Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/3/2014 10:16:48 AM EDT
This story is so wrong, first, they were ordered in, without protective cover. Second, they were ordered in to " get the people to sign a court order to stay inside ", why it would require 5 sheriff's deputies, make up your own mind. Now, they and their vehicles are all out of commission.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2014/10/02/dallas-county-sheriffs-deputies-entered-ebola-quarantined-apartment/16622445/
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Patient zero .
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

Can't happen here. We know how to deal with this shit
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The US is prepared for ebola.  Mistakes that are made in third world countries which allow the disease to spread won't happen here. We will easily contain ebola.

DON'T WORRY! BE HAPPY!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The bufoonery hits keep coming.

This is a direct result of people not taking this seriously enough.

Those 5 knew it was the ebola apartment and they went in anyway, what difference does it make if some shithead signs a piece of paper or not when they do not follow instructions to begin with.

The stupidity of people and unfounded expectation and reliance on cooperation is astounding.

Maybe the authorities should write this family a strongly worded letter, that should take care of it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]
If that was my boss, I would have not so politely told him to get bent.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm confused   Are we seeing the beginning of the END????

Or what ??

Saw a joker with the CDC attempting to candy ass the big E. situation.  What he said in the end made no sense at all.  Plus his stammering , along with his hem and haw did not give me any confidence that what he said had any medical truth.

Why can't they just say, " we don't know "?.

gd
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck that.

I would have waited outside with my PPE on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep looks like we're really up on the proper protocols and such to deal with this future Ebola crisis....we're pretty much fucked as I see it, many people will die, and we'll continue be told it needs to be controlled "at the source". Well we did real good with that didn't we?  I surely hope I'm completely wrong.

RG
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
The dumbassery just keeps on coming.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow. The stupid hurts really bad. It's gonna hurt worse when they start bleeding from all their orifices...  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Is the CDC fucking up or is this intentional? Maybe the Obama administration thinks ebola would keep preppers who lean right from voting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Patient zero .
View Quote

"Patient Zero" - that's Obama's nickname, right?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A three ring circus is better organized.
View Quote

Yup. And here I thought that Texas was going to get the notoriety of stomping this out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm confused   Are we seeing the beginning of the END????

Or what ??

Saw a joker with the CDC attempting to candy ass the big E. situation.  What he said in the end made no sense at all.  Plus his stammering , along with his hem and haw did not give me any confidence that what he said had any medical truth.

Why can't they just say, " we don't know "?.

gd
View Quote

My doctor 6 yrs ago insisted I get annual flu shots because "we're over due for a pandemic." Although I'm sure he was thinking Spanish flu type thing.

But an ebola pandemic would sure be a current possibility.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Those 5 knew it was the ebola apartment and they went in anyway, what difference does it make if some shithead signs a piece of paper or not when they do not follow instructions to begin with.

The stupidity of people and unfounded exoectation and reliance on cooperation is astounding.

Maybe the authorities should write this family a strongly worded letter, that should take care of it.

View Quote

Ya, there is absolutely no procedure or method to deal with any of this in the US. It also tells me they have no procedure to deal with any major outbreak in the US. If they did the dip shit in the white house removed them. Just like we see with the SS, Benghazi situation, infectious disease coming from the open border policy,  Iraq etc.

Is it by design?, I was never  a tin foil type but this is really amazing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Give 'Em a break.  They were just being proactive.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Smooooooth.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I gues DSD cannot into BSL-IV containment...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#23]
This is all racism.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Bring Ebola stateside.

Allow it to spread by ignoring basic quarantine protocols.

Keep bringing travelers infected with Ebola.

Allow it to spread more.

End result:

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This story is so wrong, first, they were ordered in, without protective cover. Second, they were ordered in to " get the people to sign a court order to stay inside ", why it would require 5 sheriff's deputies, make up your own mind. Now, they and their vehicles are all out of commission.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/dallas-county/2014/10/02/dallas-county-sheriffs-deputies-entered-ebola-quarantined-apartment/16622445/
View Quote

I'm shocked they did not go in at 0430 hours using an MRAP to bust down the fucking door.

HOW STUPID OF THEM to send in 5 unprotected individuals to collect a few signatures.

JUST AS STUPID as the hospital that made the mistake of sending the sick man home to begin with.

