[#1]
Crossfit
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
lol
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Who coined the phrase "the sport of fitness"?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:39:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like Crossfit would be a good way for a pregnant woman to have a miscarriage...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:40:29 AM EDT
[#5]
That's retarded. Squats and lunges I can see but kettle bells and dead lifts are just freaking stupid for a pregnant woman at that point.

Plus her form was awful, which seems to be par for the crossfit course.

I say this with my 9 month pregnant wife sleeping across the room.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Needless to say shes shotgunning the kool aid. Shes crossed the line from hardass to dumbass.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Should she have to pay membership fees for two people?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:49:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Doing Oly lifts while 9 months pregnant is just plain silly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:54:41 AM EDT
[#10]
A co-worker of mine ran a marathon (26.2 miles) while preggers.  Not nine months though.  Just a couple months with a small bump.

Baby is fine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I kept waiting for her to smack that big ol' belly with the bar.  

I'm all about staying in shape through a pregnancy, but that seems excessive to me.  Not that I know shit about pregnancy.  

I laughed when they made her out to be a hardass and she did handstand push-ups.. And moved like 2 inches.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I kept waiting for her to smack that big ol' belly with the bar.  

I'm all about staying in shape through a pregnancy, but that seems excessive to me.  Not that I know shit about pregnancy.  

I laughed when they made her out to be a hardass and she did handstand push-ups.. And moved like 2 inches.
View Quote

Or drop the kettlebell on in, staying healthy while pregnant is great but this is rediculous.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like Crossfit would be a good way for a pregnant woman to have a miscarriage...
View Quote

Also risking c-section... keeping done of those muscles right and keyed up could make labor interdasting... deff not recommended
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:20:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:21:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's retarded. Squats and lunges I can see but kettle bells and dead lifts are just freaking stupid for a pregnant woman at that point.

View Quote

yeah its retarded..

i do crossfit, and she would not be allowed at the gym i go to that far along in her pregnancy...

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Seriously risking the child's health.  Not smart at all.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:36:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. I feel she's more concerned about her appearance than her unborn child's well being.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cross-carriage
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think that pregnant crossfit chick actually considered the welfare of the baby? Narcissism is the top trait of cultfitters everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Not surprised. Crossfit is a cult
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:57:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I hate her accent, but she's pretty hot.

Crossfit chics are nuts.

On a real note, as long as she's been at that level of activity her entire pregnancy, she should be gtg.  It won't hurt her or her baby.

I would appreciate it if more gravid females stayed active and didn't gain 100#, at the point when I'm putting in their labor epidurals.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I've got three kids. In all three instances the OBGYN told my wives (2) both exes so can't post pics. That they could keep up the normal fitness routine they had already done. Which meant they could keep doing it at the level they were already at but not to start doing something hey hadn't been in shape for.

If this woman was doing crossfit before and was in great shape the doctor would have allowed her to continue unless complications arose.

In good shape = keep it up
In bad shape = don't start running marathons or crossfit just cause you got pregnant.

Ymmv...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't want my wife carrying our kid doing it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

this
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:40:42 AM EDT
[#27]
That's stupid.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#28]
She has a fat ass
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

She has a fat ass
View Quote

Dude ...

She's friggin' 9 months pregnant.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not comfortable with that.  

Then again, I was pretty much only comfortable with DQ Blizzards when I was pregnant so I probably shouldn't even comment.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#32]
"beasting"
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Would creampie,  What's the worst that could happen?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#34]
She's going to shit that kid out right on the gym floor.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Um no.

If a woman has already adapted to weightlifting they can continue throughout the pregnancy.

-no new records
-dial back intensity
-no jumping after 2nd trimester IIRC
-Don't squat as deep as usual

That's about it. Not a thing wrong with kettlebells or deadlifts (why on earth would squats be ok but kettlebells not??? )

Oh and her form isn't perfect, but there's nothing dangerous about it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah you're wrong (crossfit and working out in general are good for pregnancies, with the above caveats)
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I so wanted her to kettle bell the emo blonde in the gunt.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Not sure I would be happy about that level of physical activity that close to the anticipated due date if I were her husband (assuming she's married).

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I wish I was a physical therapist.  Gonna get rich off those morons.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've got three kids. In all three instances the OBGYN told my wives (2) both exes so can't post pics. That they could keep up the normal fitness routine they had already done. Which meant they could keep doing it at the level they were already at but not to start doing something hey hadn't been in shape for.

If this woman was doing crossfit before and was in great shape the doctor would have allowed her to continue unless complications arose.

In good shape = keep it up
In bad shape = don't start running marathons or crossfit just cause you got pregnant.

Ymmv...
View Quote

Exactly. Most doctors agree with this, of course it's not as exciting as OMFGWTFBBQ A PREGNANT CHICK IS GOING TO KILL HER BABY FROM CROSSFIT
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#42]
avast  gives me an malware warning on that page
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#43]
brb doin' Crossfit

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A co-worker of mine ran a marathon (26.2 miles) while preggers.  Not nine months though.  Just a couple months with a small bump.

Baby is fine.
View Quote

Some women do fine.  Others, not so much.  I know a lady who partially detached her placenta by... vacuuming.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#45]

No.  Nononononono.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I thought all crossfit threads had to be started in the pit.  

Since it's the closest thing we have to a humor forum...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Some women do fine.  Others, not so much.  I know a lady who partially detached her placenta by... vacuuming.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baby is fine.

My sister was helping her husband move furniture around one night.  Water broke a couple hours later and baby was born a little over a month early.  

Could have happened anyway but all I know is my mom was on the phone with her while she was talking about moving the furniture and told her not to do it.  You can imagine the conversation they had a few hours later.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#49]

I'm no prude but, fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My sister was helping her husband move furniture around one night.  Water broke a couple hours later and baby was born a little over a month early.  

Could have happened anyway but all I know is my mom was on the phone with her while she was talking about moving the furniture and told her not to do it.  You can imagine the conversation they had a few hours later.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baby is fine.

That's why you don't do anything NEW
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top