Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2014 5:05:17 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

Looking to move into a raven phantom holster. Wondering what the best combo of clips etc is. I think I'll go with the g19 holster but i want the ability to wear inside or outside the waistband. What's the best clip combo etc...
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a dedicated IWB holster and a dedicated OWB holster. I like that better than trying some combo OWB/IWB deal.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a dedicated IWB holster and a dedicated OWB holster. I like that better than trying some combo OWB/IWB deal.
View Quote

I carry in an mtac but would like to try all kydex, that will stay primary ITWB with the price of the extra clips pretty minimal I just want that option to try all kydex in the waistband....

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Mine is strictly OWB so no feedback on clip suggestions but will give the brand an A+
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the DIY over hooks on my RCS holster after trying most all combo's.  The RCS pancakes are second best.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The word you're looking for is "teach".

I use Ravens both in OWB form for IDPA, and IWB form for CCW.  I found the normal OWB loops to be too small to work with the belts I use.  The pancake wings worked a lot better.  Unless you want to tuck your shirt, there's no reason to use anything other than the normal soft loops for IWB.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Raven is way overpriced. there are cheaper options out there if you look.

Course i make my own so i only have about $5 in a holster

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
LOCKTITE LOCKTITE LOCKTITE

Otherwise one day you will find your holster on the ground because the screws backed out.  They are not setup with locktite from the factory so you gotta adjust it and do it yourself.  I was wearing it for work when i got home and a bottom screw and fastener had worked its way out and disappeared, I had to order new ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top