HAVE NO FUCKING FEAR ...... The United States Government CDC is on top of things and will stop Ebola " in its tracks "

HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE TRUST THE GOVERNMENT ?????????
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Probably reading too much  Extorris on how to get disability and retire early.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#27]
"We don't have a strategy."
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ya, there is absolutely no procedure or method to deal with any of this in the US. It also tells me they have no procedure to deal with any major outbreak in the US. If they did the dip shit in the white house removed them. Just like we see with the SS, Benghazi situation, infectious disease coming from the open border policy,  Iraq etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stupidity of people and unfounded exoectation and reliance on cooperation is astounding.

There is a pretty solid system set up already to deal with a flu pandemic. Pre-positioned supplies, vaccination locations, triage stations,  the works.  Just because you  don't hear about it  from Alex Jones does not mean it  is non-existent. It's not a big secret, everything is on the internet.
Of course, if  you guys actually researched this someone would start screaming about FEMA camps.

Here is a general overview for the hopelessly clueless. http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/stockpile/stockpile.htm

There will not be an Ebola  epidemic.   What part if DIRECT transmission is escaping you?   Don't swap spit with an ebola infected hooker and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The stupidity of people and unfounded expectation and reliance on cooperation is astounding.

View Quote

The officers heard that the medics got a great deal where they got paid to set at home in quarantine and decided to take their chances.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There will not be an Ebola  epidemic.   What part if DIRECT transmission is escaping you?   Don't swap spit with an ebola infected hooker and you'll be fine.
View Quote

So the two doctors that got flown back here got their infections from hookers?  

And all the propositioned supplies in the world won't do you any good if dumbasses just decide to wander in without using universal precautions.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#33]
"They had gone there on the orders of Sheriff Lupe Valdez to get the people inside to sign a court order forbidding them from leaving the apartment."

Dumbass.

"The deputies are expected to return to work in a few days, Dyer said."

Ebola can take up to about 21 days for symptoms to present.  Super.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds good.  You go get the signatures.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

OMG you are funny .... so you thinkEBOL direct physical contact is needed?

Who told you that lie????

Ebola is not airborne?

Who told you that lie?

What happens is you are in an area and an Ebola infected person SNEEZES ...... Ebola becomes AIRBORNE !!!!

Watch this video .......  http://youtu.be/NVXukm1lNOs

If you like CNN maybe this one .... http://youtu.be/nC0GPy8Fb5I

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There is a pretty solid system set up already to deal with a flu pandemic. Pre-positioned supplies, vaccination locations, triage stations,  the works.  Just because you  don't hear about it does not mean it  is non-existant. It's not a big secret, everythign is on the internet.
Of course, if  you guys actually researched this someone would start screaming about FEMA camps.

Here is a general overview for the hopelessly clueless. http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/stockpile/stockpile.htm

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a pretty solid system set up already to deal with a flu pandemic. Pre-positioned supplies, vaccination locations, triage stations,  the works.  Just because you  don't hear about it does not mean it  is non-existant. It's not a big secret, everythign is on the internet.

Except for the fact that there already is an ebola epidemic, and you do not need direct contact.

All you need is contact, even indirectly, with virus containing hody fluids, and that includes anything a sweaty feverish person touches, pukes on, coughs on, sneezes on, coughs in their hands and then touches, and walking though  a place that was puked on to spread the body fluid around.

And yes, you would then have to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth to introduce it into your body or have an unscabbed scrape or cut on your hand.

Here is an exercise for you.

Set aside 2 hours in your day and see if you can refrain from rubbing your eyes, touching your nose, or touching something you eat with your fingers without washing your hands for 45 seconds first, and that includes a sandwich, piece of pizza, candy, gummy bear or anything else.

And when you buy a cup of coffee, try to notice if the person that puts your lid on at starbucks touches the sip hole area with his bare hand before you put it up to your mouth.

Assuming of course the person that made your sandwich did not sneeze or cough when they where putting on the tomato slices. Of course you will never know that.

Not to mention the change you just got from buying your cup of coffee, the change that came from the guy in front of you that wasn't feeling well and had just coughed in his hand before he paid for his double decaf skim milk latte.

Keep make believing you have to lick a bleeding ebola patient to come in contact with body fluids.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mach, I am seeing a consistent theme from you.  That Dunk guy would probably call you an ebolatard.  That means that I am too because you are exactly right.

A mention was made of the WKRP turkey drop.   That is not a bad analogy.   I am not even a novice when it comes to this issue but here is what I believe needs to be done.

