Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2014 11:40:54 AM EDT
I figured GD might have a bead on these.

I love wool gloves, they are my favorite. I wear fingerless lots of the time for hunting, but if it starts to get down into the 20's or lower my fingertips freeze on the metal of my shotgun, it's unpleasant.

That is when I usually break out the GI glove liners, the thin wool ones are just enough to keep the bit off the finger tips but still give a little dexterity. The problem is that there is no grip with them, especially if they get some snow or ice on them, and the finger tips wear out fast, so I end up with fingerless gloves again anyway.

I started to look for some thin wool gloves with nice leather palms and all I can find is multi layered ragg wool gloves. They look super warm, but for walking and shooting I think they would be too clunky.

I would like something like the GI glove liner with a nice full deer or goatskin palm that comes up all the fingers.

Does such a think exist?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure there is an answer out there that would work well.
I will say this about that. The so called Mechanics Gloves with the Thinsolate lining is very impressive. The waterproof gloves also have a plastic barrier. I have both types and their are the most warm gloves I have ever owned. You can load magazines,cycle bolts and pull triggers with no problems
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The only ones I've seen are the thick rag wool gloves.

I've been thinking about buying a can of plasti-dip and dipping the finger tips of the GI glove liners.

Right now I wear the fingerless GI gloves on top of a pair of G-tec maxiflex gloves (34-874).
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]

I've haven't noticed a pair in the store to try on, it is tough to tell from the pics if they would be too clunky.  But these seem to have some of the features you are seeking.  And unlike some of the other "wool" products they sell there is actually a lot of wool in the blend.

cabelas link
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Those look pretty thick, I was looking for knit wool.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks, I am going to shoot them an email to see if they use a liner.

I did manage to find some called Dents from the UK, but they are expensive as hell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top