Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2014 6:39:55 PM EDT
Never seen a cruise ship up there (dad lives on Long Lake, just down the road).

From their FB page

A big Traverse City "willkommen" to the 472-foot German cruise ship M/S Hamburg. The 400-passenger ship is currently anchored in West Grand Traverse Bay, wrapping up the first of two cruises she has scheduled on the Great Lakes this Fall.

The M/S Hamburg departed Montreal on September 24th and has made Canadian port calls in Toronto, Windsor, Tobermory, and Little Current before making U.S. port calls in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Traverse City.

She departs Traverse City and heads up to Mackinac Island, Kingston and returns to Montreal to begin another trip around Lake Ontario, Erie, Huron and Michigan on from October 10th to the 26th.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd take a cruise to Sleeping Bear
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.  I lived there for quite a few years.  The cruise shows ship up quite often.

Beautiful place to live.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, they're lost
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That explains the French people at the gas station the other day...  I'm south of Traverse.  Thought it was odd that they were in my neck of the woods!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I use to live in lake ann I miss it sometimes,  my buddy flew for the CC up there
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to live near Silver Lake in the mid to late 90's.  Never saw anything bigger than the tall ships in the bays at that time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use to live in lake ann I miss it sometimes,  my buddy flew for the CC up there
View Quote

Lake Ann got like 260" of snow last winter I heard.  The whole area got nailed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a in 03/04 I think I can't remember I was drunk most of the time,  I get sick of the lake effect snow everyday
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
great, now i'm homesick.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
great, now i'm homesick.
View Quote

You wouldn't be in March after 6 straight months of cloudy days.  I didn't mind the cold and snow but the lack of sunny days sucked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top