Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
Well things are finally picking up in the movie industry in the New Orleans area. September I did work in NCIS New Orleans and American  Horror Show. This month I should do American Horror Story, a new TV series The Astronaut  Wives Club and a movie Trumbo. All these shots are for a 50's look which means you have to be fit, no long hair and no ink. I do fit what they were looking for. Ii did get a hair cut which i call the old man military. cut look I am getting more bookings in advance which I never had before..
The NCIS was a lot of fun.We shot in the city, did a lot of French Quarter shooting , a shot in front of Commanders Palace and one night we did a Halloween parade in costume.Don't know if I will be getting any more.  
I plan on trying to break into something else than doing background work. if you do not fit the profile you will not get work. Being 60 I am at the very end of a age group with little work. They want younger but i do have what they like in that I am available all the time and do show up on time and don't leave early. I do have a strong background in electrical/instrumentation which I plan to use for grip type work in the future.
 Now for you leg humpers. They want the women to be in the size of 0 to 6. people were a lot skinnier than today.
Here is a casting call.
General Casting Notice

Casting Notes: VERY CUTE CAUCASIAN FEMALE IN 20'S AGE RANGE TO PLAY COCKTAIL A WAITRESS! Please read the wardrobe notes. If you attend a fitting and do not fit the outfit you will not work or be paid for the fitting on the day you film. NO VISIBLE TATTOOS/PIERCINGS. NO UNNATURAL HAIR COLOR/HIGHLIGHTS. NO MODERN HAIR STYLE, should be okay with getting hair cut if necessary. MUST be okay around herbal cigarettes. MUST be available to attend a fitting Monday in Metairie, LA. NEW FACES ONLY, do not submit if you have worked on the show.

Show Name: TRUMBO

Character Name: COCKTAIL WAITRESS
Wardrobe Notes: MUST FIT SIZE 2, 5'5-5'8 34B/C

I am having fun but it is not something you can make a career out of unless you get very lucky.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top