Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 6:31:11 PM EDT
Hello,

A friend's father passed away, and she is looking to sell off some of his rifles.  She asked me for help, and I was able to identify most of them except this one.  I thought it was a Swiss K31, but the stock is different (maybe sporterized), but the serial number doesn't appear to be in the ranges that google searches are pulling up.  These are the only pics she was able to send me.  Doesn't look to be in pristine condition, what do you think she should ask for it?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Schmidt-Rubin Model 1911 Rifle.  It's been sporterized.  It is the full-size rifle, not the carbine, and not the earlier 1896/11 model.

Unmolested and complete, they're worth $350 in a private sale at best value.

The one you posted pics of is maybe a $100 rifle to someone who wants to cannibalize the bolt and receiver to build a custom 'safari rifle'.  I'm not that person though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Schmidt-Rubin Model 1911 Rifle.  It's been sporterized.  It is the full-size rifle, not the carbine, and not the earlier 1896/11 model.

Unmolested and complete, they're worth $350 in a private sale at best value.

The one you posted pics of is maybe a $100 rifle to someone who wants to cannibalize the bolt and receiver to build a custom 'safari rifle'.  I'm not that person though.
View Quote

roger, appreciate the info.

Thank you for your time,

shawn

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd start at 200 and see if it sells.  You can always come down.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Just for giggles look under the buttplate.  Some of the swiss guns had tags filled out with the soldiers name that the rifle was issued to.  Don't know offhand if they did them that early but the k31 I have has them.

Some have even apparently got ahold of the descendants of the person on the tags and found out some of the history on them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

relayed this to her, appreciate the help gentlemen.

Quoted:

Just for giggles look under the buttplate.  Some of the swiss guns had
tags filled out with the soldiers name that the rifle was issued to.  
Don't know offhand if they did them that early but the k31 I have has
them.

Some have even apparently got ahold of the descendants of the person on the tags and found out some of the history on them.

cool!  I ask her to check.  That would be pretty neat

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Check the chamber - many were converted to 30-30 and 30-40.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top