Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 4:25:05 PM EDT
I stopped today to pick up the RIA 9mm 1911 I ordered as my birthday present to myself... and lo and behold in the used gun cabinet, there was a pistol identical to one I'd sold years ago... one that I regretted selling...

... a stainless Walther PPK/s with blonde wood grips, just like the one I'd sold. I loved that gun, but didn't realize how much until I had sold it off. It was STUPID accurate and the single action trigger was a thing of beauty. It was so light and crisp, I'd doubletap unintentionally if I didn't pay attention to my follow-through.

So there it was... and priced well below what I'd seen every time I've seen one in recent years... $375. I haven't seen one below $500 in years, and I just wasn't willing to spend that much for one.

Then this beauty popped up:

I had to bring her home with me.

The story isn't 100% good... I think I found why the price was a bit low - the trigger won't reset to double action after dropping the hammer, without coaxing the trigger forward. Single action works fine. I bet it's probably something quite minor. I'll disassemble it later on and see if I can get it working right. Even then, I am glad I got it. I missed my PPK/s. Now I have another just like it!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a neat little piece!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful !
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy you serendipitous Birthday Gift!
(wow, did not even need spell check)
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Dat's purty!!!  Did you get the feet in the picture with the gun?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:44:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
ooo a interarms! much better than that POS Smith and Walther, that made now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
A stainless PPKS was the first gun I ever purchased for myself.

I sold it after it sliced and diced the web of my hand.

They are a nice looking pistol, but I didn't like getting sliced up whenever I shot it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!  love me some ppk
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dat's purty!!!  Did you get the feet in the picture with the gun?  
View Quote

Is an un-spoken rule here.
++++ Points for nail fungus, untrimmed, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

ooo a interarms! much better than that POS Smith and Walther, that made now.
View Quote
+1  nice score

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A stainless PPKS was the first gun I ever purchased for myself.

I sold it after it sliced and diced the web of my hand.

They are a nice looking pistol, but I didn't like getting sliced up whenever I shot it.
View Quote

My second handgun was the PPK/s I had. It was Interarms, too.

I missed it a lot... now I don't!  I guess I'm also lucky that the PPK/s and milspec 1911s don't bite my hand at all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Now you have the gun of James Bond.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now you have the gun of James Bond.
View Quote

Q.  Matthew Q.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Matt, go to Wolff Gunsprings and get a spring kit for it.. both main and recoil. it slicks up the trigger pull and makes is more better. And with the recoil springs you can tune it to the load used. Since US spec .380 is loaded lighter than the Euro version.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Matt, go to Wolff Gunsprings and get a spring kit for it.. both main and recoil. it slicks up the trigger pull and makes is more better. And with the recoil springs you can tune it to the load used. Since US spec .380 is loaded lighter than the Euro version.
View Quote

Cool, will do. It's a used gun, so I have no idea how many have been put down the pipe. New springs will be a good idea!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]
beautiful pistol, and happy birthday
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cool, will do. It's a used gun, so I have no idea how many have been put down the pipe. New springs will be a good idea!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hammer spring pack is like 10 bucks and the recoil calibration kit is 25 bucks.. would be a good idea for a older gun..

or do a..

SERVICE PAKS
Service Pak Type I - Contains the following springs to return pistol to original factory condition: recoil spring, firing pin spring, hammer spring, extractor spring, magazine catch spring, trigger guard spring and hammer block spring.

Servie Pak Type II - Contains all springs described in Type I pak above and a +5% extra power magazine spring.

my Smith and Walther.. reworked to make functional..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top