Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2014 6:32:07 PM EDT
Ok, everyone knows that walmart sucks, not a fact in dispute.  However, most of the blame for that can be conferred to the stereotypical walmart customer, right?

Well, today, I went in a brand new walmart, nearly empty.  Still sucked, isles too small, can't find a fucking thing, no lanes open.  Seems to me it's not just the clientele making the place horrible
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
cool
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
story
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and no .22lr although they seemed to have a little of everything else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Bro
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Don't know, but as I've commented on Arfcom in the past, I'm convinced that they locate the ammo case in the far corner because having to walk past the other customers boosts sales.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Walmart does suck, but their prices are better than any other local grocery store.

To top it off, I hate having to go to 3-4 stores when I'm out running errands.  Generally I can still get all my non-food items at Walmart and save myself a couple trips to other places in town.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know why every Walmart has like 50 check out lanes.

They never have more than 3 or 4 open at one time.

Even at Christmas shopping peak season I have never seen more than 1/3 open at one time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Oh, and typically it's not that the aisles are too narrow, it's that the customers are too wide.

They should at least be big enough for two Rascals to pass.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Even at Christmas shopping peak season I have never seen more than 1/3 open at one time.
View Quote

Yup.  Parking lot was mostly empty, I still had to wait over 5 minutes to check out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

They could get rid of a bunch of those checkouts and fill the space with more merchandise.  Not sure why they don't do that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll dispute the "Walmart Sucks" hypothesis thusly:

They are generally close.
They frequently have what you need or a close approximation.
They almost always have the best price on whatever it is that you need and don't want to wait to have it shipped.

Pretty much all the rest is subjective.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't been in one in two years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
My local walmart loves to close all aisles except for one after midnight.. You'll have like 10-15 people in the front "stocking" the shelves near registers, but no one opens a register to help the lady with a line of like 20 people.

And it's always the cigarette aisle, that doesn't have any real counter space - so late night shopping for 1-2 weeks of food gets you dirty looks from people behind you.

Fuck walmart.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yup.  Parking lot was mostly empty, I still had to wait over 5 minutes to check out.
View Quote

Was there a self-checkout section/lanes?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The only legitimate gripe I have against walmart is that every time I go there more than half of their checkouts aren't even manned. Dodging land whales on their motorized shopping carts isn't that big of a hazard. You won't miss them coming.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll dispute the "Walmart Sucks" hypothesis thusly:

They are generally close.
They frequently have what you need or a close approximation.
They almost always have the best price on whatever it is that you need and don't want to wait to have it shipped.

Pretty much all the rest is subjective.
View Quote

All of that is true.  The only reason I went there today was because I needed groceries and motor oil.  They typically beat all the parts stores by $5+ on 5 qt jugs.

I also wasted at least 30 minutes because their idea of stocking their grocery shelves is
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Well bless your heart
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#18]
In for Wally World.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes.  There is a science to how they arrange the aisles and position the merchandise.  The stuff everyone wants is in the back of the store.  You have to walk past all of the other crap to get to yours. The object is for you spend as much time as possible and to be exposed to as much merchandise as possible before you leave the store.

Other facts:
The fruit of the loom underwear (and most other products)  that you buy at WM is made especially for WM.  the materials are cheaper in order to get the cost down.

In th corporate procurement department in Bentonville, there are 6 people responsible for arranging parking lot striping.  Not paving; just striping.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I can't wait tell the death of the box stores.....  and small shops America . and the main street  businesses come back...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I can't wait tell the death of the box stores.....  and small shops America . and the main street  businesses come back...
View Quote

You should open up a company that fixes wagon wheels in the mean time.

Amercians rather have more stuff that is possibly crap than less stuff that is sold by a person that knows what he is doing for a higher price.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Go to the one in Conway NH if you want to get frustrated.............they are changing it over to a super center or some shit and everything is scattered from hell to high water!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#23]
America, not just Sam Walton created Walmart.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They could get rid of a bunch of those checkouts and fill the space with more merchandise.  Not sure why they don't do that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they love to waste space? In fact I think walmart is the only big box chain when it comes to registers that are the most inefficient  they could easily replace all (nearly half) of the registers with self checkout. Its one person running 8 self check out or 1 conveyer belt register. Remember the magazine section use to be at the front of the store
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ok, everyone knows that walmart sucks, not a fact in dispute.  However, most of the blame for that can be conferred to the stereotypical walmart customer, right?

Well, today, I went in a brand new walmart, nearly empty.  Still sucked, isles too small, can't find a fucking thing, no lanes open.  Seems to me it's not just the clientele making the place horrible
View Quote

I don't think Walmart sucks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yes.  There is a science to how they arrange the aisles and position the merchandise.  The stuff everyone wants is in the back of the store.  You have to walk past all of the other crap to get to yours. The object is for you spend as much time as possible and to be exposed to as much merchandise as possible before you leave the store.

