Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2014 6:30:23 AM EDT
I'm taking a online college class on Islamic Civilizations(I needed a elective and it sounded/is interesting).  Small note, I'm 41 and I've been in local Law Enforcement for 20 years and I am most decidedly conservative.  This talk show is saying suicide bombers are cause(97% so) because of Foreign Occupation and not because these radical Islamic goat herders hate freedom and everything it stands for.  Then the forum posts in the class are a left-wing hug a suicide bomber fucking love fest.  Give this shit a listen and tell me what you think NPR radio show on Suicide Bombers  The Expert is basically saying there are suicide bomber because we are there.  Even says 9/11 happened because we have been a occupying force in the Middle East since 1990.  I am really interested in some conservative opinions on this if you can stomach the 30 min segment.  A 19 year military vet with five tours did call in and made some good points.

For the ADD members, Evil U.S. caused suicide bombers.

Fuck I need a whiskey and a bacon sammich.

EDITED because apparently its not PC to call them goat fuckers
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm taking a online college class on Islamic Civilizations(I needed a elective and it sounded/is interesting).  Small note, I'm 41 and I've been in local Law Enforcement for 20 years and I am most decidedly conservative.  This talk show is saying suicide bombers are cause(97% so) because of Foreign Occupation and not because these goat fuckers hate freedom and everything it stands for.  Then the forum posts in the class are a left-wing hug a suicide bomber fucking love fest.  Give this shit a listen and tell me what you think NPR radio show on Suicide Bombers  The Expert is basically saying there are suicide bomber because we are there.  Even says 9/11 happened because we have been a occupying force in the Middle East since 1990.  I am really interested in some conservative opinions on this if you can stomach the 30 min segment.  A 19 year military vet with five tours did call in and made some good points.

View Quote

Well, that IS their justification for what they are doing.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#2]
They are correct............everything is Bush's fault.

If you drink too much whiskey............it will be Bush's fault.

See how that works?

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

See how that works?

View Quote

I blame that shit on my loving wife of 17 years
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that works?

And the 'tards would say your wife is Bush's fault also.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Blame it on the drugs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Suicide bombers exist because sex and ignorance can be weaponized.

Incidentally, Islam just happens to turn sex and ignorance into weapons.  Sex is made a weapon of control, not just for women, but for men who want it.  When the powerful control women, they control sex, and so control the men as well.

Imagine you're dirt poor, you live in a culture full of corruption with absolutely no prospects of upward mobility, where the wealthy and powerful treat themselves to multiple wives (leaving fewer potential mates for everyone else), and you have no ability to escape or change any of it.  Now add the factors that you're functionally illiterate, and you have a firm belief that if you blow yourself up for Jihad, you'll be rewarded in paradise with all the things your Earthly masters enjoy.

The system cannot exist without an external scapegoat.  The idea of the infidel is essential to radical Islam.  You need that relief valve to direct the efforts of your young and ambitious so that they don't turn against you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Islam has a built in internal scapegoat with Sunni/Shia conflict.

They blow each other up way more than they blow up westerners.

But I think you get a better score if you blow up westerners? I dunno.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The system cannot exist without an external scapegoat.  The idea of the infidel is essential to radical Islam.  You need that relief valve to direct the efforts of your young and ambitious so that they don't turn against you.

They blow up fucking ANYTHING that doesn't agree totally with them..............no matter the sect.

Religion of peace.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]
NPR
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:53:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#11]
All four suicide bombers( VBIEDs) that hit us in Iraq were Africans/black.  2006-7 timeframe between Ramadi and Fallujah.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#12]
It's not because we are there, or most suicide bombers wouldn't target locals.

It's also not because hate us for our freedoms.

Has more to do with disappointed dreams and a longing to accomplish something that matters.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:04:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Has more to do with disappointed dreams and a longing to accomplish something that matters.
View Quote

End of thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#14]

I'm glad I went for engineering so I didn't have to deal with shit like this.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

See how that works?

Still, bush's fault.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

You need to respect other peoples' cultures and not make such demonstrably false, derogatory and hate filled statements. It makes the site look bad.

NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4oQRfxFBs

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sounds like CAIR’s line.

