Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/9/2015 6:14:02 PM EDT
It's true. As if the chicken wasn't good enough (it was), they had the mind to package it in a portable plastic container, and lovingly place this container on a shelf in a building that has a tendency to bring in some beautiful women. As if this wasn't enough, they even went as far as to place a sweet little bar code on the side of the fragile plastic chicken coffin. Those crafty wizards of science. True miracle makers you are, you chicken cooking grocery store people. Bravo, you creepy bastards.

With this being said, I can honestly and firmly say that rotisserie chickens are mankind's 3rd greatest achievement. The number 87 and yoga pants are clearly take first and second place, respectively. Birth control takes 4th place.

That is all. You are dismissed.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I love to rotisserie chickens on my Bar-b-que.

Game hens are also awesome to cook in this manner.

Doesn't even require a lot of fancy spices - even just paprika yields an awesome bird.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The ones at Sam's Club are pretty good for $4 or whatever they are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It's all well and good until it gives you food poisoning so bad you don't fully recover for a year ... Haven't had grocery store rotisserie chicken since.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought one from Publix and had the legs/wings and then made chicken salad out of the rest, for the last couple of days.

Easy enough and at about $6.50 per quality bird, they're pretty cheap.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Tasty and cheap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Supermarket version of a gas station rollerdog. I don't trust them.
View Quote
gotta go with this.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tasty and cheap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tasty and cheap.

Yup $5
Then I make a bucket of soup with the carcass
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

True story, last time I got pre cooked chicken from the Kroger deli, I took a bite of it and blood came out.
Never. Again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to dig them, but not anymore.  The meat always seems mushy/mealy compared to other cooking methods.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#11]
My ex gf bought me one of those Ronco things and I shit you not it actually made some good chicken.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup $5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tasty and cheap.

Yup $5

all of the above

two full meals for 5 bucks
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]
store will mark them 50% off after 8
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Did these last weekend on my weber kettel. It was in the low 30s, lol. Wife did good with the christmas gift
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would (and do) eat a gas station hot dog before I ate one of those chickens in the plastic container sitting under the (luke) warming lights.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I love to rotisserie chickens on my Bar-b-que.

Game hens are also awesome to cook in this manner.

Doesn't even require a lot of fancy spices - even just paprika yields an awesome bird.
View Quote
Lemon pepper.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#17]
if you buy it at a store, you fail
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My ex gf bought me one of those Ronco things and I shit you not it actually made some good chicken.
View Quote

Yep.  My dad used the shit out of his Ronco when I was in high school.  It was awesome.  I ate well.  

I should probably pick one up now that you reminded me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I buy mine from Costco.  White meat not eaten immediately become sammich material or chicken salad.  Bones are boiled to become soup.  Then they're thrown out for the critters (saw deer eating those bones once ).
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would (and do) eat a gas station hot dog before I ate one of those chickens in the plastic container sitting under the (luke) warming lights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have a child and work full time, you are doing yourself a great disservice.

It's very easy and convenient  to swing into Kroger or Giant Eagle and grab a chicken, beans, mashed taters and corn and walk out spending only $10.

Since my wife and kid hate the dark meat, I just make chicken taco's with that meat the next day.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#21]
HEB Flaming Bird is superior.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep!  My wife brought one home once….. and only ONCE….. about 10 years ago. It sucked and the dog got it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to hit up the Commissary for lunch regularly.  It was either to get a half of a rotisserie chicken or a fresh sub from the deli.  Both were awesome deals.  No way is a fresh rotisserie chicken from a store a fail when it's that cheap and I don't have time to make it.  It kept me away from fast food like Burger King.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#24]
WTF
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I used to hit up the Commissary for lunch regularly.  It was either to get a half of a rotisserie chicken or a fresh sub from the deli.  Both were awesome deals.  No way is a fresh rotisserie chicken from a store a fail when it's that cheap and I don't have time to make it.  It kept me away from fast food like Burger King.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I make my own, see pic above
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you have a child and work full time, you are doing yourself a great disservice.

It's very easy and convenient  to swing into Kroger or Giant Eagle and grab a chicken, beans, mashed taters and corn and walk out spending only $10.

Since my wife and kid hate the dark meat, I just make chicken taco's with that meat the next day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU are doing your family a great disservice serving them that shit.

It's very easy and convenient to cook several meals on the weekends for week nights.

There are also more than a few meals that can be cooked in a half hour to 45 minutes that put that shit to shame.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#28]
I get one from Krogers about once a week. They time-stamp them, so you know exactly how fresh they are. Great value too, provides one big meal and I save the breast meat and pull it for a couple sammiches for lunch, three good meals for $6. I've never gotten a bad one from there, and if they don't have one ready they give it to you for free if you wait! I've gotten free ones several times.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

It's very easy and convenient to cook several meals on the weekends for week nights.

