Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 7:00:52 PM EDT
My buddy is on a flight out of AK and happened to see Joe Rogan on his flight and got a picture of him.

Couldn't help but notice he was wearing a Vortex hat and the story is he was just out hunting deer on Prince of Wales Island.

I know GD likes them some Joe Rogan, but I don't remember ever hearing much about him being into firearms in those threads.

Apparently we share more than just a hatred of Carlos(Ned)Mencia.

Is Joe a secret lurker?

Ya I know CSB.

I would post the pic but its just Joe Rogan wearing a Vortex hat on a plane lol.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a hunter and gun owner.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

He talks all the time about wanting to live completely off the land. Hunting his own food, and keeping up a garden.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
possibly an inky and or doper
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. He's been on meateater a couple of episodes.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He talks all the time about wanting to live completely off the land. Hunting his own food, and keeping up a garden.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not know this.

Another common interest.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Powerful Joe Rogan.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty sure this was for an episode of meat eater.

He was supposedly with Steve Rinella so I am guessing it was for the show.

First time I have heard of the show as well.

WTF GD?!
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure if he's the "Guns only for me" type of celeb, or actually pro-gun, but Google says he likes to shoot.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Check out his podcast. Over the past couple of years or so he has gotten into hunting big time. Guns and archery. Listening to him makes me wish I made a ton of money with a lot of free time to travel the continent hunting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

WTF GD?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF GD?!
It's on right now.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out his podcast. Over the past couple of years or so he has gotten into hunting big time. Guns and archery. Listening to him makes me wish I made a ton of money with a lot of free time to travel the continent hunting.
View Quote

Yup, he's done a lot of podcasts lately with big name hunters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've listened to his Steven Rinella interviews (they are great btw, love meat eater). Any other good hunting themed ones you recommend?

I am not a huge hunter, but I really do like both Steven and Joe's approach/ thought process.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Isn't he buddies with Alex Jones?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Joe is hilarious.
Despite his anti religious bent, I'd love to hang out with the guy. I bet he can keep you laughing for hours.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aimless would ban him fosho
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Isn't he buddies with Alex Jones?
View Quote

From what I can tell, he likes him on a personal level but thinks his ideas are retarded.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My buddy is on a flight out of AK and happened to see Joe Rogan on his flight and got a picture of him.

Couldn't help but notice he was wearing a Vortex hat and the story is he was just out hunting deer on Prince of Wales Island.

I know GD likes them some Joe Rogan, but I don't remember ever hearing much about him being into firearms in those threads.

Apparently we share more than just a hatred of Carlos(Ned)Mencia.

Is Joe a secret lurker?

Ya I know CSB.

I would post the pic but its just Joe Rogan wearing a Vortex hat on a plane lol.
View Quote

Joe has posted for years on another site I'm on and yes he has gotten heavily into hunting within the last three years. He's also quite the prepper.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I tried listening to his podcast once and it was pretty hard to listen to.  The whole time he just alternated between talking about the conspiracy against weed/why it should be legal, conspiracy theories and psychedelics.

If not for Joe trying to sell health supplements like alpha brain every 10 mins, it pretty much sounded like a conversation between two stoners at a high school party.  "Did you know weed is illegal cause it will cure everything and big pharma pays off politicians to keep it illegal...plus it can make like...rope and stuff"
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've listened to his Steven Rinella interviews (they are great btw, love meat eater). Any other good hunting themed ones you recommend?

I am not a huge hunter, but I really do like both Steven and Joe's approach/ thought process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't listened to every one, but all the hunting related ones have been good, I don't have my phone handy so I can't remember the other names off the top of my head.  I don't generally listen to his guests that are comedy related.  But his podcasts with either hunting or MMA related guests have all been fantastic.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
He's also pretty outspoken about smoking weed and doing shrooms.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#21]
He's posted on mma.tv for years, pretty pro-2A it seems.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you think he truthfully answers the questions on the 4473?  

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Does it make him funnier?
Who care about what a famous person likes or dislikes? GDs infatuation with celebs makes me wonder if they stand inline at the grocery store reading people.
Only clebs I care about are in the fappening
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
Personal freedom, how does it work?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
He likes freedom.  Thats a great quality in a person, in my opinion.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Holy shit, OMG!!!

Yes, the guy smokes marijuana. Big hairy deal, man.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does it make him funnier?
Who care about what a famous person likes or dislikes? GDs infatuation with celebs makes me wonder if they stand inline at the grocery store reading people.
Only clebs I care about are in the fappening
View Quote

very true

i only found him slightly  amusing a very few times,
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:45:31 PM EDT
[#28]
When anthony Cumia had that issue with a lady in NYC Joe brought up the fact that Cumia was CCWing. He said this incident added to the evidence that CCW for law abiding people probably isn't a bad thing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#29]
His friend Justin (I forget his last name) who he had a two part podcast a while back is the biggest gun nut he's ever had on his show. That guy has to be a member here for sure, dude lives in Nevada and is big into pool too, I just can't remember his last name.  His podcast is good if you can get into them, depends on the subject. I don't like MMA enough to sit through 2-3+ hours of talk about it, but I can when he's talking about comedy, hunting, and occasionally the conspiracy theory and drug stuff.

Im not sure of Joe's over all stance on the 2A but he'd definitely be the easiest celebrity convert to full bore support of gun rights of anyone I can think of.

Quoted:
View Quote

Most definitely and inkie and advocates psychedelic drug use quite a bit. He'd sure be marginalized on this site for a lot of his stances.

edit: His friend is Justin Collett. Rogan podcast Episode #403. Bunch of stuff about guns, NFA, CCW, 2A stuff. It's a two parter long as a Mofo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Good for him.

He also own a sensory deprivation chamber that he gets into when he's on shrooms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top