Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/4/2015 4:55:21 PM EDT
I see his name often here. So for the Cruz supporters tell me why I should support him.

I watch Fox news, listen to Rush maybe 10-times a year and local talk radio daily. I vote Republican but I'm not political junkie when it comes to internal GOP politics.

Here is what I "know" about Cruz.

He looks Latino.
He has a Latino last name.
He's fat which makes him resemble a cartoon dog.
He's a Republican
Republicans seem to like him.

Tell me what i need to know about him? Be specific not vague catch phrases like "supports the constitution"
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I see his name often here. So for the Cruz supporters tell me why I should support him.

I watch Fox news, listen to Rush maybe 10-times a year and local talk radio daily. I vote Republican but I'm not political junkie when it comes to internal GOP politics.

He looks Latino.
He's a Republican

Tell me what i need to know about him? Be specific not vague catch phrases like "supports the constitution"
View Quote

The fuck?

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Troll thread.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
A chance for Cruz supporters to tell me why I should support Ted Cruz.  He has a lot of support here, probably only behind Rand Paul, I am interested why.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
He's not obama, doesn't support obama, and fights to stop obama so he is a great choice.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay OP I'll play your game.

He is the son of a Cuban immigrant. He literally had NOTHING and with hard work became prosperous.
He is UBER conservative and stands up not only to the dems but to the Rinos as well.
He is the living embodiment of the American dream.
He is pro 2A
He is anti abortion
He is Christian
He is for smaller government
He is pro .mil

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Because he says that to be an American, you must support Israel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He is the son of a Cuban immigrant. He literally had NOTHING and with hard work became prosperous.
He is UBER conservative and stands up not only to the dems but to the Rinos as well.
He is pro 2A
He is anti abortion
He is Christian
He is pro .mil

View Quote

6/8 items GD supports 100% is the best we' lol get
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#9]
if we must explain.......
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't even know what this means. But I'm most interested in specific reasons to support Ted Cruz. Not the reasons some oppose him.

The more specific the better. Cant stand vaque statements like "supports immigration reform" which can mean anthing from amnesty and open borders to a border wall and internment camps. So be specific.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The RINOs hate him. He outs their hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I would pay good money to see a Presidential debate between Ted Cruz and Cankles Clinton !  He would destroy her !

Prominent Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz offered words of praise for former student Ted Cruz in a new interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer:

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas): “Off-the-charts brilliant. And you know, liberals make the terrible mistake, including some of my friends and colleagues, of thinking that all conservatives are dumb. And I think one of the reasons that conservatives have been beating liberals in the courts and in public debates is because we underestimate them. Never underestimate Ted Cruz. He is off-the-chart brilliant. I don’t agree with his politics.”
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#14]
OP, go on back to DU where you belong.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Cruz is the man!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Because he is the better of two evils.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two? The primaries have not even started. He is one potential candidate out of the entire Republican party.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am really surprised that Dershowitz would admit that.

Ted Cruz is my Senator and he is the man.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would pay good money to see a Presidential debate between Ted Cruz and Cankles Clinton !  He would destroy her !

Prominent Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz offered words of praise for former student Ted Cruz in a new interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer:

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R., Texas): “Off-the-charts brilliant. And you know, liberals make the terrible mistake, including some of my friends and colleagues, of thinking that all conservatives are dumb. And I think one of the reasons that conservatives have been beating liberals in the courts and in public debates is because we underestimate them. Never underestimate Ted Cruz. He is off-the-chart brilliant. I don’t agree with his politics.”

Kind of like Kuby praising GWB right after 9-11  didnt stop him from going back to being his usual fucktard self within a few months
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:51:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I would add to the list that he articulates the Classic Liberal philosophy very well, able to tie Constitutional reasoning to what will help voters in the present.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#22]
A Ted Cruz Quote:

I don’t know if it’s the water, something in the air, the cherry blossoms, but people get here and they stop listening to the American people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Two? The primaries have not even started. He is one potential candidate out of the entire Republican party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  

Eta...you're being just a little too literal.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I don't even know what this means. But I'm most interested in specific reasons to support Ted Cruz. Not the reasons some oppose him.

The more specific the better. Cant stand vaque statements like "supports immigration reform" which can mean anthing from amnesty and open borders to a border wall and internment camps. So be specific.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it is time you paid a little attention to what is going on in the country instead of coming in here asking to be spoon fed what you need to know.

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

He is pro 2A
He is anti abortion
He is Christian
He is pro .mil

View Quote

He's also a first-class lawyer who graduated at the top of his class, so he actually understands law, unlike our current fraud in the WH.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#26]
The democrats and the Republican establishment hate him with a passion.

Makes me love him even more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The democrats and the Republican establishment hate him with a passion.

Makes me love him even more.
View Quote

good enough for most here too
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd love to see him as Senate Majority Whip in a few years.  I think he'd be be able to reduce the size of government better there than in the WH.  YMMV...
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Maybe it is time you paid a little attention to what is going on in the country instead of coming in here asking to be spoon fed what you need to know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not a very good ambassador for your party. Why don't you try to win this guy over to your side by listing Cruz's accomplishments?  Oh wait, he doesn't have any.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

He is pro 2A

He is anti abortion

He is Christian

He is pro .mil

View Quote
Pretty much sums it up.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Supports the constitution.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Liberatarians think only their candidates do.  Democrats think only theirs do. Republicans think some of theirs do. It's easy to say you do it. It hard to prove it with specifics. The term means different things to different people.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Liberatarians think only their candidates do.  Democrats think only theirs do. Republicans think some of theirs do. It's easy to say you do it. It hard to prove it with specifics. The term means different things to different people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I answered your question but you have ignored it. I am starting to think that what you want is to troll for responses that you can cherry pick to make him look bad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I answered your question but you have ignored it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent. I appreciate the thoughtfull response. I'm not here to debate Ted Cruz and I dont want to hear from those opposed to him. So I'm not sure what type of response you expect beyond reading what you wrote?