Other facts:
The fruit of the loom underwear (and most other products)  that you buy at WM is made especially for WM.  the materials are cheaper in order to get the cost down.

In th corporate procurement department in Bentonville, there are 6 people responsible for arranging parking lot striping.  Not paving; just striping.

View Quote

There are more people working at Walmart corporate in Bentonville than many large State governments.   If anything, this massive bureaucracy will be the eventual downfall of the company.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guess they are the largest retailer in the world by accident

Ever think it may be YOU ?
I do agree on the No checkout lanes open.
29 lanes / 3 open
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Knowing that ChinaMart is a clusterfuck beyond all clusterfucks, why do Arfcomers still go there and then come here to complain?
Fuck ChinaMart. FBHO. FTOP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Park on the side.  Enter through tire shop.  Get ammo and a can of brake cleaner.  Check out at tire shop.  Leave.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#30]
bought 4 boxes of tula .223(5 and some change a piece) got asked for id...ok not a big deal, then asked for my PISTOL PERMIT...i fucking lost it on this dumbass at the counter, supervisor came and it was cleared up...

I hate up state NY
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are more people working at Walmart corporate in Bentonville than many large State governments.   If anything, this massive bureaucracy will be the eventual downfall of the company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other facts:

A few years back i read an article on how they run their corporate flight department.  They had (at the time) something like 15 jets that they would run like their own airline, and a low fare airline at that.  While most of your typical business jets are going to have a stocked beverage bar (including liquor) and some sort of food catered in (even if it's just a fruit plate) they got wal mart brand bottled water and coffee.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's like that missile system where the ICBMs were moved randomly from one launch site to another to keep the Soviets from knowing what pads to blast in the event of war. The Wal-Mart system prevents robbers from planning ahead.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Walmart is where I usually buy my sweatshirts and long john type shirts.  Hard to beat the price for generic mild weather stuff.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Walmart is a joke. Junky store full of FSA without one item that's made in the US. Should be called Chinamart.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

29 lanes / 3 open
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

29 lanes / 3 open

They are the largest retailer in the world because they buy a ton of shit really fucking cheap and then sell it for cheaper than anyone else.

I happily shop there because I can consolidate several stops into one and not spend quite as much.  I know they can't do much about the 400lb welfare whales but they could at least try to make the experience slightly more tolerable.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Meh, I can't hate them too much. The only store open when I get off work, and they have the best deal on ammo cans of XM193. At least 3 of them usually have them in stock, too.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm convinced their parking lots are designed to induce crashes and anger prior to the shopping experience.

So, my answer is yes; and it all starts in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#38]
The only complaint I have about the layout of walmarts is they are all different.

Knowing where something in is one store is of almost no help as to where it will be located in any other walmart in the nation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#39]
We have the first Walmart To Go! Order online. Pull up to the drive through and they load it in your vehicle. Never have to get out and navigate the derelict and crotch fruit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#40]
They suck ass.
I try not to shop there.

Walmart treats their employees like shit and it shows in the way of poor merchandising, clueless employees, and long ass lines.
Also, Walmart typically has a limited selection of lower quality goods to choose from.

I'll pay .10 cents extra at Fred Myers and be out of there in 30 seconds as the policy is more than 2 customers at a register, open another one.
I go to Costco for mass quantities of staple items (EVERY register at Costco is open when the place is busy..and that's usually all the time). Most employees at the local Costco have been there for over 5 years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:41:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Every time I have shopped there in the past five years, I've left the store angry.  I don't go there unless I have to.  So far, I average about one visit every 18 months or so.

Most recently, I was shpping online, and Wal Mart actually had the best deal because of a sale, so I bought from there and selected store pickup.

Of course, the online pickup desk is at the very back of the store, unlike every other store I have ever shopped in, where it's right up front.

It took 20 minutes and four requests of sales drones to finally get someone to actually come to the online pickup desk and process my pickup.  I will not be using that service again.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
YES..  OIL is always in the farthest from the door.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was the only thing I ever bought there for the longest time.  Then I finally decided it was worth a buck or two more the not deal with the headache that is Wal Mart and started buying my oil at Autozone/OReilleys/Advance.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Shut the fuck up.

Grab your shit.

Pay your fucking tab.

Get the fuck out.

And Thank You - Come Again!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#45]
That is their business model.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ok, everyone knows that walmart sucks, not a fact in dispute.
View Quote

I vehemently dispute that statement. Walmart is the very best at what they do.

The only problem with Walmart is how many people in GD whine about Walmart.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#47]
The other customers are what makes Walmart suck.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#48]
we all can't work at Walmart!
the trick is to shop@7:00 am
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

I rode my cyclocross bicycle into one last year. I grabbed what I needed, blasted through the self checkout, and was out the door before they could get a manager to throw me out.

It's the only way to shop.

Actually, I'm not even sure they noticed me.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#50]
lusciously so

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top