Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/26/2014 5:47:52 AM EDT
Didn't want to start another Fergbola thread, but what the hell...

So is there a take home message from Ferguson ?  

For me, it's don't fuck with cops.  I learned that at an early age seeing my loudmouthed/intoxicated friends confront Philly P.D. when we go to the city for concerts.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe that...and/or,  if you're going to assault one, be clear that you're not trying to disarm them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't rob stores
Don't get into fights, especially with people with guns
Don't attempt to charge said people after being shot
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#3]
In before the GD anti-cop mob.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:59:37 AM EDT
[#4]

The message?

The Popo can't / won't protect you in a crisis.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:02:51 AM EDT
[#5]
For me, it is that there is a soft bigotry of low expectations for blacks by liberals and progressives.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
So...if somebody is beating my ass with their fists through an open car window, can I shoot because I feel my life is in danger?  If somebody breaks into my house and has no weapon in hand, am I allowed to shoot to save my family?  Or, as a civilian, will I be prosecuted?  Not trying to stir up shit...no "colors" involved, just want to know when it is ok as a civilian to protect my self and my family.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:08:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So...if somebody is beating my ass with their fists through an open car window, can I shoot because I feel my life is in danger?  If somebody breaks into my house and has no weapon in hand, am I allowed to shoot to save my family?  Or, as a civilian, will I be prosecuted?  Not trying to stir up shit...no "colors" involved, just want to know when it is ok as a civilian to protect my self and my family.  
View Quote

How fast can you dig?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How fast can you dig?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fast can you dig?

should probably just have pre-dug hole.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
We need that Castle doctrine law in Iowa...no retreat, no surrender.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Had one in my county get away with it and was nearly that exact scenario.

Edit to say was the guy beating you through your car window.  

As far as in your home, depends, do you have castle doctrine or do you have a duty to retreat in your state?  We have castle doctrine here.  Considering my circumstances that would be a quick no bill here.  Fully marked patrol car in the driveway and total of 6 women in this household.   If someone is trying to come in here they have ill intent.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It all depends on the laws in your state. In Texas the bad guy would be called a target.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Duty to retreat and crawl up into the fetal position here...unfortunately.  I can't say what I would do in that scenario...but I know what I would do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Pray you don't have to defend yourself from a black attacker, you will be crucified in the press and your life is basically over.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:31:51 AM EDT
[#14]
... one message being, whites will be more inclined to discourage blacks moving into their neighborhoods due to them solidifying the notion of their stereotypical ghetto behavior
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
One of the perks about living in a small community.  Like minded individuals where every neighbor knows each other and watch out for one another.  Oh...and not many people live here.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't expect the cops to keep the Barbarian Horde from torching your business. Even if they say they will, they may not.

The best person to protect your business is you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Trying to disarm a cop will rightly get you deaded.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Act like a human and not a wild animal, and you won't be put down like one?

Seems way too simple for most to understand.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#19]
What do I take away?

The schlock media has not changed or evolved.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't try to take the officer's gun or you might get shot.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Trying to disarm any determined individual in the same situation would probably achieve the same end result as well.  Just curious how a court would rule given the same circumstances between a civilian or leo.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Unarmed teenager sounds much different than 6-4 300 lb hulk.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It all depends on the laws in your state. In Texas the bad guy would be called a target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laws?  You break into my house and we want to discuss laws?  At that point, I am the law, judge, and the jury.

There is 1 old saying and 1 new saying in this situation...
1.  Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
2.  Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

I hope and pray I am NEVER in that situation where I have to make that choice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#25]
The race/culture divide in America is a wide chasm, and there is no common ground between the sides. Neither side is willing to budge. There is no dialogue when there is no mutual agreement. It will not end, not in our lifetimes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In before the GD anti-cop mob.
View Quote

I am not anti-cop.  A lot of cops are good people that work hard in a job that really exposes them to the shittiest part of our society.  There are of course bad apples.  I am for a cop doing their job with restraint and if they need use force it be within the execution of their duties & within the constitution.  I am against JBTs and using a sledge drive a pin.  The swat team does not need no-knock warrants for code violations.  Like many other aspects of what is wrong with this country, a heavy dose of common sense could avoid a lot of the drama and save a great deal of lives and money for that matter.  But alas, common sense is not so common.  Political correctness has no place in objective problem resolution.  And both the black and white community as a whole needs to get off their collective asses and work rather than play the race/victim card.  

