Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 6:36:28 PM EDT
This was from my mom's stuff, she hit all the thrift shops and the like and consigned at a up scale consignment shop for extra cash.
This decoy has no sentimental value and was purchased for less than a 10 spot to be resold.

My buddy who I sold a ruger stainless p89 back after Obama was elected when things shut down work wise recently saw this decoy and wants it.
I sold the boxed p89 for 300 bucks and told him I would give him 200 bucks and the duck for my old gun - he was all about it, he fancys himself as a big duck hunter.
The ruger was my first gun I purchased as a young adult back during the Clinton administration - bought it used,paid too much since the hi cap mag guns were hard to get.
I wouldn't mind having the gun back for a downstairs leave out gun that if it gets stolen due to a break in I don't care too much bout it

I googled the name but didn't see anything about the maker - basically selling/trading the duck for a c note which seems more than fair since if I consigned it with the commision I might get 60 bucks assuming it sold for 100.

I'm not letting a famous maker decoy go cheap am I?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Put it on ebay at 100 and see if there are any bids?

If I had 100 extra bucks I would buy it for putting up on my shelf.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe R. Lincoln was related to Joe Lincoln?

I found some of the latter decoys online or $1000
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No way that is a Joe Lincoln is it? I can't quite make out what it says before and after Lincoln. If it's a Joe Lincoln you are sitting on a rather large chunk of cash.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I read the "R" as "A" as for the last word "muste"?
I can't make it out either
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way that is a Joe Lincoln is it? I can't quite make out what it says before and after Lincoln. If it's a Joe Lincoln you are sitting on a rather large chunk of cash.
View Quote

Wrong time frame I think, possibly his kid though?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:42:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I dont believe thats a real decoy,no keel,no place for anchor line. Probably a decorative item. May still have good value. Not awful old as decoys go.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I dont believe thats a real decoy,no keel,no place for anchor line. Probably a decorative item. May still have good value. Not awful old as decoys go.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I agree its a decorative duck and not a decoy - had my terminology quacked up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top