Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 12:27:21 AM EDT
as of sunday was 20 years since my dad died, I tried my best to stay positive, work 40 hours so far this week so far  (3 days) to keep my mind off of it, but its still there.

I was only 6 at the time, but i still remember everything that happened that morning.I still remember waking up to my brother screaming when he found my Dad, running to see my dad one the floor. watching paramedics trying to revive him. fuck! it still tears me apart.

Fatalwishes asked me to talk to his kids if possible.I  haven't as of yet, I personally don't think i could keep my self together long enough to make things better for them, All i can hope for is he took my words of advise and made videos for his kids to watch when they need him.

Anyone with a family, please!!! make home videos, take pictures, write things for your kids. you never know what may happen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Sorry OP. FAtalwisheskids may benefit from seeing that it's ok to show the pain and also work through it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Lost my dad when I was 7. That was in 1971, so only photos and my memories and the families memories.

It is hard to lose your father at a young age, I know.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, .
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
30 years this year since my pop passed, I was 6 as well and still remember the day like it was yesterday.  Won't sit here and say it gets easier cause it doesn't but live tomorrow better than today and you'll be fine.

Didn't personally know Fatelwishes but his story touched my soul, when the time is right to talk to his kids the right words will undoubtably be there and feel confident speaking them. Best wishes.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry brother. I'll say a prayer for you tonight.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow.  Six years old when your father cross the Styx.  At least I was in my twenties and holding down a full time job.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Lost my dad last January.  Seems like I get a day or two when the grief eases up, then it comes back with a fury for a few days.  I know I'll never be the same.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I was 10 when my father died, in '91.  He didn't really like being photographed, so there really aren't many pictures, and no videos that I know of.  I do have some audio, though, from his work.  I haven't ever really recovered, and I often wonder how different things could have been.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:00:40 AM EDT
[#11]
13 years.  I would have liked to tell him about my experiences in Iraq, meeting my wife, my two beautiful children.  My dad needed heart bypass surgery and it was what killed him.  If he had the surgery he would likely be alive today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top