Close our border to anyone from those countries.   Any US citizen coming back is quarantined for a month before going back into the community.

The southern border is sealed tight.  ZERO people get in that way.

The people in that apartment need to be quarantined elsewhere and the apartment sterilized or gutted as appropriate.

It is getting to the point where using travel history to Africa is not a useful indicator if a person showing symptoms that could be ebola, flu or other diseases is likely an ebola person.  As Mach touches on, once that is widespread, how does the medical community determine with 100% accuracy who has ebola or just the flu?  It may come to the point where everyone with symptoms is isolated until a test is run.  

What about the many people who show symptoms but go on as if they will get over it.  You know that people sick with colds and flu go to work spreading whatever they have.   Kids do it.

To minimize the chance of this getting out of control, the initial travel/border controls must be implemented.

How many expect President Ebola, enabler of the Obama flu (EV D68), to do that?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Except for the fact that there already is an ebola epidemic, and you do not need direct contact.

All you need is contact, even indirectly, with virus containing hody fluids, and that includes anything a sweaty feverish person touches, pukes on, coughs on, sneezes on, coughs in their hands and then touches, and walking though  a place that was puked on to spread the body fluid around.

And yes, you would then have to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth to introduce it into your body or have an unscabbed scrape or cut on your hand.

Set aside 2 hours in your day and see if you can refrain from rubbing your eyes, touching your nose, or touching something you eat with your fingers without washing your hands for 45 seconds first, and that includes a sandwich, piece of pizza, candy, gummy bear or anything else.

And when you buy a cup of coffee, try to notice if the person that puts your lid on at starbucks touches the sip hole area with his bare hand before you put it up to your mouth.

Assuming of course the person that made your sandwich did not sneeze or cough when they where putting on the tomato slices. Of course you will never know that.

Not to mention the change you just got from buying your cup of coffee, the change that came from the guy in front of you that wasn't feeling well and had just coughed in his hand before he paid for his double decaf skim milk latte.

Keep make believing you have to lick a bleeding ebola patient to come in contact with body fluids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of fuzzy on this whole "direct contact" thing are you?  Let me help.  

On August 1, 2014, CDC released guidance titled, Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Hospitalized Patients with Known or Suspected Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever in U.S. Hospitals. Ebola viruses are transmitted through direct contact with blood or body fluids/substances (e.g., urine, feces, vomit) of an infected person with symptoms or through exposure to objects (such as needles) that have been contaminated with infected blood.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#40]
"My wife was tarded she's a pilot now......"
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yep looks like we're really up on the proper protocols and such to deal with this future Ebola crisis....we're pretty much fucked as I see it, many people will die, and we'll continue be told it needs to be controlled "at the source". Well we did real good with that didn't we?  I surely hope I'm completely wrong.

RG
View Quote

I saw the CDC guy, Dr Frieden, this morning and he poo pooed restricting access to the US of people from those countries and stated that the only way to fix it is to solve the problem in Africa.

What an idiot.  That just shows that the CDC is politicized and is one more reason why I have no faith in the CDC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is the CDC fucking up or is this intentional? Maybe the Obama administration thinks ebola would keep preppers who lean right from voting.
View Quote

I vote absentee ballot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh damn... got a flat on the patrol car, not going to be able to take that call.... sorry.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Whats even more scary is The Obama is sending 3000 of our troops over there as a "feel good" thing.  

We can only guess how many of them will get Ebola and also bring it back.  Of course knowing the military, they will quarantine the troops for 30 days prior to letting them come back, to see if they get symptoms.  It remains to be seen what they will do with the ones who contract the virus.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need to have a full on outbreak before they can justify martial law.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If that was my boss, I would have not so politely told him to get bent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

There appears to be no established quarantine protocol whatsoever. Either that or everyone is willfully ignorant of it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Kind of fuzzy on this whole "direct contact" thing are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of fuzzy on this whole "direct contact" thing are you?

Maybe you need to read the guidlines put out by the CDC.

It isn't direct contact, it is direct contact with body fuids and everything I just listed can indeed result in direct contact with body fluids.

Here I will quote the CDC for you.

What does “direct contact” mean?
Direct contact means that body fluids (blood, saliva, mucus, vomit, urine, or feces) from an infected person (alive or dead) have touched someone’s eyes, nose, or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.

Notice that the direct contact is not direct contact with the sick, it is direct contact with the body fluids, and the examples I gave can indeed be direct contact with body fluids.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top