Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/3/2014 9:50:50 AM EDT
Staying in our suite in Orlando.  Spent 3 days park hopping, now we're going down to Ft Lauderdale to visit the in-laws and some friends.  Spent 20 minutes or so making trips down from our 6th-floor suite to load up our van.  One last trip up to make sure nothing was left in our rooms, then we check out and hit the road.

Daughter #1 can't find her cell phone.  Shit.  Call the resort, no one found one in the room or turned one in.  It might be packed in our luggage.

We get to our Ft Lauderdale hotel and wife's cell phone rings.  It's AT&T.  Daughter's phone has made over $600 of long distance calls to Cuba in the last four hours.

We shut off the phone (cheap repurposed go-phone) and AT&T is crediting off the charges.

Fucking hotel employee/thieves for the MFW.

God I hate this state.  Next vacation I'm going to Branson.  Zombie apocalypse can't start fast enough.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Staying away from Florida is a great idea.

After all, theft does not occur in any of the other 49 states right?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:53:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck thieves.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
You never leave anything in a hotel room in Orlando
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop losing your phones around Florida.  I've seen that happen several times here.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't leave anything in any hotel.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Especially at the Days Inn by the convention center.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Need better packing skills.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#8]
As a person who has lived in FLA , I can vouch for the fact that tourist are preyed upon.

But FLA also sees large numbers of visitors that come to the state just to commit crimes.  Then flee the state for other destinations unknown.

gd

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  
View Quote

I wish more people from up north were like you and would go home and never come back.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck thieves and all, but you need to somehow get your daughter to pay attention to detail.  I go through this with my son all the time.  

privileges = responsibility.   good luck with it.

Here's a traveling tip:   Send the kids down ahead of time to get those baggage carts.   Get as many as you need.    Do ONE trip.    There is no need and no excuse for it to take 20 minutes to move your stuff to the car.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wish more people from up north were like you and would go home and never come back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

YEP.

Glad you hated your stay. Don't come back. Tell your friends!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Next vacation I'm going to Branson.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

Branson

Lol

Be sure not to leave any sudafed in your hotel room

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You should see what they do to toothbrushes...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

+1

Whatever you do...don't come during winter time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#16]
yes, please spread the word. florida is evil. we will steal all your shit, and give you ebola. please for the love of god
spread the word, maybe if everyone gets the message i can have a peaceful winter.

oh and we get southern ice it is the worst kind of ice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, Flori-duh was voted the fourth state people most wanted kicked out of the Union, behind Kalifornia (natch!), New York, and Texas (Libtard votes, obviously),
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
and give you ebola.
View Quote

You fucks can't steal our thunder.  That's our line to keep people out, damn it.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Branson

Lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

Branson

Lol

What is that all about?

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#20]
who leaves a cell phone in their room anyways?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Florida has some nice places. I hate the Disney areas and parks for the most part.
I remember as a kid when the Cuban refugees came to Florida, a whole lot while we were there, and the violence and stealing that soon followed.
I hate a thief too!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for visiting and paying the hotel  / rental car taxes so we don't have to pay a state income tax.

Now get the fuck out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
who leaves a cell phone in their room anyways?
View Quote

Kids.
I guess you have none or none with cell phones.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#24]
If you don't like employees stealing, then stay out of Las Vegas
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Wife lost her iphone in a Disney bathroom. Went back and asked the female janitor if she found it. "No, check the store across the way to see if it was turned in. " nothin at the store, they told us it was policy to send found stuff to the town hall. Nothing there. We waited a couple hours still nothing. So I finally had the idea to use the find my iphone app thing. It was still in the bathroom.
She went back and asked the same janitor, "no". So my wife started looking at her cart, she got super defensive, so the wife waited till she left then searched it. Found her phone stuffed in the middle of a box of rubber gloves. I'm guessing to silence it because I was calling the thing every minute.
We were just glad to not waste anymore time looking for it, but really should have reported the damned liar.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:04:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I have grandparents in Florida.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Staying in our suite in Orlando.  Spent 3 days park hopping, now we're going down to Ft Lauderdale to visit the in-laws and some friends.  Spent 20 minutes or so making trips down from our 6th-floor suite to load up our van.  One last trip up to make sure nothing was left in our rooms, then we check out and hit the road.

Daughter #1 can't find her cell phone.  Shit.  Call the resort, no one found one in the room or turned one in.  It might be packed in our luggage.

We get to our Ft Lauderdale hotel and wife's cell phone rings.  It's AT&T.  Daughter's phone has made over $600 of long distance calls to Cuba in the last four hours.