After the 9/11 attacks I wanted to learn about Islam and its history.  One of the first books I picked up was Paul Fregosi’s Jihad in the West.  I chose it primarily because it was published prior to 9/11/01 and thus would not be biased by that event.There is a chapter in which he discusses the decline of Islamic power in the late 19th century.  Here is an excerpt:

The battles against Islamic aggression (aka Jihad) in the past, from Tours to Vienna to Tripoli to Afghanistan, have been just that – battles in a war without end. This is a war that has ebbed and flowed for 14 centuries, and will continue to demand battles until a decisive victory is won by one side or the other. This is the testimony of history.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sounds like CAIR’s line.

After the 9/11 attacks I wanted to learn about Islam and its history.  One of the first books I picked up was Paul Fregosi’s Jihad in the West.  I chose it primarily because it was published prior to 9/11/01 and thus would not be biased by that event.There is a chapter in which he discusses the decline of Islamic power in the late 19th century.  Here is an excerpt:

For the Muslim Arabs, these wars against the Christian French and Americans in Egypt, Syria, Libya, Algeria, and Tunisia were an integral part of the Holy War against Christendom. It was, in Muslim minds, particularly Arab minds, part of the natural order of life that the Muslim should reign and the Christian should serve. The Muslims could not fail to be aware, however, that the old order was now changing and, in the new order, the Christian was master and the Muslim the servant… The Jihad was turned upside down and for many of the faithful, whose history and lives had flourished in perpetual victories, the experience was an emotionally shattering one that many Muslim minds were not able to accept. Defeat and humiliation were not the stuff of which Islam was made. It had always triumphed in the past, and it awaited triumph in the future. Today, with decolonization and immense oil riches, the hour of Islam has perhaps come around again.

The Jihad, begun by Muhammed in the seventh century, is required to persist until the whole world belongs to Islam. It is doubtful if an of the Americans and Europeans engaged in battle against Algiers and Tripoli felt, at the time, that they were in any way engaged in a religious war, holding off an intended Muslim conquest of the world.

The battles against Islamic aggression (aka Jihad) in the past, from Tours to Vienna to Tripoli to Afghanistan, have been just that – battles in a war without end. This is a war that has ebbed and flowed for 14 centuries, and will continue to demand battles until a decisive victory is won by one side or the other. This is the testimony of history.

This is what my research indicates.

I used to be concerned with bias in my research, but I've yet to read a rebuttal that wasn't defeated by an examination of history.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:25:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, but everyone has to deal with this.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Don't want to listen to NPR, I don't listen to it. Nor do I watch MSNBC or read any of the Liberal newsrags.

They can keep their opinions to themselves and nobody can assign me anything to the contrary.

I may have to deal with the symptoms, but I have the luxury of ignoring the disease,

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#20]
sooo, a lefty hatest the U.S. and blames other peoples craziness on us.

go figure...
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Nope.

Don't want to listen to NPR, I don't listen to it. Nor do I watch MSNBC or read any of the Liberal newsrags.

They can keep their opinions to themselves and nobody can assign me anything to the contrary.

I may have to deal with the symptoms, but I have the luxury of ignoring the disease,

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.

True.  I was speaking in the broad sense, to include the symptoms.  

It appears that you applied an engineering solution, "I'll blow it up when it gets on my radar."

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#23]
All Things Considered, NPR is a leftist, gobernmint subsidized trash.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They blow up fucking ANYTHING that doesn't agree totally with them..............no matter the sect.

Religion of peace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Religion of peace.

when your entire religious tenant is to die for any cause in the name of Allah, so you may meet your 72 virgins and thus complete your total sacrifice to Allah and finally allow yourself to have a woman ( even if she is a catfish) you will get suicide bombers. be aware that many of those suicide bombers are low IQ people and most are rigged with a back up remote control ignition operated by someone else.

like Rusted Ace stated, they utilize the suicide bomber on people of their own faith more so than others. we play football with OU-TX, Michigan-Michigan St. they play suicide bomber with Shia-Shite.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:09:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Suicide bombers exist because sex and ignorance can be weaponized.

