Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2014 2:01:16 PM EDT
I read this is good for joint health and my hands are killing me from overuse. I take glucosamine supplement for old football injuries, but this stuff is sounding better.

Anyone using it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Just go see a chiropractor.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
C'mon guys. I'm about to travel to the far off and dangerous land of Walmartadishu in search of this stuff. Fo or no fo?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I take it for knee pain, works for me better than anything else.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just go see a chiropractor.
View Quote

I've spent a lot of time and money on chiro appointments over the past few years.  Did it help?  Yes.  Did it fully solve the problem?  No.   (Actually nothing will, my back is permanently screwed up).  

My chiro did help me find a way out of near constant pain though.  After about 20 appointments he told me about curcumin, which I take to this day.  It's a natural anti-inflammatory.  For me it works better than Advil.  I went from having back pain 75% of the time to 5% of the time.  Is that what did it?  I don't know.  I really didn't change anything else.  Maybe I'll be screwed tomorrow (usually how it works when I talk about it).  

I also like to avoid the far off and perilous journey to Walmartadishu.  
Curcumin

ETA:  I also take it with this:  Coq10   Apparently the BioPerine (black pepper extract) helps improve absorption of curcumin quite dramatically.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried it.  Didn't do anything and for the price was not worth it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I was taking 800 mg a day for 3 months, I did help a little with my arthritis,

but it also gave me bad headaches so I tried cutting the dosage in half still got the headaches so

I stopped taking it completely and the head aches disappeared.

To me the side affects out weighed the small benefits.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top