Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2001 11:59:47 AM EDT
1. Realize the YOUR "world" consists of you and the people you come into regular contact with. Concentrate your efforts here and forget about taking France.

2. In your relationship(your primary world), one of you is GOING to be in control. Might as well be YOU. (NOTE: If you have been married more than 2 years and she's in control, the war is over - YOU lost.) If your relationship is NEW just start making the decisions. The other party WILL adjust, men have for years(ie. "Yes Dear" & "Right Away Dear"). Note this does NOT mean treat the girls you love like shit. You should actually treat her better than ANYONE else in YOUR world. She is the closest to you and will ultimately be the most important person in your life if not already.

3. Evaluate "everyone" you know and decide who is important. Far too many people we don't even like complicate our lives. Deal only with people who enhance your existence. Everyone else can wait in line till they figure it out.

4. Set your family straight. They are family, but many of us are related to people who only complicate our lives. Put them on notice.

5. Realize your HOME is yours. Everyones sole purpose should be to not disturb the harmony of your home. NO one is allowed to screw with you or your girl(it is her home too) in your HOME. Practice showing people the door for even minor offences. Do this with troublesome relatives during holidays. No need to be mean, but there is also no need to put up with it.

6. In areas where you are not in FULL control(ie. at work) just conduct yourself as the situation requires. Decide what is important and what you will accept and weight that against what HAS to be done.

There are more, but I didn't want to hog it. Critter, I know you got some. Anyone else got something to add, go ahead. This is for the benefit of everyone who is wondering "What happened to my life and when did I lose control?"

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
There's not much to add to that. Well said!

I agree that treating your women extremely well is a good thing. I like to pamper mine almost to death, not from a position of weakness, but from one of strength. I want her to know, in no uncertain terms, who it is that I am in love with, but I also want her to know that I am the man. All important decisions go through me.

I do things like rub her back, rub her feet, cook a nice meal for her, open doors for her, help with domestic chores, and make sure she enjoys countless orgasms, not because I'm a wuss, but rather, because I want her to want to be willing to do anything in the world to please me. I want her to become addicted to my touch, so that there will be no place on earth that she won't follow me in order to keep it for herself.

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#2]
your the boss AUG!.[;)].Now how much do you make on this second job?... good bennies?..tehe[:D]...seriously good post dear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
sounds like your having trouble with your family about your lady. hope your not saying all this to make yourself think your still in control, because your really not. but please say it ain't so. please reassure us you still wear the pants

but wait whats that queen music i hear in the background
"another bites the dust hey. another bites the dust hey heeeeeyyyyy."
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer to gather strategic insights to rule the world from Pinky and The Brain.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
hrrrmmmmmmm, i will have to try that "show people the door" thing the next time my uncle runs his goddamn mouth at christmas. once he said how the only reason the m16 beat the ak47 for the goverment contract is a family consection to the maker of the m-16(he didnt know the name,,,,,duh). he went on to say the ak was more reliable and far more accurate and way more powerfull in velocity, energy, and penetration. he compaired its penetration to his 30/06 remington, infact, i think he said it was better. he said the m16s round couldnt kill even medium sized anamials like 90lb arkansas swamp deer. i told him i know of many guys who use it for just that purpose and he just said, "well, they use special bullets" like the green tips arnt special.

i know i dont even have to begin to point out whats wrong with the above, hell this deservs its own thread.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#6]
here's the perfect finale to your post SteyrAUG, which I must say is absolutely correct...

7.)  The ultimate goal in life is happiness.  If you must go so far as to say, when you get older, that your life's worth has only been the sum of its many parts, then make sure you maximize the number of parts that HAVE, DO, and WILL make you happy.  Whether it be a wonderful relationship with your husband/wife, exploring your faith and becoming one with your (respective) God, staying healthy, loving, protecting and rearing your children, forming bonds with friends and family, or giving 50% of your income to the Hannah Home every year, IT DOESN'T MATTER.

You may have a particular purpose on this earth (such as our friend's Steyr's is to, I'm sure, one day form his house into a giant armory when Ragnarok and Armageddon come, so that he and his friends may fight evil with extreme prejudice until he runs out of ammo).  You may be a believer and subject of fate and destiny.  You may find that your position in the world is to become a missionary, live-saving surgeon, world-renowned scientist, or a member of a space colony expedition.  Whether it is your intent to make a difference in other people's life or not, the conclusion is that your actions, decisions, and relations to others should be an immediate result of how happy you think they will make you.

I learned this from my grandfather years ago, he is an avid Baptist churchgoer and choir director.  He is one of the most loving, caring, thoughtful, and pure people I know of.  He has been using this rationale for years, and it has impacted him in many ways.  For him, doing responsible and helpful things for others, introducing others to the faith of Jesus, and improving his own moral habits are what make him an honest-to-God HAPPY PERSON.  This might just be the one single best thing I have ever learned in my life, and if it makes any sense to you, I hope it changes the way you think about yourself, your loved ones, and the world in general.

Jew~
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought you guys would have more fun with this post. Well let me just say, I couldn't be happier. My life is "in order" and I love it. I am going to marry on the the coolest girls on the planet and she loves me. Contrary to popular assumption in no way do I treat her bad. She is my Queen, but I am the King. No troubles with family or friends, that is cool too.
For perspective, my life USED to be stir fried shit. I didn't know what was going on and had nothing under control. And it wasn't from lack of trying. A couple "cool" people helped me out and got my head on straight. And the above is a large part of how I did it. I just wanted to pass it on to the next guy who could use it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#8]
This is a cool post.  Learned #1 early.  My friends used to laugh at me because a guy who was OK but I didn't have time for kept calling me to hang out and I flat out told him the truth.  Became known as friend editing.  Hasn't been necessary lately cause wife house and dog take up most of my time so I only rarely see friends anyhow.

#2- She's the boss.  Lost that one early but thats OK cause I still get to do what I want for the most part.  She also earns about 75% of the income so it is kinda hard to tell her what to do with it.  We are partners and try to make each other happy so conflicts are few and far between.

#3&4- Been trying to teach the wife those for a long time.

#5&6- Done.

7- Don't freekin stress so much.  You have two options in life.  Do something or don't do something. Pick one and go with it.  Everything else works itself out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top