Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/9/2015 12:04:42 PM EDT
Background:

I live in a single-family home on a cul-de-sac in a suburban neighborhood.  There is one other home on the cul-de-sac.  I have a house keeper that comes weekly and parks her car in the street in the cul-de-sac.

The neighbor up the street has his lawn service scheduled for the same day as my housekeeper.  Last year I was home with my kids and the housekeeper was doing her thing and the lawn service people were in the street honking the horn on their truck to get my housekeeper to come outside and move her car.  

She walked outside and they started yelling and cussing at her to move her car because they couldn't turn their truck around with the trailer attached with her car parked where it was.

She moved the car.  

And then they did the same thing again the following week.  Blowing the truck horn and yelling at her to move her car.

There was a man working at the neighbors house who was outside and heard all of this and told them to stop yelling at her.  (I was not home.)

I walked over that night and informed my neighbor who had hired this service about how they were treating my employee.  He was pretty indifferent with the situation and said they did a good job on his yard but that he would speak to the owner of the lawn company about it.  

The next morning the owner of the lawn service showed up at my front door before I left for work and tried to explain away the situation and gave a non-apology apology.  He tried to say that yes, they shouldn't have yelled at her but that I needed to understand that they couldn't turn their trailer around.  I explained that there are better ways to handle the situation and that I wouldn't ever be using his lawn service for myself.

He said that he would instruct his employees not to drive down our street to turn around in anymore and that they would turn around using another cul-de-sac.

A year later . . .

Yesterday, my housekeeper was cleaning and she hears a truck revving its engine and looks out the window to see the same lawn service truck driving through my front yard and around her car parked in the cul-de-sac.

She was pissed.

I tried to call the lawn service but got no answer.

Housekeeper said she was going to leave a note for my neighbor explaining what this company had done.

I told housekeeper to just starting parking in the driveway and not in the cul-de-sac and leave the whole thing alone.

TL;DR

Neighbors lawn service can't turn truck and trailer around.  Drives through my front yard instead.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

TL;DR

Neighbors lawn service can't turn truck and trailer around.  Drives through my front yard instead.  

View Quote

Any damage?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Damage to the lawn?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs MS paint.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Call the owner and tell him one of his guys is retarded. He will get yelled at.

If it happens again install a spike strip.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#5]
the only acceptable solution is to drive your brodozer through the front door of their office
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]
pics of damage, I would go ape shit on those people.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any damage?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TL;DR

Any damage?

You can clearly see where they drove but no damage.  They didn't tear up any grass.

I do have a sprinkler system but I'm not running it currently.  Can't check if they broke any heads.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Complain to the HOA.  

Lawyer up.

Piss on neighbor.

Deploy caltrops.

Shit in neighbors yard.

Pick one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I got stuck as hell in a cul de sac once with a dump truck and a trailer with the excavator.

I had to back all the way back down the road and back to the main drag....it totally sucked.

Only a moran would drive though a non-customers yard, and most people wouldn't even drive though a customers yard unless they absolutely had to.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait what the  fuck. You asked your housekeeper to change her parking location  and your problem goes away? WTF man
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Only one answer. Be home for their next cutting and beat the fuck out of the entire lawn crew. Beat the fuck out of them and steal their mower. Your maid will probably want to blow you upon this display of extreme masculinity, so be careful.

Also, tell your maid to park in your driveway.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the only acceptable solution is to drive your brodozer through the front door of their office
View Quote

This should be the first post.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]

I told housekeeper to just starting parking in the driveway and not in the cul-de-sac and leave the whole thing alone.
View Quote

That's what I'd have done.  Alternatively, you could set up spike strips in your lawn.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Pics of French maid...............
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
No pics?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#16]

if the housekeepers' car is legally parked, then do not move it and FUCK THEM.

If they can't figure out an alternative to driving thru someone's fucking yard, then they are not

only assholes, they are also idiots.  I would file a complaint with the local PD for that bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]
you need to take that day off next time they are there and chew some ass, with a baseball bat.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Total dick move and I would be pissed at the lawn company, but why not let your maid park in your driveway?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Lawn service owner would have his crew over rikki tikki fixing my yard or pay the consequences...like all flat tires on that truck and trailer tomorrow morning...
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Roofing nails in that bottom portion of your lawn. Lots and lots of roofing nails
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#22]

THIS WORKS    all happy happy !
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Time to do donuts on neighbors lawn to teach his landscaper a lesson
I kid of course
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

THIS WORKS    all happy happy !
View Quote

that would have been fine BEFORE they drove through the yard. this shit needs to be handled in one way or another now. I would try my hardest to make sure whoever was driving is unemployed tomorrow.