I am going back to the basement to read my bible, clean my guns, and kiss my kids as they are going to inherit this shit storm.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on your state. Here, yes.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:32:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Laws?  You break into my house and we want to discuss laws?  At that point, I am the law, judge, and the jury.

The sheriff told us it would be better to eliminate the hazard than to leave it wounded....no judging then, I guess
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sheriff told us it would be better to eliminate the hazard than to leave it wounded....no judging then, I guess

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I learned that the words "Charging" and "Demon" were racist.

Thats my take away, LEARNING!
View Quote

Learning is racist. Check your cognitive privilege.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#31]
If you look white you had better let black males under 18 do anything they want to your person or your processions. It's racist to protect yourself because of slavery.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#32]
If a member of the protected class commits a crime against your person and/or property, let them continue since they're harmless and you're privileged. Anything less would be racist.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#33]
take home message is.

If there is public unrest and you got shit you care about you better look like this

otherwise your shit is going to look like this

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The message?

The Popo can't / won't protect you in a crisis.

View Quote

Ummm...kinda got that message back during the LA Riots.  That and if you have a business don't have it in da hood and be ready to protect it yourself.

Probably the most specific message from the Fergistan riots is snatch up every out-of-town motherfucker you can get your mitts on and "encourage" them to be elsewhere.  Anyone see the movie "LA Confidential" where the cops talk to East Coast mobsters?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#35]
If a member of any "class" would come at me in a threatening manner, I would act accordingly.  Question is, how would I be judged as a civilian in a court of law given the same circumstances?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Move your family to a safe area with plenty of buffer from bad areas.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Criminals will be eulogized into saints and become movement causes for a certain identity group.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#38]
We all make choices in life. Some will be good and some will be bad. However, if you consistently make more bad choices than good ones, you will likely live a short and miserable life. Hopefully you will be removed from it before you fuck up too many other people in the process.

Did Mike Brown "deserve" to die? No but he is dead and HIS CHOICES in life are what brought him to that moment on that day putting a violent end to his miserable life.

ANYTIME, ANYBODY is killed by law enforcement their NEEDS to be a complete, thorough and transparent investigation by an objective third party. If it was a bad shoot then individual people need to be held personally responsible. Every critical examination of this case (even by those hostile to the defense) has concluded that Officer Wilson probably shot Mr. Brown in self-defense. What the "Black Community" wants is a lynching. They don't need any "facts" because they are demanding "social justice".
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

For me, it's don't fuck with cops.  I learned that at an early age seeing my loudmouthed/intoxicated friends confront Philly P.D. when we go to the city for concerts.  

View Quote

For me it's this:

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#41]
- Empty 40 ouncers

- Full 5 gallon can of gas

- Lighters / matches

Profit??

ETA: You are responsible for your own protection.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I learned there really was a reason for the name Turd Ferguson.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Dinndo President now
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I learned that apparently if a criminal is shot by police, people of the same race will want to "burn this bitch down" as stated by Michael Brown's step-father ruining the community they live in.  
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So...if somebody is beating my ass with their fists through an open car window, can I shoot because I feel my life is in danger?  In FL, probably.  Sounds like the unlawful entry of an occupied vehicleIf somebody breaks into my house and has no weapon in hand, am I allowed to shoot to save my family? In FL, probably. Or, as a civilian, will I be prosecuted?  Not trying to stir up shit...no "colors" involved, just want to know when it is ok as a civilian to protect my self and my family.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#46]
If the time ever comes when I might have to defend myself or my family, I hope the assailant is not a black teenager.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Black Privledge" mean you get to riot with all that entails
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Yep, already said but 12>6....
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#49]

Take home message from Ferguson:

Dont open a business in the ghetto (but most y'all probably already knew that)
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#50]

I learned a lot about things and where we're headed as a country, that's what the Ferg has taught me.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top