Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2014 10:15:57 AM EDT
A very big THANK YOU to those folks making my day miserable.

To you, overdose-on-holidays nutjob. You can always volunteer to help those less fortunate or do something else constructive with your time, instead of projectile vomiting on staff, buck my vents, and generally be a giant pain in our ass thanks to your pill-popping tendencies.

To you, recind-the-patients-wishes-family. Yes, I love pulling chunky blood clots out of your families lungs after they specifically said they don't want to be on life support, but ohh no you can't let 90 year old granny with terminal illness go.

To you, I-don't-stop-shoveling-food-in-my-face. Even while on machines to help you breath because the extra 200-250lbs of fat on your body is crushing your lungs and stressing your heart you still manage to bitch how you want turkey with all the fixings. You get NOTHING. When you leave here, try a salad and water.

Happy Thanksgiving to all those other folks stuck away from their familes!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

To you, overdose-on-holidays nutjob. You can always volunteer to help those less fortunate or do something else constructive with your time, instead of projectile vomiting on staff, buck my vents, and generally be a giant pain in our ass thanks to your pill-popping tendencies.

To you, recind-the-patients-wishes-family. Yes, I love pulling chunky blood clots out of your families lungs after they specifically said they don't want to be on life support, but ohh no you can't let 90 year old granny with terminal illness go.

To you, I-don't-stop-shoveling-food-in-my-face. Even while on machines to help you breath because the extra 200-250lbs of fat on your body is crushing your lungs and stressing your heart you still manage to bitch how you want turkey with all the fixings. You get NOTHING. When you leave hear, try a salad and water.

View Quote
I'm thankful that I got to work earlier this month

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Healthcare and/or Retail. During the holidays. Never again!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Suck it up Cupcake. You signed on the dotted line.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Work must not be that hard if you can be posting here.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Sounds like it might be time for you to consider a career change.
I hope your Thanksgiving gets better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Could have used a few choice swear words, little more violence, and some CAPITOLS and #*&%!$...
Score: 6.25/10

Cute strory though. I'm at work too...Trying to fix a GE90 jet engine component issue...Turkey is in the brine and will start smoking at 11:00am.

And then I'll probably............oh shit...................hunggggggggggggggggggggggggg, my heart!!!!! Fuck, it's the big one...Oh shit, hungggggggggggggggggggggggg...
<---smiling he's not in NY
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh, 7/10.  More cussing and harsh language next time.  Also, pics of hot nurses never hurt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm currently working in Newfoundland several thousand miles away from my nearest family. It's a not a holiday here. Just another week at work. I do miss drunkenly frying a bird with the family. Good times. I'm not complaining though. I love my job and knew what I was signing up for. I've missed every holiday so far this year and I'm expecting to spend Xmas offshore. All part of the fun.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I like this thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm about to drive 6 hours to 12 hours tonight, then drive 6 hours back home. It's ok, I like what I do and the paycheck will be substantial. We celebrated yesterday. Today is just another day but with a lot of football.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

To you, I-don't-stop-shoveling-food-in-my-face. Even while on machines to help you breath because the extra 200-250lbs of fat on your body is crushing your lungs and stressing your heart you still manage to bitch how you want turkey with all the fixings. You get NOTHING. When you leave here, try a salad and water.

View Quote
Go to college

Graduate

Quit shitty job that makes you work on holidays

Profit
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Can't embed today

Take This Job And Shove It
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go to college   Graduate
Profit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to college   Graduate
Profit

Keep drinking.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Buck my vents?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly! It's a free country. Quit this lousy, horrible job and mow lawns.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#16]
It definitely sounds like you are in the wrong line of work.

I'm sure your shitty attitude toward your patients affects your ability and willingness to provide the best care.

I hope none of my loved ones ever have to encounter someone like you OP when they need healthcare.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Buck my vents?

View Quote

Asynconized respirations that are not conducive to the function of the lungs while on mechanical support. Also known as "fighting" the vent. Usually with patients that either have a neurological issue causing non-rythmic tachypnea or patients that are narcotic tolerant so they are not very sedated.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:19:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

BRB..gotta get the duty belt ready for work.

Everyone working, enjoy your day and make it home safely.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Keep drinking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to college   Graduate

Profit

Keep drinking.
Yeah, you could do that too and then bitch saying you are the "99%" or whatever.  Enjoy that.
Edit: Just saw your other post above and if you are a doc or nurse or something then my assumption of you working retail or something shitty was incorrect and I apologize (in that case, keep drinking).  Otherwise I stand by my statements.

Second edit:  Fuck I can't read today.  Good thing I am supposed to have attention to detail at my job.

Happy Thanksgiving

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Here until 15:30, then I'm headed to the inlaws for grub.    Hang in there OP.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I feel your pain, bro.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#22]
6:00 AM to 4:00 PM for me today

Sometimes I like working holidays as it makes me remember that people appreciate that I do. It is a really nice surprise when people bring you dinner

And, it makes me appreciate the time with my family that much more!  