Incidentally, Islam just happens to turn sex and ignorance into weapons.  Sex is made a weapon of control, not just for women, but for men who want it.  When the powerful control women, they control sex, and so control the men as well.

Imagine you're dirt poor, you live in a culture full of corruption with absolutely no prospects of upward mobility, where the wealthy and powerful treat themselves to multiple wives (leaving fewer potential mates for everyone else), and you have no ability to escape or change any of it.  Now add the factors that you're functionally illiterate, and you have a firm belief that if you blow yourself up for Jihad, you'll be rewarded in paradise with all the things your Earthly masters enjoy.

View Quote

Soooooo..... Bush had too many wives?

I'm always  last to catch on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I think those people just like to fight, look at the region and the history. If they wanted peace they'd have it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sounds like CAIR’s line.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds like CAIR’s line.

For the Muslim Arabs, these wars against the Christian French and Americans in Egypt, Syria, Libya, Algeria, and Tunisia were an integral part of the Holy War against Christendom. It was, in Muslim minds, particularly Arab minds, part of the natural order of life that the Muslim should reign and the Christian should serve. The Muslims could not fail to be aware, however, that the old order was now changing and, in the new order, the Christian was master and the Muslim the servant… The Jihad was turned upside down and for many of the faithful, whose history and lives had flourished in perpetual victories, the experience was an emotionally shattering one that many Muslim minds were not able to accept. Defeat and humiliation were not the stuff of which Islam was made. It had always triumphed in the past, and it awaited triumph in the future. Today, with decolonization and immense oil riches, the hour of Islam has perhaps come around again.

The Jihad, begun by Muhammed in the seventh century, is required to persist until the whole world belongs to Islam. It is doubtful if an of the Americans and Europeans engaged in battle against Algiers and Tripoli felt, at the time, that they were in any way engaged in a religious war, holding off an intended Muslim conquest of the world.

It is only because the west is allied with Satan that they have been victorious over the muslims.

So to fight the west is to fight satan.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:30:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm taking a online college class on Islamic Civilizations(I needed a elective and it sounded/is interesting).  Small note, I'm 41 and I've been in local Law Enforcement for 20 years and I am most decidedly conservative.  This talk show is saying suicide bombers are cause(97% so) because of Foreign Occupation and not because these radical Islamic goat herders hate freedom and everything it stands for.  Then the forum posts in the class are a left-wing hug a suicide bomber fucking love fest.  Give this shit a listen and tell me what you think NPR radio show on Suicide Bombers  The Expert is basically saying there are suicide bomber because we are there.  Even says 9/11 happened because we have been a occupying force in the Middle East since 1990.  I am really interested in some conservative opinions on this if you can stomach the 30 min segment.  A 19 year military vet with five tours did call in and made some good points.

View Quote

This doesn't surprise me.  Libtards will use ANY excuse other than "They're terrorists" to explain why these groups do what they do.

I remember hearing on the radio that (for a short time at least) they even tried blaming the Nigerian child bride (rape) issue on the fact that homosexuality was outlawed.  Not to mention the fact they refused to acknowledge that the group was even a terrorist group.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#31]
I think NPR is at least partially correct on that idea. Yes there are always going to be people in the Muslim world that see themselves in opposition to everyone else and think it is their duty to make people believe what they want them to believe. However there is a difference between not liking someone and blowing yourself up in order to kill them. It's easier to convince people that they are under attack when then can show our soldiers fighting in their part of the world.

I don't think there is just one reason to explain it. I'm sure the reasons vary individual to individual and most have more then one reason.  For example everyone talks about the 72 virgin thing, I heard one jihadi explain that after they die they will be able to make sure other people they know go to heaven as well. So for example if your brother had died after living a bad life and you believed he was probably going to hell, if you died fighting for the religion you would be able to take him out of hell and into paradise. If you really believe that sort of thing that could be a real motivator for some people.

Not to mention that tactically suicide bombings make sense. A guy with a suicide truck bomb will cause more damage to an enemy then a conventional guerilla fighter would be expected to.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Check out MEMRI and see their own rationale.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Wasn't there a bombing attack on the WTC by Islamic radicals BEFORE Bush was in office????
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Arabs societies are screwed because:

- They accept the idea that an individual party/person/family will rule over them.  This denies them the opportunity to advance their life unless they are a member of that party/family.  

