Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2001 11:53:50 AM EDT
I know there was a thread awhile ago about this plane but Art Bells website finally has some footage on what this thing can do. Its incredible. This thing will out turn anything we have. And aren't they suposed to be hurting for money??
[url]http://www.artbell.com/letters06.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad its NOT on the list of stuff 'FOR SALE'...I would LOVE one of THOSE in the gun safe!!!!

[url]http://www.rusarm.ru/exprod.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow !

Cool Video ...

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Su-37
Najbardziej zaawansowanym myœliwcem genaracji 4+ jest Su-37, oblatany 2 kwietnia 1996r. Su-37 jest modernizacj¹ Su-35, zawiera on kilka istotnych zmian, najwa¿niejsze z nich to:
-nowy uk³ad aerodynamiczny z przednim usterzeniem poziomym;
-sterowany wektor ci¹gu;
-radar N011M z anten¹ ze skanowaniem fazowym;
-nowe uzbrojenie: rakiety powietrze-powietrze typu R-77, KS-172; rakiety powietrze-ziemia Ch-65S, Moskit a tak¿e hiperdŸwiêkowa rakieta aerobalistyczna Ch-15P;
-now¹ kabinê z kolorowymi wielofunkcyjnymi monitorami ciek³okrystalicznymi oraz bocznym dr¹¿kiem sterowym.

Zespó³ napêdowy sk³ada siê z dwóch dwuprzep³ywowych silników Al-31FU o ci¹gu 137,3 kN ze sterowanym wektorem ci¹gu w p³aszczy¿nie pionowej w zakresie +-15. Obecnie stosowana jestwersja silnika Al-31F ze sterowanym wektorem ci¹gu.

Su-37 zabiera osiem ton uzbrojenia na 14 wysiêgnikach. Przenosi wszystkie rosyjskie rakiety powietrze-ziemia o zasiêgu do 250 km oraz wszystkie rakiety powietrze-powietrze.

Pierwsza publiczna prezentacja Su-37 nast¹pi³a podczas œwiêta lotnictwa w sierpniu 1996 roku na lotnisku Tuszyno w Moskwie, a prezentacja zagraniczna - podczas wystawy w Farnborough w Angliiod 2 do 8 wrzeœnia w 1996 r. Samolot z numerem burtowym "711" pokazywa³ niesamowite figury, np. Kulbit, polegaj¹cy na przewrocie przez plecy, wykonywanym prawie w miejscu.

[img]http://www.suchoj.hg.pl/su-37(1).jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
What?
That made my eyes hurt just looking at it [>Q]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Too bad its NOT on the list of stuff 'FOR SALE'...I would LOVE one of THOSE in the gun safe!!!!

[url]http://www.rusarm.ru/exprod.htm[/url]
View Quote
but where are the prices? any one want to go in on a sub? scary thought that all of that stuff is for sale to some third world contry!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#6]
TRANSLATION:

We are russian cock-suckers.  We have taken all of the foreign aid cash money from the US and developed more nuclear weapons (like the Topol-M) .   We piss on the USA.

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
most of that was just fancy stalls. The vectored thrust helped "control" the direction of the stall.
A few years back the AirForce put one of these vectored thrust engines on an F16, but they went one further. The engines vectored up and down like these and they also vectored side ways. That air plane could do some truely amazing things.
Scratch
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
The fancy maneuver are only good at airshows. If I'm behind one of those and the SU-37 and he pulls one of those stunts. He just show me his broad side and I can pitch up and let go a burst of 30 mm and he is history. Something that hangs in mid air are really easy to shoot. If I'm unfortunate enough to fly pass him I can dive and accelerate out of his gun range. Its a capable plane but it not anything that US Fighter cannot handle. But Pentagon just like to have a good lead ahead of other nations.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#9]
FREE AK`S WITH EACH PURCHASE!.....they won`t show how many su`s nosed in when they lost lift......actually...you can buy a mig ride from the ruskies......ClearFire....you`re a sick dude!.........[rocket]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top