Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2014 7:31:34 PM EDT
I haven't been to one in a few years. Went to one today with my brother. Ended up with a NIB CZ 452 Mannlicher stocked in 17 HMR for $500 cash and carry. A pretty decent deal in it's own right but then we found a 95% condition FN Browning A5 Light Twelve made in 1950 for $500 bills !

We had several dealers at tables offering us $850-$900 as we walked around the rest of the day for that Browning.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Good score.  Exception, not the rule.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten quite a few really excellent deals at gunshows, but it's not edgy to admit enjoying  attending them anymore.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Pictures aren't loading.

Just a fantasy without photos.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Dealers are really hurting for gun sales. If the market stays like it is, I expect many to go under. Good deals at gun shows currently.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to a gun show today and didn't find a damn thing worth buying.

But that's o.k., 'cause the good one is next weekend.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pictures aren't loading.

View Quote

I'll get them next time I am out at my brother's place.  I'm too broke to afford anything outside of pieces and bits, now.
He's a doctor so I can live vicariously through him   My shooting range is at his house so I get to shoot them all anyway

On the down side, all the small stuff I wanted had stoooopid prices One table had box full of Colt 20 rounders.........$40 a piece
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to a gun show today. Just a bunch of AR type rifles, pistols,  and over priced ammo. All the C&R stuff I could find cheaper online.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing worth buying at the Hampton show except lowers and mags from Quantico Tactical today.

Firearms and ammo prices were mind numbing.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Nothing worth buying at the Hampton show except lowers and mags from Quantico Tactical today.

Firearms and ammo prices were mind numbing.

View Quote

Thats the one I went to. I seen the mags but passed. Didnt see any lowers at the table though
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Dalton?

I have had a good laugh at gun shows here in Ohio. And how some dealers go by the bluebook and how they have their own version of grading outside the NRA style.
Deals are to be had but its always the same dealers with the same over priced stuff that sits there show after show and the won't budge on the price.
The best deals are from the guys who set up a table for the first time or know what the current value of stuff
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dalton?

I have had a good laugh at gun shows here in Ohio. And how some dealers go by the bluebook and how they have their own version of grading outside the NRA style.
Deals are to be had but its always the same dealers with the same over priced stuff that sits there show after show and the won't budge on the price.
The best deals are from the guys who set up a table for the first time or know what the current value of stuff
View Quote

Yep. It's a new show for that promoter. I had never been there before. Pretty decent facility. Only a few tables with beef jerky

LOTS and lots of handguns. Prices were pretty normal for those. Powder going for $34/lb
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Now I go to the shows to see vendors that I regularly patronize.  Social visits and see the regulars.  If I find a deal, great, but i do not count on it.  Found a Trijicon SRS scope with ARMS mount for $440 that came home with me.  That has been the only score for quite some time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll get them next time I am out at my brother's place.  I'm too broke to afford anything outside of pieces and bits, now.
He's a doctor so I can live vicariously through him   My shooting range is at his house so I get to shoot them all anyway

On the down side, all the small stuff I wanted had stoooopid prices One table had box full of Colt 20 rounders.........$40 a piece
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures aren't loading.

I feel your pain.

I had been looking forward to the gun show this weekend as well, running low on powder and primers, need some bullets, and I like to browse.

But after reviewing finances, I stayed home.

What little I have needs to stay around for the kids Christmas presents.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ended up with a NIB CZ 452 Mannlicher stocked in 17 HMR for $500 cash and carry.
View Quote

They got away easy.  They would have had to pay me way more than that to take a mannlicher.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Good score.  Exception, not the rule.
View Quote
Nah. At big shows there are always deals

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Deals are where you find them. I've found several.
Mostly on guns or things I thought, that would be cool to own.
If your looking for a certain specific thing and it's popular right now.
Good luck with that. Nothing like finding 80$ S&W grips on the bargain table for 20$ and paying 15$.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#19]
How is that show compared to medina?I am  thinking about going to it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I got a great score too.

Will pay for my kids' college one day.

I bought this sucker's entire Beanie Baby collection for $18,500.  They even had tag protectors. I sure took him to the cleaners.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Well good for you
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

The two I mostly go to are Berea and Medina. Berea is the bigger of the two but Medina is pretty good sized.
12-13/14 is both Medina and Maumee. I haven't been to the Maumee show yet so I'm thinking that one.

I mostly go to FF the merch and shoot the shit. I figure for $20 (travel and entry) it's a pretty good entertainment value for the day.
If I find something I like, bonus.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Ive been doing better on FB and at the pawn shop than shows.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's about the size of 1 side (the big side) of the Medina show, perhaps a bit larger. Close to the size of the Summit show

Quoted:
I got a great score too.

Will pay for my kids' college one day.

I bought this sucker's entire Beanie Baby collection for $18,500.  They even had tag protectors. I sure took him to the cleaners.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ive been doing better on FB and at the pawn shop than shows.
View Quote

Shit, on the FB gun trader pages I regularly check everybody seems to think that firing a box of ammo through a firearm means the value goes up
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I have not gone in years. Used to go all the time. I'll give it another shot. Hopefully it is not a waste.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I went to a gun show today and saw nothing decent. All they had was overpriced ammo, overpriced magazines, and a couple legit vendors with basically the same prices you could get in a gun store. Tables in the back had the women selling candles, jewelry, and other crap. I arrived at a table just in time to hear some crusty old fuck tell someone browsing the handguns that the taurus judge was the best home defense handgun made. I recall GD saying there was a judge guy at every gun show but I didn't believe it until today.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:09:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I love my CZ 452 in .17HMR, same model you have. I snagged it a couple years ago when they discontinued that particular model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top