Happy Thanksgiving
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm sure your shitty attitude toward your patients affects your ability and willingness to provide the best care.

I hope none of my loved ones ever have to encounter someone like you OP when they need healthcare.
View Quote

If the patients don't give a shit about their health, why should he?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah, you could do that too and then bitch saying you are the "99%" or whatever.  Enjoy that.

Edit: Just saw your other post above and if you are a doc or nurse or something then my assumption of you working retail or something shitty was incorrect and I apologize (in that case, keep drinking).  Otherwise I stand by my statements.

Second edit:  Fuck I can't read today.  Good thing I am supposed to have attention to detail at my job.

Happy Thanksgiving

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go to college   Graduate
Profit

Keep drinking.

Happy Thanksgiving

Hahaha. Have one for me. Porter preffered.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Go to college   Graduate
Profit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to college   Graduate
Profit

Um I think he is a doctor or nurse
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol, you don't know many doctors or other healthcare providers. Or the ones you do know don't feel comfortable enough with you to speak candidly about the stupid shit patients and their families do.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lol, you don't know many doctors or other healthcare providers. Or the ones you do know don't feel comfortable enough with you to speak candidly about the stupid shit patients and their families do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been doing this way too long to sugarcoat it. Told one family yesterday to talk over dessert today about what to do with their ailing family member, come to a family consensus based on what the patient would want, and make the decision. They are all hanging out together today anyway.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I love working Thanksgiving.
All these apartment dwelling liberal never-cooked-a-meal-in-their-life's figuring out the mechanics of cooking a turkey is a good source of entertainment.
By 0900 tomorrow, I guarantee that I'll have responded to at least eight cooking fires, one choking and two stabbings.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh. I work every Thanksgiving. Away from family for the day and go home to eat. Everyone is passed out, gone or not in a condition to talk / bitch. There is only hell to pay from me if someone eats all the stuffing.

I'm lookin at you uncle Fred!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

All these apartment dwelling liberal never-cooked-a-meal-in-their-life's figuring out the mechanics of cooking a turkey is a good source of entertainment.

By 0900 tomorrow, I guarantee that I'll have responded to at least eight cooking fires, one choking and two stabbings.
View Quote

Thanksgiving and Christmas are always good for some dynamic domestic problems. You never know

just when or where they will jump off. Blood is thicker than water. At least when it is pooled on the floor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Because I doubt he showed to work today for free.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#32]
On the holidays we would go to the in-laws I would try to work so I don't have to deal with stupid drama.

Then we made the decision to not go anywhere on holidays and life has been much more drama free
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#33]
AH,  RT here too. I feel your pain
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

6:00 AM to 4:00 PM for me today

Sometimes I like working holidays as it makes me remember that people appreciate that I do. It is a really nice surprise when people bring you dinner

And, it makes me appreciate the time with my family that much more!  
Happy Thanksgiving
View Quote
4:00 p.m. to 2:00 A.M., and overnighted yesterday into today as well. It started off kinda shitty, I won't lie, but then when we all took lunch, my British coworker made us all say what we were thankful for, and then she told us she was thankful that she would be an American citizen next year, and then she'd buy a gun, and that she loves guns and America! I think I can tolerate tonight after hearing that.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I am excited to be working instead of having to spend time with my fiancées family
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#37]
im so happy i got out of retail 2 years ago. no more of this bs you have to work or else crap. i know how it is so just hang in there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't quite understand what you said, but screw you.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I had to work but it sounds like my shift wasn't nearly as interesting as yours.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fun Times!!!
Report back later with the lutz...
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I had to work but it sounds like my shift wasn't nearly as interesting as yours.
View Quote

Most interesting part was an ETT getting stuck on a wire mesh tracheal stent. Off to the OR, Jeeves!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Ha I get to work nights. So I get to eat a early dinner with the family then go make holiday pay. Best of both worlds
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I charge by the hour and reserve the right to walk of the job at anytime.  The more difficult the customer wants to be, the more I get paid (2.5x so on holidays).  Furthermore (and I don't give a fuck how much you are paying me) there is only so much crap I will take before you will be told to find someone else to shit on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm working today also.  I'll keep bringing those patients to you
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

im so happy i got out of retail 2 years ago. no more of this bs you have to work or else crap. i know how it is so just hang in there.
View Quote
LOL

Lots more people work on holidays than retail.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trust me on this, I'd rather be at work ( on paid vacation right now ) than being with grumpy old people that complain all day.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Sorry to hear it.  I hope your day gets better.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#48]
At work now.  Working till 22:00.  Someone has to keep the lights on
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Move to a free state

Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#50]
0600 to 1830 today.

That's 12 hours of holiday pay that is going to buy my sweet little girls their first .22lr Rifle this Christmas. Thanksgiving is just another day..I am thankful for the opportunity to get extra $$ to buy my children something that will have a effect on them for the rest of their lives. I. for one, and grateful for the opportunity to work today.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top