Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/25/2014 12:47:17 AM EDT
An Idaho transgender woman who died suddenly of a brain aneurysm was laid to rest by her estranged family in a way friends are calling the “ultimate insult”: as a man.
View Quote

ARTICLE

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Guilty
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Good.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:49:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guilty
View Quote

Ouch!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]
First World problems...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
So it was actually a tranny man who wanted to be a woman?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
My neighbor puts a sweater on her dog.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:07:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So it was actually a tranny man who wanted to be a woman?
View Quote
Never can tell anymore.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Should have cremated. No gender identifiers with that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:05 AM EDT
[#10]
87 % of GD would go home with that. Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:09:41 AM EDT
[#12]
No slutty pirate dress?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Mourning is for the living. The deceased is beyond caring, and I believe she (he, whatever) is in a much better place and probably does not give a crap.

Of course her friends are going to be upset, but they aren't paying for the funeral. The family, who probably don't remember her that well as a woman, did the best they could do, with something they didn't understand and didn't accept. They didn't prepare the funeral for her (his, whatever) friends, but for themselves. They can't win for losing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No slutty pirate dress?
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, they're correct:  He has a Y chromosome, therefore he is a man.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.  Gender defines sex.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

So it's a human now since changing clothing identifies what you are.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:53:54 AM EDT
[#18]
They should have pissed on him and buried him upside down.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It should be backwards if you're trying to agree with what Garand is saying.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:58:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always, there is such things as XY females.

Gabrielle Jervis:I am a laboratory based genetic counselor at a children's hospital. My responsibilities include coordination of complex molecular testing and research assistant for the molecular cytogenomics lab.  This is a very good question. Hermaphrodite is a person who has both ovaries and testes and the chromosomes are usually 46,XX. Ture hermaphrodites are rare. Sex determination is a complex cascade of events with only the initial switch for selecting the male differentiation pathway being on the Y chromosome. Many other genes are involved and likely reside on autosomes or the X chromosomeThere are all sorts of sex determination abnormalities, including 46,XX males (femae chromsoomes, but phenotypically male), 46,XY females (sort of the complement). Some of these likely arise, respectively, from translocation or deletion/mutation of the male determining gene on the Y (SRY locus). Thank you for your question.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, making your outie an innie doesnt make you a woman. You cant transition gender, your blood with always have the male or female genes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:01:57 AM EDT
[#22]
When you are dead does it really matter
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:11:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've always been of the opinion that funerals are for the living.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Should have just cremated it.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:49:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I'm saying. The family planned the funeral and they undoubtedly chose the kind of service that made THEM comfortable. Because they were the ones paying for the funeral.

If they had done the whole transgendered thing to appease the friends of this person (guy? girl?) then THEY (the family) would have been miserable. They obviously were grieving and the funeral was for them.

If the deceased person's friends want to hold their own special transgendered service, they should do that, to give themselves comfort.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, making your outie an innie doesnt make you a woman. You cant transition gender, your blood with always have the male or female genes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But you can still wear a dress and paint your nails and ask folks to treat you like the woman you feel you are. No skin off my nose to call a big, homely, former dude "she".

What's the big deal? It's like a dude whose parents named him Leslie asking to be called Robert. Sure, Bob, whatever. No?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:58:05 AM EDT
[#27]
For a moment, I thought the photo of the author was the photo of the tranny

They are both guilty.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
An Idaho transgender woman who died suddenly of a brain aneurysm was laid to rest by her estranged family in a way friends are calling the “ultimate insult”: as a man.
View Quote

ARTICLE

View Quote

It's no different than a normal woman with trailer family who bury her in a tube top with blue eye shadow. Whether they're saying "fuck who you thought you were" or "this is how we try to make you look nice", the bottom line is that your biological family gets to do what it wants to your corpse and your friends are SOL. That's how funerals are. Get used to it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:02:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But you can still wear a dress and paint your nails and ask folks to treat you like the woman you feel you are. No skin off my nose to call a big, homely, former dude "she".

What's the big deal? It's like a dude whose parents named him Leslie asking to be called Robert. Sure, Bob, whatever. No?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was named Geoffrey....what the hell did the parents expect?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:07:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

ARTICLE

View Quote

People are afraid of, and hate, the truth.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:08:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Jesus fucking Christ.

Even I have limits. Some of you need to find a unicorn or jesus... I don't care which

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Although I don't agree with the practice of the deceased - I find this to be disrespectful on the part of the family.  They should have respected the wishes of the individual.  If they so identified as such during life - passionate enough about it that they altered their appearance and changed their life style - then they should have been honored in death in the same fashion.

A friend of mine died this past Summer - his mother buried him in his baseball cap and Metallica T-shirt.  She didn't put him in a suit, because that wasn't who he was.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm confused - were they supposed to cut his cock off & bury him without it or something?
What were they supposed to do with it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Well......Bye.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Nobody loves you like family!
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Dave Ramsey should do an ad trying to scare the trannies into estate planning.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:26:41 AM EDT
[#38]
what did the death certificate have/list as gender?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have T shirts and winter parkas for my dogs
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:00:35 AM EDT
[#41]
LOL. That is a great final F you to her him.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:33:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Should have buried him as a potato.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nailed it.  Absolutely correct.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#44]
When a person suffers from a mental illness, your bury them as they would have been without the illness.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's a bit old for me,  but I would have considered a one night stand.  (I prefer girls in the early-mid 20's).

Very often, transsexuals become estranged from their family because the family doesn't accept the idea of change.  Two very good friends of mine are trans,  one of which has had a long slow acceptance with her family, but they are finally at the point of understanding that if they love their kid, they will accept her for what she is.  Her siblings all seem to have no problem with it.  My other friend,  much slower process.  Her siblings finally accepted transition.  The hard part is the name...  She chose something that didn't sound remotely similar to her birth name.  She finally started talking to her father again after five years,  but that's still kind of rough.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#46]
If this was a legitimate concern the deceased should have made their own arrangements prior to death.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When a person suffers from a mental illness, your bury them as they would have been without the illness.

View Quote

You do? Why? My family thinks my hoplophilia is a mental illness and that I vote republican because I'm nuts. Should they bury me barefoot an reeking of patchouli and play hippie music while a guru delivers a fucked up eulogy about how deep down I really do love trees and shit?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If this was a legitimate concern the deceased should have made their own arrangements prior to death.
View Quote

Most people aren't prepared to pass away from a brain aneurysm in their early 30's.  Hell,  I just turned 30 and while I have life insurance, I certainly don't have instructions for where and how I want to get put away.  I was just kind of hoping somebody in my family wasn't retarded and put together the pieces.  I mean,  I do already own the hearse...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:37:34 AM EDT
[#49]
DNA trumps brain damage.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fine. I want you to refer to me as Colonel Goblin, King of the Prickleberries.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top