We shut off the phone (cheap repurposed go-phone) and AT&T is crediting off the charges.

God I hate this state.  Next vacation I'm going to Branson.  Zombie apocalypse can't start fast enough.
View Quote

Only thing that Branson has going for it is some fairly decent trout fishing on the White River, which runs right through town.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow, tough crowd.

I lived in Florida for 20 years.  Moved away after Katrina and never regretted it. Shitty drivers, too goddamn hot and I swear to fucking Christ the other 49 states send the cream of their asshole crop to live there on some sort of exchange program.

Like I said, we made about three trips up and down from our room to load the van, phone disappeared from the room during one of the trips.  Housekeeping was in and out of the room as we took the last of our things.  Already left a message with the resort manager, not expecting anything.  Really wish the phone had GPS.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wow, tough crowd.

I lived in Florida for 20 years.  Moved away after Katrina and never regretted it. Shitty drivers, too goddamn hot and I swear to fucking Christ the other 49 states send the cream of their asshole crop to live there on some sort of exchange program.

Like I said, we made about three trips up and down from our room to load the van, phone disappeared from the room during one of the trips.  Housekeeping was in and out of the room as we took the last of our things.  Already left a message with the resort manager, not expecting anything.  Really wish the phone had GPS.
View Quote

Shitty drivers in every state. Thieves in every state too.

Don't Blame Florida Blame the People.

You can vacation in any State remember, your wallet your familly
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Shit happens everywhere. Cell phones are easy to forget, lose, fall from pockets or purses. before leaving, make sure everyone can account for cellphones and other important items. Once accounted for, then hit the road.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what was the name of the hotel?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#35]
This thread is stupid. There are phone thieves in every state and the calls could just as easily have been to Mexico, Kenya or Denver.

Florida has no monopoly on thieves or jerks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm sure southwest missouri has no theft.

*I grew up in sw mo
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm taking two weeks off at Thanksgiving.  My vacation will be spent in the woods deer hunting, squirrel hunting with my dog, drinking, going to the range, did I mention drinking?  That's what I call relaxing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#38]
So thieves aren't in the other 49 states? I have lived here since I was 7 and I am 28 now. Always lived in East Orlando or Winter Park/Casselberry area. I honestly have never seen anything bad happen other than some opportunist thieves at Wally World....On a side note, that gif with bugs bunny sawing off Florida is definetely chuckle worthy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Wife lost her iphone in a Disney bathroom. Went back and asked the female janitor if she found it. "No, check the store across the way to see if it was turned in. " nothin at the store, they told us it was policy to send found stuff to the town hall. Nothing there. We waited a couple hours still nothing. So I finally had the idea to use the find my iphone app thing. It was still in the bathroom.

She went back and asked the same janitor, "no". So my wife started looking at her cart, she got super defensive, so the wife waited till she left then searched it. Found her phone stuffed in the middle of a box of rubber gloves. I'm guessing to silence it because I was calling the thing every minute.

We were just glad to not waste anymore time looking for it, but really should have reported the damned lier.
View Quote

I would of had that scumbag fired on the spot.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Orlando is the worst fucking part of this state, and people on this site (specially in the FHTF) think I'm stupid for thinking so.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Orlando is the worst fucking part of this state
, and people on this site (specially in the FHTF) think I'm stupid for thinking so.
View Quote

You are correct.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Could've happen anywhere/anytime.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Our time share is through Bass Pro, next time I'm going to Big Cedar Lodge.  We went to Orlando this time because my sister and wife's sister both go to UCF.  Universal was actually really great this last week, not crowded, some rain but nothing ponchos couldn't handle.  Food at Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios was far superior to any of the Disney fare.  Cheaper, too.

To everyone who told me assholes and thieves are 'everywhere'.  Gee, thanks for the news flash.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Orlando is the worst fucking part of this state, and people on this site (specially in the FHTF) think I'm stupid for thinking so.
View Quote

You're right

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I thought this was going to be about the foul-mouthed punk who punched the octogenarian in the face.

I've been to FL five times in my life, and I'm pretty sure that's about enough.

ETA: Seven times--I forgot about business trips.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

QMFT
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God I hate this state.  

+1
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
If it was a Cuban then it probably wasn't a hotel employee.  We have Guatemalans for that kind if work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Don't leave anything......c'mon back. We're still the Gunshine state
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#50]
When you get her a new phone, be sure to get on that locks and has a find me app.

always auto lock any phone
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top