Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2014 9:26:56 AM EDT
On my phone, so too lazy to hotlink. Copy pasta thermal.com/what_is_thermal_desktop.html

For 200 bucks, doesn't look bad at all
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
http://thermal.com/what_is_thermal_desktop.html

I want to see more pics taken in complete darkness.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a youtube video of it filming a bathtub in complete darkness. Looks good to my ignorant "of just how good flir should look" ass. Sorry for no embedded video of that. On my smartphone :(  on engadget.com,  their article has the video.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks cool.  If it works.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks cool
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll post some pics when I actually get mine. They aren't shipping until the release the app. Supposedly in the next week...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Interested.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Curious to see how this compares to the Flir Iphone case.

Is there a pair of video glasses that supports bluetooth? I'd think you could mount the sensor to a helmet, and run a cable to the phone in your pocket, then BT the display straight to the glasses.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll post some pics when I actually get mine. They aren't shipping until the release the app. Supposedly in the next week...
View Quote

What phone do you have?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had mine in hand since mid august.  I haven't acquired an iPhone 5 yet.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Curious to see how this compares to the Flir Iphone case.

Is there a pair of video glasses that supports bluetooth? I'd think you could mount the sensor to a helmet, and run a cable to the phone in your pocket, then BT the display straight to the glasses.
View Quote

there is a thread on the $350 flirone iPhone case, a thread on the therm-app $1000 israeli for android, and now a thread on the $200 seek thermal for both in the Night Vision subforum in the armory section of Arfcom.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/18_.html

the thermp-app is the best of the bunch performance wise, lots if vids in the thread to prove it. the developer is now even a member of arfcom and using suggestions from our members for the next version of the app. it has replaceable lens as an upgrade. 100s of feet of identification.

the flirone looks like a child's toy in comparison to the others. the resolution is bad because the sensor is tiny. its was also released for the iphone5 just as the iphone6 went on sale. id runs a few dozen feet.

this new one, the seek thermal from thermal.com has the best price, and performance specs well above the flironeiphone. the price point makes it a no brainer at $200, and seems to be the best bang for the buck. you can order it but its not shipping yet and the app isnt available for download for a few days still

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#11]
For 200 bucks, I'll just flip the light switch on.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I just watched a TekZilla episode where they talked about the Seek. Looks cool enough.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I would like to have one of these for work.  We have an old FLIR camera that is almost as big as an old VHS camcorder, and a pain to download images.  I don't think anyone's used it for several years.  But too bad my cheap employer stuck us with iphone 4's.  probably refurbs too, with no insurance for replacement as parts break.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome. Hopefully this will force the big manufacturers to start producing cheaper devices.

FLIR one is a jke.

Seek will fill the "always wanted thermal but just want to see how it works".

For what it's worth...Therm-app is the best bang for your buck in regards to thermals.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Awesome. Hopefully this will force the big manufacturers to start producing cheaper devices.

FLIR one is a jke.

Seek will fill the "always wanted thermal but just want to see how it works".

For what it's worth...Therm-app is the best bang for your buck in regards to thermals.
View Quote

You weren't joking about therm-app.  Holy shit, it does make flir one look like a joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top