- They have no industrial base which would enrich the country, enrich the people or occupy their time.  Show me an Arab made TV.  Show me an Arab made car.  

- Their governments have been able to use the Israelis as a scapegoat for all of their problems as a means to distract them from the real issues.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

End of thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

End of thread.

I don't think that's it.  I think it's because we don't believe the way they do.   In their world their is only one acceptable vision.  You must believe exactly as they are taught, and that's where the wars between the various sects of islam come from.   They're going to fight until they are either reformed or destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#36]
...on a positive note, at least 'they' don't have either nuclear or biologic weapons .....yet ..........probably just a matter of time .
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a bombing attack on the WTC by Islamic radicals BEFORE Bush was in office????
View Quote

Yep. In 1993 a bunch of muslim radicals from a mosque in Newark rented a Ryder truck, filled it with ANFO, and set it off in the lower-level parking garage underneath the WTC.

IIRC, all or most of them, including the Imam of the mosque, were caught and sentenced to prison.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#38]
they also claim that poverty drives people to desperation aand suicide bombing.  Yet I've never seen a haitian suicide bomber.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well, Bin Laden did declare war on the U.S. citing in his fatwa that the U.S. had no place in the Arabian Penninsula. That doesn't excue their behavior.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#40]
There's a good book on this subject, "Human being to human bomb", I recommend it very much.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

A friend from Yemen put it in a similar manner.

"They brainwash them." He meant that they look for people who are frustrated and angry. They tell these people that they're special because they recognize the oppression of the faith. Once they've found the suckers, they can convince them to kill.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#42]
My take on it is that we Americans are very poor at remembering our own history, and that we often reap what we sow.  

But then we are idealistic, and a part of me believes that we truly didn't even think to consider what either helping Muslims meant while the Soviet Union was invading them, and we certainly never took the consequences of our penchant for large engines, big cars and low fuel economies.  

The suicide bombers are the bottom rung of the politics and businesses we directly, and then indirectly, supported to attain minor victories or to solidify oil supplies.  The British and Europeans were driving around in tiny cars with 1 liter engines 30 years ... maybe 45 years before it struck us that it was a viable idea.

Before you write all this off, consider that the radicals aren't just the fighters and bombers, but also were the leaders over there.  The leaders and shieks are who we were making rich.  Sure, now they're scared of ISIS, but for years they took our money, yet supported actions against us.

A true conservative would believe in tactical infrastructure, and that would have included 'conservative' vehicles and engines for 99% of the USA for the last 40 years.  We could have negated much of the middle east, negated our concerns with them, and negated our political subversions, supports, etc. that connected us to the region to the extent that it has.  A dead-poor middle east, or a middle east that was being  'controlled' by some other super power to ensure their own oil needs, would then have focused on some other entities more than they have.  

A conservative in an un-needed gas-guzzler is not a true conservative.  He's probably just a Republican.  I've met true conservatives, and they opened my eyes to the problems of political labels in this country.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I think some of you are forgetting that suicide bombers come from many different religions, and some are even communists who profess no faith.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I took a political terrorism class in college.
The first day three Arabs demanded to know why Israeli terrorism against innocent Muslims wasn't in the curriculum (we were mainly studying the Tamil Tigers, FARC and some other group). One of the other foreign students in the class was actually an IDF veteran and things got pretty heated. The Arabs never came back.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

A friend from Yemen put it in a similar manner.

"They brainwash them." He meant that they look for people who are frustrated and angry. They tell these people that they're special because they recognize the oppression of the faith. Once they've found the suckers, they can convince them to kill.
View Quote

Or they find retards. Easier to rope a dope when the dope's not very bright.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Can they explain Munich?  Particularly the name Black September?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can they explain Munich?
View Quote

gender inequality.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

gender inequality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can they explain Munich?

gender inequality.

Eva Braun was repressed
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#50]
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2014/09/25/iraq-syria-isis-islamic-state-women

list to this one and you will want to punch Tom Ashbrook through your speakers
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top