Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2014 1:29:41 PM EDT
I woke up Thursday and as soon as I stood up I noticed a lot of pain in the bottom of my right foot. It is just in front of the heal and more to the outside edge If the bottom of my heal was a clock the pain is at 10 or 11 O'clock. It is between a sharp and dull pain and only hurts when standing. As soon as I get off of it the pain goes away instantly. If I rub or massage it, it does not hurt, it only hurts standing and the pain is a 6 on a scale of 1-10. It kind of feels like I smashed it or jumped on a rock without shoes on like a deep bruise but I did nothing to cause it that I remember.
Any ides?  Could it be a blood clot? Thanks for any advice!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That must be it! Many thanks!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got over it. Buy new quality shoes and heel supports. It took 2 months.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for any advice!
View Quote

I advise you to know the difference between "heal" & "heel"....................................    
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Heel spur.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Went to my podiatrist, he molded my feet and had a pair of custom orthotics made up.  

A month later, no pain.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
OP. Freeze a bottle of water and roll that under your foot. Do not stretch it until the pain has subsided. Ice it a lot.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:27:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I advise you to know the difference between "heal" & "heel"....................................    
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for any advice!

Because spelling is soooooo important on an internet gun forum.....my god get a life moran!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Do run OP? My feet used to hurt real bad for the first few months after I started running 2-4 times a week. Getting thinner socks and better shoes helped take care of it
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do run OP? My feet used to hurt real bad for the first few months after I started running 2-4 times a week. Getting thinner socks and better shoes helped take care of it
View Quote

Not a lot of running but lots of boxing and kick boxing. That never caused foot pain though in 25 years of kicking bags and lots of jumping. Just started out of the blue on Thursday I think.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#12]
You have the Gout.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#13]

FPNI !!!

Stretch your foot out by lifting your toes, as to touch your shin, like when doing a calf stretch, before standing up.
If it reduces the pain, get to the podiatrist before you really piss the thing off.

I got blind sided with two at once in the middle of harvest, and put it off. It took 5 months to get things back to almost normal...
The sooner you get the orthotics and proper arch support, the sooner things heal.

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Dibs on guns and ammo?

As usual FPNI, your shoes may not be worn out, they may not offer you the support you need.

Work buys my boots, everyone raved about our new choice of Rocky boots, super comfy, like tennis shoe even though steel toe and steel shank. Within 2-3 month plantar fasciitis started.

Buy shoes that properly fit, and give you support.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I woke up Thursday and as soon as I stood up I noticed a lot of pain in the bottom of my right foot. It is just in front of the heal and more to the outside edge If the bottom of my heal was a clock the pain is at 10 or 11 O'clock. It is between a sharp and dull pain and only hurts when standing. As soon as I get off of it the pain goes away instantly. If I rub or massage it, it does not hurt, it only hurts standing and the pain is a 6 on a scale of 1-10. It kind of feels like I smashed it or jumped on a rock without shoes on like a deep bruise but I did nothing to cause it that I remember.
Any ides?  Could it be a blood clot? Thanks for any advice!
View Quote

Sounds like a displaced cuboid bone. I get them fairly often and it's a common problem. They can be displaced in a number of ways, but the sensation is the same for all: Sharp pain, swelling after a while, then turning to the feeling of a burning bruise. Eventually, it might go back in place (mine will if I chase my nephews around the yard), but chances are that your doc will have to manipulate your bones in your foot to make it go back in.

I might have to have mine pinned.

ETA: Nevermind-I missed the part where you got out of bed and it hurt, that is classic Plantar Fasciitis. Look at new shoes/boots and some inserts to help stretch those ligaments under your foot. Basically, you have a bunch of little tears on the ligament under your foot and it's pissed off. Recovery can be a long process, so do what you can to make it easier. It will get a lot worse if you don't get a handle on it. 6 out of 10 can be a 14 out of 10 pretty easily.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You have the Gout.
View Quote

If it hurts like a motherfucker it's gout.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not a lot of running but lots of boxing and kick boxing. That never caused foot pain though in 25 years of kicking bags and lots of jumping. Just started out of the blue on Thursday I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you are getting old The only sure cure is to preempt the problem by cutting your foot off
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Hope your heel heals.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Get a belt and sit down in a comfortable chair.

