Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2014 8:17:28 AM EDT
Keep in mind those who are less fortunate.

I always try to make at least a token donation to Toys for Tots. Link

One PSA: DO NOT get stuffed animals! Stuffed toys are OK for girls of most any age, and for boys up to 6 or 7, but they are the 'default' gift that many people give, and the distribution centers have lots of them left over at the end of the holidays, while many boys and young men go without.

I never have enough money to buy for all those I want to buy for... but I try to make some kid's Christmas a little happier. A basketball/football/soccer ball. A Nerf toy. Something about $15-$20 can make a big difference for a little kid.

Merry Christmas!

eta

Toys for Tots Location Finder

eta2 They accept cash, too!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#1]
A HUGE +1.

My wife and I are big believers in the Toys for Tots program.
I first started doing it many moons ago when I was active duty .mil. I think we've donated now for about 20 years.

She and I have a blast every year shopping for T4T, like being a kid again ourselves.

Good on you, OP for bring this up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top