Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2014 6:47:09 PM EDT
Context:

I have a good friend of the family whose 1 year old daughter suffers from uncontrollable seizures. She had 12 in one day this week.

They live in a state in which medical marijuana is not legal. They are trying to get help from their representatives to make allowances for such treatments, as well as other routes.

Please understand that there is no way to get high from this treatment. The CBD is all they are after.

Why is it so hard for people / politicians to move on this topic? I get emotional thinking about my own kids and what I would do to help them.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
can they not go to a state where it is legal for treatment? or is it something she will have to take the rest of her life?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes  a person needs to move TO a free state.

There are many people that have picked up and left totalitarian police states to raise  families in peace.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My 6 yr old daughter has several seizures a day because of a head injury
On several medications but still has them
Just had to stop the depacoat (sp?) because she simply refused to eat or drink and the vomiting was horrible

Seriously considering "alternative" treatments now

eta- and no, KY is not all that "free"  either

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sometimes  a person needs to move TO a free state..
There are many people that have picked up and left totalitarian police states to raise  families in peace.
View Quote

It is funny how Colorado in one context could be considered a free state, and in another, not.

It is something that would have to be taken every day. Bringing it over state lines would be a felony drug trafficking charge (as I understand it)
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Schedule 1

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

The only acceptable methods for "feeling good" are organized religion and hard work
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Blame the assholes who misuse Pain meds etc.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Blame the .gov. They are soley responsible for the War on Drugs.

Too much money and power in it for them to stop at this point, though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#8]
If it bothers you that it's illegal, it will certainly be quicker to move than to change the law.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it bothers you that it's illegal, it will certainly be quicker to move than to change the law.
View Quote

You do what you have to do. Legal or not.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I won't support smoking weed for getting high but not using it for real medical reasons is insanity

and where did codeine come from?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Schedule 1

The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

The only acceptable methods for "feeling good" are organized religion and hard work
View Quote

And booze.  

And narcotics from approved sources.

Like any other organized crime syndicate, the feds want to control the trade of intoxicants., guns, and pussy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

..This is the reason. What in the world would you do with all those DEA agents and all the spin-off federal and local jobs that are created by the war on drugs?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What in the world would you do with all those DEA agents and all the spin-off federal and local jobs that are created by the war on drugs?

View Quote

Reassign them to the war on Pubic Hair?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

very true
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Because of the nanny staters that reside all over our once great country. No Satans Spinach for you! Seriously, that's why. Weed is bad, all other things are good. At least that's what they teach at the D.A.R.E. classes around here, weed, tobacco and alcohol is bad, no mention of anything else.

Basically, people suck and get to tell you what you can or cannot put in YOUR body.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Schedule 1

View Quote

Everything should be schedule one then, anything can be abused, look at all of the fat asses in your AO for instance.

Too much of ANYTHING that is good or bad for you is bad, mmmkay?

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

LoL, no I'll lay the blame where it belongs, in the hands of people who want their cocktail but others may not partake whatever their "cocktail" is.

That right there is a mighty big pile of bullshit that you're spewing. It's not because of people abusing pain killers, it's because of the war on personal freedom.

Fuck this worthless war on personal freedom. Stop wasting my tax money on bullshit.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Friends of mine trying to get cannabis base drug legalized for the condition their daughter has ...

sad situation
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Thinking we now have what 10...20...25? states with some medical use for this. Would that in and not of its self qualify for accepted medical use no matter how the money spent on war on drugs is divided up amongst politicians buddies? That in itself should kick it out of Schedule one states do Have rights as well and accepted use is accepted use be it one state or 50. After all did not the Supreme Court rule that Oregon could have accepted medical use of suicide no matter what the other 49 said........Might be first post
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Because many people still think that weed is the boogey man, and because of that, they think that anything made out of weed is the boogey man.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:18:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Because big pharma did not think of it, .gov is scared of it etc.

J-
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Where does your friend live?

Unjust laws are not laws at all.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Because pot needles
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:35:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Because big pharma did not think of it, .gov is scared of it etc.

J-
View Quote
You might be surprised the investments big pharma have in start ups, researching and developing cannabis based medicines, with no THC content.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:38:21 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

I prefer to blame the assholes who use the government to enforce their delicate sensibilities on the rest of the nation.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:40:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I moved 7 times for a lousy job.   5 times, with family in tow.

Moving to a free weed state is nothing, if it would really help your kids.       i would walk into a fire for my kids.

Moving is nothing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 2:52:50 AM EDT
[#27]
you can buy CBD oil from Amazon. Hemp oil is not restricted.

Click
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:04:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Schedule 1

View Quote

One of the stupidest things the .gov has ever done was listing Pot as a Schedule 1...

I've known many people who have been able to use Pot to help them through difficult medical problems. People who think it has no medical value are so indoctrinated that they can't fathom how it can be used to treat many serious medical problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top