ETA: if you get the guy fired, make sure you have cameras. he will come back.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Cameras on house?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#26]
What round for lawn mower?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Is this how it went down? If so, smack your maid after swiftly kicking the lawn crew's ass. If the car was parked along the curb, your maid's in the clear.

" />
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd probably try a police report about the driving through your yard. Your housekeeper saw it and knows who it was it should have some traction.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

throw a few feet of green steel cable in neighbors lawn.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#30]
How is the housekeeper parking? Is she parallel to the curb or headed straight in? If she's headed straight in she needs to change her ways. If she's parallel the Landscapers need to learn how to drive. Also, you would think by now they would know that turning around at the end of the cul-de-sac won't work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#31]
You obviously don't pee on your lawn often enough.  Increase your scent marking!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/aldVptE.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/aldVptE.jpg

Last reply I read nails it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Why wasn't your worker parking in the drive way in the first place?

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I had someone roll through my side yard to cut the grass in the lot behind mine.  They didn't want to go and up and over the curb in their truck.  Too bad--don't come on my property.

I let the people who hired them know that if this happened again and I had ruts in my side yard, there would be a serious issue and someone would get to repair the damage.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Needs MS paint.
View Quote

Pretty much . . .
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Man o man if ever anything would prompt me to spend 100 bucks on a security camera. Get a video of the turn around, then tell the business owner you have it on video and the next time is a lawsuit for damages. Hang up the phone and keep the camera running.

I wonder if the home owner who hired the lawn service is in any way liable as well? I doubt it, but it'd get a real fire lit under some asses if you had any leg to stand on to file suit against him. Not that I think he should necessarily be liable, but the more pressure the better.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Spray your neighbors yard with round up.
He won't need their services anymore.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#38]
So glad I don't live in town.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:48:17 PM EDT
[#39]
How the maid parks hasn't a thing to do with this. They don't get to drive on your lawn. Period.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I understand the anger.

I'd go the security camera route.

Maybe call the lawn care owner again.

After that how much time and energy do you really want to spend on this.

You may have to settle for living well being the best revenge.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Time for a little creative landscaping of your own.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I agree that they should not have trashed your yard by driving the truck and trailer through it -- dick move, for sure.

But, as a responsible and considerate homeowner why do you have an employee continuously parking on the street rather than in your available driveway?  I can't stand homeowners and/or guests who park on the street and inconvenience other residents when there is a perfectly good driveway, and in many cases, a perfectly good garage available.  This all could have been avoided.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Do you know where the office of the lawn service is?  Go down and drive across his lawn a few times.  Tell him every time his employees drive across your lawn, you are gonna do donuts on his lawn.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Complain to the HOA.  

Lawyer up.

Piss on neighbor.

Deploy caltrops.

Shit in neighbors yard.

Pick one.
View Quote

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Complain to the HOA.  

Lawyer up.

Piss on neighbor.

Deploy caltrops.

Shit in neighbors yard.

Pick one.
View Quote

Add: Call ICE
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Guys, OP never said that He made the housekeeper park in the street. When I worked for myself, I would never park/block someone's driveway. Its a common courtesy to the home owner.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How the maid parks hasn't a thing to do with this. They don't get to drive on your lawn. Period.
View Quote

Well it does and it doesn't. Sort of. It's a contributing factor if she is parking straight in and has been after being told not to, it can be seen as provoking the situation. Still doesn't justify driving on the lawn but it does help explain it. They may feel provoked. Again, not justified, but understandable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#48]
If the lawn is damaged, small claims court. That'll teach him.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Lawn dipshits too stupid to back up a trailer?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#50]
I would call the police and file a complaint.
They may not do much but if it happens again they might.
My brother owned a lawn service and I helped him out one summer. We would NEVER have thought to do something like that. Those are some real caringless scum bags working for him.
Is it hard to maneuver the truck and trailer...YES, can it be done.....YES. You have to be smarter than the rig you are driving.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top