Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2014 6:58:56 AM EDT
Im sure everyone saw that hilarious video.

What did he mean when he said "Do I smell Condor?"

I know it is a line of tactical gear, but I don't own any of it... Is it crap and that's what he is saying?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not everyone, apparently.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Im sure everyone saw that hilarious video.

What did he mean when he said "Do I smell Condor?"

I know it is a line of tactical gear, but I don't own any of it... Is it crap and that's what he is saying?
View Quote

¿Que?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:15:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Meh, I am not sure what his background is....but the video he showed did indicate that those guys should not be training but get some training. I have no idea what that meant.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Me thinks there needs to be a video about people that refer to a video in their post but do not link to it, something like "Lack of Link Hattery".
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not everyone, apparently.
View Quote

This

and

What's up OP ?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Condor brand gear
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Fpni
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Only problem I hear about condor stuff is that it will not last through a war or something along those lines....
Who in the hell is going to fight a war as a civilian anyways? If the stuff carries my shit from point A to point B what is the issue?
If a war breaks out on U.S. soil I am not going into combat with no training or support so I am not worried about it as I plan to stay with and protect my family.
The Army can handle the combat as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

"I saw a pregnant lady take a frozen turkey leg in her asshole, and that wasn't nearly as fucked up as this is."

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Condor Outdoor is a producer of military and tactical gear that has earned a reputation of being "poser" gear due to its lower price points and manufacture overseas. Due to the price, it became especially popular among airsoft and 'milsim' communities, which further its 'poser' status among the gear queers. While very little of Condor gear actually fails from what I can tell, the quality control in the past had been spotty and very little actual engineering went into the product - the company seemed to merely copy other popular designs and then produce copies for much less.

Today, the company has evolved somewhat. A decent amount of their gear is now actually manufactured in the United States, and they are actively designing new products that are at least attempting to be innovative. I have a couple pieces of random Condor gear and all of it has performed as good as my top tier shit thus far. There's also been a LOT of Condor gear used in Afghanistan by now from what I understand, and most of the impressions have been positive.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Condor Outdoor is a producer of military and tactical gear that has earned a reputation of being "poser" gear due to its lower price points and manufacture overseas. Due to the price, it became especially popular among airsoft and 'milsim' communities, which further its 'poser' status among the gear queers. While very little of Condor gear actually fails from what I can tell, the quality control in the past had been spotty and very little actual engineering went into the product - the company seemed to merely copy other popular designs and then produce copies for much less.

Today, the company has evolved somewhat. A decent amount of their gear is now actually manufactured in the United States, and they are actively designing new products that are at least attempting to be innovative. I have a couple pieces of random Condor gear and all of it has performed as good as my top tier shit thus far. There's also been a LOT of Condor gear used in Afghanistan by now from what I understand, and most of the impressions have been positive.
View Quote

So as opposed to a poser that wears Crye and Arcy'ryerteredx?

Some posers are just clued-in to the Costa-style more than others.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand it either, but yes.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a condor "assault pack" that I use as a day pack when I go hunting. Been using it for years, it's held up great. But maybe I'm just not high speed enough to appreciate the difference.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a condor "assault pack" that I use as a day pack when I go hunting. Been using it for years, it's held up great. But maybe I'm just not high speed enough to appreciate the difference.
View Quote

The moment you step into a two way range and the situation dynamics go red that pack will fail.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:55:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Only problem I hear about condor stuff is that it will not last through a war or something along those lines....
Who in the hell is going to fight a war as a civilian anyways? If the stuff carries my shit from point A to point B what is the issue?
If a war breaks out on U.S. soil I am not going into combat with no training or support so I am not worried about it as I plan to stay with and protect my family.
View Quote

The only people who are OK with Condor are people like you, no offense. Anyone with experience in dealing with gear on a professional level would stay 1000 miles away from cheap gear and wouldn't even consider it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The only people who are OK with Condor are people like you, no offense. Anyone with experience in dealing with gear on a professional level would stay 1000 miles away from cheap gear and wouldn't even consider it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read several accounts from people claiming to be grunts online (suppose they could be making shit up though) that have claimed they used a piece of Condor gear here and there overseas and it held up fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

excellent explanation.

thank you Sir
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#19]
LOL That vid was hilarious, especially coming from a freak with ear hoops!

Condor shit is pretty good for some things and horrible for others.  You have to check it over carefully and be ready to replace certain things like buckles (ChiCom crap).
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Condor shit is pretty good for some things and horrible for others. You have to check it over carefully and be ready to replace certain things like buckles (ChiCom crap).
View Quote

This is pretty much the truth. Stuff I would recommend from them that I have used:

-Slings - I believe all their slings are now made in the USA. Condor Speedy Two-Point and Stryke sling are both decent options I have and continue to use.

-Soft Shell - I think the soft shell jacket is one of the better pieces of gear they make, at least for what I use it for, which is colder-weather range jacket and all-purpose jacket in a climate that's coldest temps get down to about 20 degrees a few weeks out of the year.

-Basic mag pouches and utility pouches - Nothing innovative but if you need some pouches at a decent price these are pretty bulletproof.

- Range bag - I don't personally need a lot of bells and whistles on my range bag, but the one I have from Condor has a pretty good amount of useful pockets and has held up well.

Stuff I would not recommend from them based on my experience with other products (haven't necessarily used all of these, so take it for what it's worth):

Plate carriers - I wouldn't say they're terrible, but for carrying something that is relatively heavy and is designed specifically to stop bullets, I'd spend the money on something with better QC procedures and better fitment.

Molle belts - Lot better designed padded belts out there, and I would not entirely trust stitching on molle loops under high stress to hold up over time.

Drop legs or leg rigs - Just not designed the right way in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#21]
I have this

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-161.aspx

Use it as a travel bag and  random shit toss is the car bag.  Seems alright to me. Might not hold up being dragged from behind through the brush....but  its not its designed intent either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This is pretty much the truth. Stuff I would recommend from them that I have used:

-Slings - I believe all their slings are now made in the USA. Condor Speedy Two-Point and Stryke sling are both decent options I have and continue to use.

-Soft Shell - I think the soft shell jacket is one of the better pieces of gear they make, at least for what I use it for, which is colder-weather range jacket and all-purpose jacket in a climate that's coldest temps get down to about 20 degrees a few weeks out of the year.

-Basic mag pouches and utility pouches - Nothing innovative but if you need some pouches at a decent price these are pretty bulletproof.

- Range bag - I don't personally need a lot of bells and whistles on my range bag, but the one I have from Condor has a pretty good amount of useful pockets and has held up well.

Stuff I would not recommend from them based on my experience with other products (haven't necessarily used all of these, so take it for what it's worth):

Plate carriers - I wouldn't say they're terrible, but for carrying something that is relatively heavy and is designed specifically to stop bullets, I'd spend the money on something with better QC procedures and better fitment.

Molle belts - Lot better designed padded belts out there, and I would not entirely trust stitching on molle loops under high stress to hold up over time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Condor shit is pretty good for some things and horrible for others. You have to check it over carefully and be ready to replace certain things like buckles (ChiCom crap).

You sir are trying to justify your purchases and emotional investment

If costa doesn't wear it, it's crap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top