There are also more than a few meals that can be cooked in a half hour to 45 minutes that put that shit to shame.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Food nazi.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks Pops, but I know how to raise and feed my family.

Sometimes cheap and easy is the only way to get it done.

I do have a smoker that practically never cools down, and placing a whole, split chicken on it is the way to go.

But unless you raise your own cattle, chickens and vegetables...someone else is doing the majority of the work for YOU too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's all well and good until it gives you food poisoning so bad you don't fully recover for a year ... Haven't had grocery store rotisserie chicken since.
View Quote

If your system reacts that badly to a little kitchen filth then you have weak genes.

In older times you would have died and our species wouldn't be saddled with your weakness any more.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It's true. As if the chicken wasn't good enough (it was), they had the mind to package it in a portable plastic container, and lovingly place this container on a shelf in a building that has a tendency to bring in some beautiful women. As if this wasn't enough, they even went as far as to place a sweet little bar code on the side of the fragile plastic chicken coffin. Those crafty wizards of science. True miracle makers you are, you chicken cooking grocery store people. Bravo, you creepy bastards.

With this being said, I can honestly and firmly say that rotisserie chickens are mankind's 3rd greatest achievement. The number 87 and yoga pants are clearly take first and second place, respectively. Birth control takes 4th place.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess your grocery store must suck at cooking. The place here in town actually does a good job. The food is damn good, better than a few of our shitty excuses for restaraunts here in town.

Wait... I guess it means our restaraunts suck.

The food is good, and the good looking women actually dress sexy just to buy food. That's all I need to know. I'll be going back there before too long.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Queue that new KFC commercial where the mom and dad come home, and they are opening the supermarket plastic tub with the rotisserie chicken, making a creaking sound as they do - and all the kids in the house stop and look.  One girl asks 'Chicken again!?!".  The baby is playing in a fort made of those plastic tubs.  Another kid is wearing 'armor' made from those plastic tubs, while yet another is working on his volcano science project - made out of those same plastic tubs...
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We actually get good hotlamp chickens from the grocery store, they make them on site. Not sure I would buy one from super walmart  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used to dig them, but not anymore.  The meat always seems mushy/mealy compared to other cooking methods.
We actually get good hotlamp chickens from the grocery store, they make them on site. Not sure I would buy one from super walmart  

Never had one from Wally World.   Used to pick them up at various local chain grocery stores (e.g. Albertson's, King Soopers, Safeway).
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I use them for homemade chicken noodle soup.

They are most delicous.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Costco chickens ftw
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I buy one there every Saturday.
Think about it.
It's already cooked and hot to go for $5 and you take it home and put some veggies on and a salad and you have a good meal.
Debone it and use it over the next two days.
So you have gotten at least three suppers or lunches for $5.
Win!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I guess your grocery store must suck at cooking. The place here in town actually does a good job. The food is damn good, better than a few of our shitty excuses for restaraunts here in town.

The food is good, and the good looking women actually dress sexy just to buy food. That's all I need to know. I'll be going back there before too long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep saying that.  Are you from the Romney 2016 exploratory committee?  First hit on a Google search for hot women with rotisserie chicken (Anne Romney):

She says, " the family's staple, pre-cooked rotisserie chicken" LOL.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit article is bull shit. I worked in one of those supermarket and the chickens come in marinated cases from Tyson. They do not come from unsold chickens in the meat department. The unsold raw chickens are tossed in a bin and picked up by an outside company for disposal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
HEB Flaming Bird is superior.
View Quote

Came here to post that. Roasted jalapeno peppers and onions FTW.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I like to strip all the skin off and eat it and then stick the naked chicken back in the frige.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]
They would be much more appealing to me if they weren't injected with salt water, brine, flavoring, or anything at all...They could salt and pepper the inside, then stuff the body cavity with onions and apples for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Think about it.
It's already cooked and hot to go for $5 and you take it home and put some veggies on and a salad and you have a good meal.
Win!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about it.
Win!!

This

When I was 21 and living with a cousin, we would make avocado and chicken sandwiches or tacos with them.  

We would usually get a couple of meals each out of it for about $4 each.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I like to strip all the skin off and eat it and then stick the naked chicken back in the frige.
View Quote

There's a special place in hell reserved for your kind!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Beer can chicken?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#47]
The big-ass rotisserie in the back of the deli is mesmerizing.

In Italy, I remember hanging out at a cafe in Sorrento watching them rotisserie banks of chicken on this open flame contraption. I thought to myself, "BB, these are the fuckers that engineer Ferrari's and Ducati's, putting that shit to use"...and then I drank another limonata.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:59:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This

When I was 21 and living with a cousin, we would make avocado and chicken sandwiches or tacos with them.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think about it.
Win!!

This

Oh hell.....Avocados and chicken.
You just telegraphed tomorrow nights dinner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#50]
The gals at our local deli are pretty good and the chicken aint half bad either
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top