

Actually I suppose the troopers on duty at the Capitol might be more interested in watching them complete an 80% than anyone else who happens by. So I guess if they're doing it to entertain the guys on duty it's a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I swear I am totally convinced at this point that these fuckers are either lib plants or at the least being paid by someone like Soros to act this way, NO ONE CAN BE THIS FUCKING STUPID!?!?

What the hell do they think this is gonna prove? It does NOTHING to advance gun rights! TOTAL TARDS. I swear they're TRYING to induce a panic.

If your interested in the Ghost Gunner system you'd better pony up now, I'll be shocked if this doesn't spark some sort of legislation to either regulate these systems or revisit the law that allows a person to manufacture a firearm for personal use.

I'm all for exercising ones rights, but not when your methods are only going to create more regulations for law abiding gun owners. There is absolutely NO reason to do this, NONE. You know, everyone has that relative that's got the IQ of a GSD, and before this I was convinced these thpes of groups (also OCT) were those guys when it comes to the family of gun owners, well no longer. There's something else going on here, I say again, no one can be this fucking stupid.

PLEASE everyone take time to go post on their page how dumb this is.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I swear I am totally convinced at this point that these fuckers are either lib plants or at the least being paid by someone like Soros to act this way, NO ONE CAN BE THIS FUCKING STUPID!?!?

What the hell do they think this is gonna prove? It does NOTHING to advance gun rights! TOTAL TARDS. I swear they're TRYING to induce a panic.

If your interested in the Ghost Gunner system you'd better pony up now, I'll be shocked if this doesn't spark some sort of legislation to either regulate these systems or revisit the law that allows a person to manufacture a firearm for personal use.

I'm all for exercising ones rights, but not when your methods are only going to create more regulations for law abiding gun owners. There is absolutely NO reason to do this, NONE. You know, everyone has that relative that's got the IQ of a GSD, and before this I was convinced these thpes of groups (also OCT) were those guys when it comes to the family of gun owners, well no longer. There's something else going on here, I say again, no one can be this fucking stupid.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
View Quote

They have a FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/catitexas?fref=nf

I wasn't aware OC was pretty much already a done deal in Texas, which makes this stunt that much more odd.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:02:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm all for exercising ones rights, but

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did Snow Boots and what's-his-name do anything to HELP gun rights?

One of my dads friends was fond of saying "you have to catch a fish, before you can skin it". Were working to get some of the laws here in Texas changed for the benefit of gun owners, but the bill hasn't made it to the governors desk yet and been signed into law. All this is going to do is get the Leg Beard Nest all swarmed up and make it harder to get it through once they all start calling, complaining and protesting. It's also going to alert the libs to something 99.9% have no idea exist, and I'm not talking about just 80% lowers, I'm talking about the Ghost Gunner.

A great many people are actually involved in the preservation and the furtherance of gun rights, this is neither, it's simply grandstanding.

Are you actually trying to tell me that this is an intelligent way to exercise your gun rights?

To hell with OPSEC, amirite?

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:25:55 AM EDT
[#24]
they'll just lose the extractor pin and have to go home early
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm all for exercising our rights...

BUT...

I'm not a huge fan of taunting politicians who can and routinely do take them away.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
they'll just lose the extractor pin and have to go home early
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#28]
This is a really stupid move. If this trend continues kiss 80% receivers goodbye.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They have a FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/catitexas?fref=nf

I wasn't aware OC was pretty much already a done deal in Texas, which makes this stunt that much more odd.
View Quote

It's not buttoned up yet, but unless something unexpected happens (read: Shit Storm) then it should be.

Thanks for the link

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God, I love conservatives.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Hmmm...

given that recent ATF re-interpretation of the law I wonder if it will be just one lower milled by the guy who owns the machine / tooling?

A build party would be verboten now, correct?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:10:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Wtf, these pricks are at it again? There is a right way and a wrong way to do these things and OCT always manages to find the worst way.

Against abortion? Let's have a woman give birth on the steps of the offending clinic. Tired of the Ferguson style protests? Dress up in a white robe and hood and run down the street singing "I wish I was in Dixie". Don't like that you can't OC in Texas? Go build an AR on the steps of the Capital building.

Thanks OCT for working hard to make us all look like inbread hillbillies, you fucking dickheads
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Dammit, if I can't manufacture a gun on the Capitol's steps, this ain't an America I want to live in!!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But...

But...

But...

God I love arfcom.
View Quote

Pick your battles.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:25:21 AM EDT
[#36]
In...

I'm with the conspiracy Croud on this one.

I wouldn't take them seriously if I was Joe Average public... Seriously!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Is OCT involved, and what T-shirts will they wear? Che? Tides Foundation? RevCom? The Bloomberg Fan Club?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#38]
This is more like, lets remind them of what its legal to do, this will remind them so THEY CAN BAN IT ALL.
THESE PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What good do you see coming of this?  
View Quote

They teach people how to make an 80 percent lower into a workable receiver on the Capitol steps?

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

They teach people how to make an 80 percent lower into a workable receiver on the Capitol steps?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And in the end, someone gets a new AR-15!

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And in the end, someone gets a new AR-15!

View Quote

How much are those table top CNC machines costing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Texas for the win
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

What I hate more is the  "let's be fucking jackass attention whores and bring a negative light to our cause" mentality.

Many on this forum say that the gays/trans/Muslims/etc need to quit pushing their agenda, "we get it already!" They say.

We have a bunch of extreme attention whores on our side, too.

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish I could say that they are that smart, but in reality, people on our side are THAT fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
View Quote

Please don't insult my GSD like that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is a war. What they are doing is like a slow walk into a machine gun position with no cover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retards on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm not sure what building an 80% lower has to do at all with OC.    As is usually the case, gun owners prove to be their own worse enemy, this time by being attention whores.   While 80% lowers really are no longer "under the radar" anymore, I just fail to see the logic in advertising their existence even further.  

Sometimes, it really is just worth keeping your mouth shut about something and not being an attention whore for every single thing.

As to the "anger the liberals by exercising your rights" comment, I fail to see how pushing your rights as far as they can go by carrying long guns in public spaces helps the movement any.  All it does is provoke the other side into reacting irrationally.  This is akin to a bunch of gays getting together for one of the gay pride fests and ramming their homosexuality down everyones throats with PDA's and other stuff that I don't even really care to see performed in public by heterosexuals (ETA: To clarify, not hating on gays, I really could care less who you do what with, there are just things I don't want to see in public by heteros or homos).

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

God, I love conservatives.

are you really that clueless do people need to spell it out to you?

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Once that rifle is finished isn't it then illegal to have in D.C let alone right outside the fence of the White House?

Sound like a fucking stupid idea. (Unless you want to end op in Federal prison or shot dead.)

Not really gonna help any Pro-2A cause. I'm not one that worries about upsetting liberals but I fail to see how this is a good idea.

eta: just enjoying my first cup of coffee, so I didn't read the article.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Once that rifle is finished isn't it then illegal to have in D.C let alone right outside the fence of the White House?

Sound like a fucking stupid idea. (Unless you want to end op in Federal prison or shot dead.)

Not really gonna help any Pro-2A cause. I'm not one that worries about upsetting liberals but I fail to see how this is a good idea.
View Quote

It's the Tejas state capital.

So the potential for libtard outrage is considerably less...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top