Hold the end of the belt in your hands, and place your toes in the middle of the belt (on the floor). Extend your leg straight out and pull the belt (and your toes/foot) toward you. Its a very good stretch for spurs and faciatis.

Check this link out, the picture for #5 is what I am talking about. It worked great for me and the pain was gone in a day or two. (I've only experienced it that one time.)

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Heel-Spurs

ETA pic:
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:34:17 PM EDT
[#20]
If you spend time behind a desk, get yourself a short piece of 2X4 and prop your toes up on it while sitting.  It took me a year to get over this crap.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to my world.  I'm back on a pretty vigorous exercise regimen and have to sleep in a boot for PF.
My right foot is far worse than my left.
I use a frozen bottle of water to help with the pain and purchased Powerstep inserts for all my shoes.  I've ordered a Strassburg sock to take the place of the boot since it looks like it will be more comfortable to sleep in.

This shit sucks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You have the Gout.
View Quote

I did get that about 10 years ago and it was much worse then this time around. Gout SUCKS!!!! Doc said I was eating to much red meat....LOL! F off Doc. J/K!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:28:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Welcome to my world.  I'm back on a pretty vigorous exercise regimen and have to sleep in a boot for PF.
My right foot is far worse than my left.
I use a frozen bottle of water to help with the pain and purchased Powerstep inserts for all my shoes.  I've ordered a Strassburg sock to take the place of the boot since it looks like it will be more comfortable to sleep in.

This shit sucks.
View Quote

Doc told me to get one of those too.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Get a belt and sit down in a comfortable chair.

Hold the end of the belt in your hands, and place your toes in the middle of the belt (on the floor). Extend your leg straight out and pull the belt (and your toes/foot) toward you. Its a very good stretch for spurs and faciatis.

Check this link out, the picture for #5 is what I am talking about. It worked great for me and the pain was gone in a day or two. (I've only experienced it that one time.)

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Heel-Spurs

ETA pic:
http://pad3.whstatic.com/images/thumb/7/78/Get-Rid-of-Heel-Spurs-Step-5.jpg/670px-Get-Rid-of-Heel-Spurs-Step-5.jpg
View Quote

I'll give it a shot! Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sounds like you are getting old The only sure cure is to preempt the problem by cutting your foot off
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm only 37 but yeah I'm starting to feel lots of ackes and pains I never had before. Still able to workout as hard as when I was in my early 20's.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hope your heel heals.
View Quote

Ha ha! Thanks!

Thanks everyone else too!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Ice it, NSAIDs, othotics, get on top of it before it become chronic or you will be miserable for a long time.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ice it, NSAIDs, othotics, get on top of it before it become chronic or you will be miserable for a long time.
View Quote

What exactly do you mean by orthotics? Foot Doctor Time of just shoe inserts? I work 13 hour shifts standing on concrete which doesn't help.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What exactly do you mean by orthotics? Foot Doctor Time of just shoe inserts? I work 13 hour shifts standing on concrete which doesn't help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom. Problem isolated. Invest in quality boots and insoles if you haven't already. It'll make all the difference.

Couldn't hurt anything but your wallet to see a doc. I would if the pain persists beyond a couple of days. The one time I had experienced it, I did just what you did and asked around. Mostly got the same responses you are getting, so I stretched a lot and tried to stay off it when that was an option. It went away in a couple of days, but if it didn't I would have went to the doc.

ETA: I have been doing the same type of work for 8 years, but this one 8 month contract we landed involved long days on acres of crushed stone. I attribute that to being the difference maker in my work that contributed to the spur. The stone acted like walking on a sandy beach, but my job demanded I walked 10-20 miles on it, every day. Since that contract has run up, I have not experienced it again. (Mostly work on roofs or on dirt/grass)
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For your shoes.  They don't have to be custom ones--as those are more pricey and have to be form made.
I ordered Powersteps off Amazon.  Another that I have heard recommended by Podiatrists are Superfeet.  I went with the former--about $30 a pair, and they come in 3/4 length as well for use in dress shoes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top