I am starting to think that what you want is to troll for responses that you can cherry pick to make him look bad.

Ive specifically asked that those without good things to say keep it to themselves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Very funny OP.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I havent. I appreciate the thoughtfull response. I'm not here to debate Ted Cruz and I dont want to hear from those opposed to him. So I'm not sure what type of response you expect beyond reading what you wrote?

Ive specifically asked that those without good things to say keep it to themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am starting to think that what you want is to troll for responses that you can cherry pick to make him look bad.

So, what are trying to get from this thread?

You say he looks like a cartoon dog and is Hispanic.

Are you looking for more cartoon dog politicians?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I answered your question but you have ignored it. I am starting to think that what you want is to troll for responses that you can cherry pick to make him look bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you gave him your opinions. You gave him generalities.

How about instead of listing what he believes, you list his accomplishments. What he believes is irrelevant if he can't get the job done.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So, what are trying to get from this thread?

View Quote

Learn why many here are excited about Ted Cruz.

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How about instead of listing what he believes, you list his accomplishments. What he believes is irrelevant if he can't get the job done.
View Quote

Beliefs are important as well, as long as they are specific.

Just as an example of catch phrase versus specifics.  "Pro military" doesnt say much. "Marine corp veteren of Desert Storm who supports a 15% military pay raise and matching increase in VA disability paments" says more.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Democrats don't like him because he is about personal responsibility.
RINOs don't like him because he often shows their hipocracy.
He is a fiscal conservative.
He believes government is bloated and actually tries to do something to reverse it.
He listens to the voters, not just another do whatever they want when they hit D.C. politician.
He is willing to make hard choices and stand behind them.
He believes in the law of the land, not laws to make politicians more powerful.
He is against the government's constant infringement in nearly all walks of our life.
He is for lower taxes.
He is a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter, as well as all the others.

Frankly, he's what most of us want.  An honest politician, yet when we get one we find ways to undercut him as we want to be lied too and told everything will be just fine if we can kick this can further down the road.

I could go on and on...
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

He looks Latino.
He's a Republican

View Quote

Cruz is one of the few tea party/conservatives/libertarians the Republican Party has. Everyone else is "Democrat Lite." He actually cares about reducing the size of government, unlike Boehner.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I read that too.  Would support Cruz just to see him flay Hilary in a debate.    
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Shall we pit these against Hillary 'shops?  
View All Quotes

I'm good.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes no sense. His accomplishments are available on wikifuckingpedia.
What he believes is the most relevant things. No one man can get the job done but at least stands up for what is right.
Do you and the Op need a link to cspan archives or what?
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Dear OP. I used Google and found this website.
It is dedicated to each politician and their stance on issues.

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Ted_Cruz.htm

Ted Cruz on Government reform:

•Stop IRS from asking: 'tell me the content of your prayers'. (Mar 2014)
•Presidents should not pick & choose laws to enforce. (Mar 2014)
•End Washington cronyism via Congressional term limits. (Mar 2014)
•Obama dishonors Constitution by bypassing Congress. (Jan 2014)
•Obama's executive orders is open door for future lawlessness. (Jan 2014)
•Dems want to get as many Americans as possible dependent. (Oct 2012)
•Head of the Center for Tenth Amendment Studies. (Jul 2011)
•Require voters to show ID to avoid voter fraud. (Jul 2011)
•Identify constitutionality in every new congressional bill. (Jul 2010)
•Audit federal agencies, to reform or eliminate them. (Jul 2010)
•Moratorium on all earmarks until budget is balanced. (Jul 2010)
•Prohibit IRS audits targeting Tea Party political groups. (Feb 2014)

On gun control:

•Opposes unreasonable and burdensome gun restrictions. (Jul 2011)
•Voted NO on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets. (Apr 2013)
•Opposes restricting the Second Amendment. (Oct 2012)
•Oppose the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty. (Sep 2013)

On the Military:

•Opposes TSA and National Defense Authorization Act. (Sep 2012)
•Fierce advocate of recruiting and growing the military. (Jul 2011)
•Supports banning military gay marriage. (Oct 2012)
•Sponsored opposing the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. (Mar 2013)

On immigration:

•No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas. (Oct 2012)
•Give police more power to ask about immigration status. (Jun 2012)
•Boots on the ground, plus a wall. (Apr 2012)
•Triple the size of the Border Patrol. (Mar 2012)
•Strengthen border security and increase enforcement. (Jul 2011)

On Taxes:

•Permanent Washington elite protects the tax code. (Apr 2012)
•Adopt a single-rate tax system. (Jul 2010)
•Repeal tax hikes in capital gains and death tax. (Jul 2010)
•Supports the Taxpayer Protection Pledge. (Aug 2012)
•Opposes increasing tax rates. (Oct 2012)
•Supports eliminating the inheritance tax. (Oct 2012)

Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

During the proposed bans during the 2013 panic, he was one of a handful of US Senators who without question defended the 2A.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A chance for Cruz supporters to tell me why I should support Ted Cruz.  He has a lot of support here, probably only behind Rand Paul, I am interested why.

View Quote

We dont give a shit if you vote your rights away make up your own mind.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top