Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 2:19:54 PM EDT
Seems for the last week or so on my ipad mini ios6 I can't open any YouTube videos posted in threads. I just tape on the red start button and nothing occurs. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any solutions? Please help.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Start drinking heavily.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Start drinking heavily.

View Quote

That doesn't work, unfortunately.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It's that stupid ass ioS 8.  My ipad 2 and my wifes ipad 3 have been buggy as hell since we updated to it.  I have to click on things several times before it registers that I clicked, imbeded vids won't play, pages with too many pop-ups lag it down so bad that it takes 3 or 4 minutes before I can shut the window and the keyboard is even more laggy.

Before the update they both ran perfectly, except the keyboard lag which has just gotten worse.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's that stupid ass ioS 8.  My ipad 2 and my wifes ipad 3 have been buggy as hell since we updated to it.  I have to click on things several times before it registers that I clicked, imbeded vids won't play, pages with too many pop-ups lag it down so bad that it takes 3 or 4 minutes before I can shut the window and the keyboard is even more laggy.

Before the update they both ran perfectly, except the keyboard lag which has just gotten worse.
View Quote
I never updated for fear of this.. Still using ios6... Shrug

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Update your flash or if that does not work downgrade to a past version.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Update your flash or if that does not work downgrade to a past version.
View Quote
iPads don't use flash, I don't think...

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Been having the same problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually you are correct. I forgot about that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Been having the same problem.
View Quote
It's making my whole ipad experience downgrade from a 7 to a 3.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine has been doing the same thing, sometimes. Some work and some don't. Also some have worked after trying to open them a couple of times?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Mine has been doing the same thing, sometimes. Some work and some don't. Also some have worked after trying to open them a couple of times?
View Quote
Yep, hit it several times and it finally works.. Sme don't at all... Beyond frustrating.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I am having the same issue with Firefox on my laptop. But, it is random.

No issues with IOS 8.0.2

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I am having the same on my Samsung S4 since updating to the latest android version last week. It's the same across all apps, sometimes I have to tap the video 87 times a second and it will play, sometimes it doesn't play at all.

Youtube change something maybe?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm having this problem as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Just installed chrome. Same problem. Hmmmm. Must be the newest youtube app update applied a couple weeks back it seems.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

YouTube stopped working properly about a week or so on my desktop running Firefox.  Have to refresh several times in order for it to stream.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No issues with IOS 8.0.2

http://i.imgur.com/wBYOZD8.png
View Quote
Ha! Same damn video I wanted to watch that prompted this post... Lol

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]
let me check my android...

nope, all is well

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Same problem on a Galaxy Tab S
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Happening on my iPad also. The only thing, is I did not upgrade to I OS 8.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Happening on my iPad also. The only thing, is I did not upgrade to I OS 8.
View Quote

Works on both iPad Air and iPhone 6 running 8.0.2

eta: YouTube embeds work on both Chrome and Safari on the above running 8.0.2
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

YouTube stopped working properly about a week or so on my desktop running Firefox.  Have to refresh several times in order for it to stream.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder if it is a Flash vs HTML5 issue? I will take a look later when I have time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
let me check my android...

nope, all is well

View Quote

Same here.

Wished I had the answer OP.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd hold off upgrading. It's seriously fucking up my ipad's performance.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, that's all I have read about, maybe it's time to start focusing on an upgrade to a newer ipad and system. Thing is this one worked well until all of these app updates came out for ios8 "compatibility". I'm not updating apps now if there is nothing wrong with them, but most of them have a bug or two... Seems like it only gets worse by updating thinking it will fix the current bugs.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Oh yeah, that's all I have read about, maybe it's time to start focusing on an upgrade to a newer ipad and system. Thing is this one worked well until all of these app updates came out for ios8 "compatibility". I'm not updating apps now if there is nothing wrong with them, but most of them have a bug or two... Seems like it only gets worse by updating thinking it will fix the current bugs.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it ain't the apps. it's the ios.

ETA - stopped by the apple store today. was told that to solve this problem, start by saving pictures, contacts, etc. and making a list of the apps installed (for ease of re-downloading them) Then, delete all apps, reset the ipad (Settings - General - Reset / Reset all settings). Specifically told me to "NOT" restore from a backup but instead re-download all apps manually from app store. Then go back in and re-do mail settings, etc. This *should* do it according to her words, and was told if it didn't, to make an appointment for them to take a look at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top