Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 8:08:16 PM EDT
It's a Coleman CT-70f, was in the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart.  It's bright, but I don't know if it's really 700 lumens.  I'll try it out when it gets dark outside.

Forgot to mention Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It's a Coleman CT-70f, was in the clearance Isle.  It's bright, but I don't know if it's really 700 lumens.  I'll try it out when it gets dark outside.
View Quote
Is 700 a lot?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is 700 a lot?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a Coleman CT-70f, was in the clearance Isle.  It's bright, but I don't know if it's really 700 lumens.  I'll try it out when it gets dark outside.
Is 700 a lot?

Is $30 cheap?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is 700 a lot?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is 700 a lot?

if it truly is 700, it's up there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a Cree LED btw.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is 700 a lot?

Bit of an understatement. My duty light is 400 and it can damn near permanently blind people if I'm feeling like a shithead.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
200 is more than you can look at and not see spots for 30 min so 700 for 30 bucks if true is good. could be chineese junk though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
200 is more than you can look at and not see spots for 30 min so 700 for 30 bucks if true is good. could be chineese junk though.
View Quote

It is Chinese made, but it temp blinded me on strobe mode when I looked at it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is $30 cheap?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is 700 a lot?

Is $30 cheap?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#9]
where from??
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Walmart's site says it uses 6 AA (double A, not triple A) batteries.  Is that correct?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

for 30 bucks its worth giving it a good work out. only one way to find out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Order a Solarforce flashlight body and a drop-in module of your choice, you'll have a pretty awesome light for $25.

http://solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FB&s=1&id=388

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S021647

Get an 18650 battery and a charger, too, though CR2s will work,too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Walmart's site says it uses 6 AA (double A, not triple A) batteries.  Is that correct?
View Quote

Yes 6 AA batteries included.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]
700 Loomens, not lumens.

Loomens are the standardized light measurement of the Zhang Dao province of China, where Kree LED's are made by former cabbage farmers and inserted into aluminum tubes with switches made from tiger penises.

The Loomens to lumens equivalence chart is that 100 Chinese Loomens are equal to one 1990 era Maglite with packing tape over the bezel.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Malkoff device.

If you're "on duty" and trusting your life to a light, them spend the money for something that won't overheat.

$30 is fine for a "see around the house" light.

Going into the deep dark unknown in the ghetto?.....yeah, no.....I'll take something else.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
700 Loomens, not lumens.

Loomens are the standardized light measurement of the Zhang Dao province of China, where Kree LED's are made by former cabbage farmers and inserted into aluminum tubes with switches made from tiger penises.

The Loomens to lumens equivalence chart is that 100 Chinese Loomens are equal to one 1990 era Maglite with packing tape over the bezel.

View Quote

I just took it outside, and it's by far the brightest flashlight I own.  It does have a noticeable yellow ring around the outside of the beam compared to my Surefire though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Malkoff device.

If you're "on duty" and trusting your life to a light, them spend the money for something that won't overheat.

Going into the deep dark unknown in the ghetto?.....yeah, no.....I'll take something else.
View Quote

I have Surefires for the ARs.

ETA:  Streamlights on the pistols.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I just took it outside, and it's by far the brightest flashlight I own.  It does have a noticeable yellow ring around the outside of the beam compared to my Surefire though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

700 Loomens, not lumens.

I've seen some accurately rated with a light meter that are in the 500-700 range and none of the Chinese models rated that high are even in the ballpark.

I think the Chinese manufacturers just write shit willy nilly on their products.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I've seen some accurately rated with a light meter that are in the 500-700 range and none of the Chinese models rated that high are even in the ballpark.

I think the Chinese manufacturers just write shit willy nilly on their products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
700 Loomens, not lumens.

I doubt it's 700 lumens too, but it's brighter than any other flashlight I have.  It's an extremely bright light, I have no light meter or any other flashlights even close enough to compare it with.  My LED 6P surefire is bright, but looks like a candle in comparison (it's only 80 lumen though).

ETA:  For 30 bucks, if it lasts...it was well worth it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Fenix

/thread
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Off to WalMart in the morning. What section was it in, Aiden?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is 700 a lot?

Is $30 cheap?

http://mormonlifehacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/ask-great-questions.jpg

Do I ask great questions?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Off to WalMart in the morning. What section was it in, Aiden?
View Quote

It was in the clearance aisle in sporting goods.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Malkoff device.

Not bad choices at all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Just go into the bathroom and shine it at yourself in the mirror.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
700 Loomens, not lumens.

View Quote

It's spelled Lo Meins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I doubt it's 700 lumens too, but it's brighter than any other flashlight I have.  It's an extremely bright light, I have no light meter or any other flashlights even close enough to compare it with.  My LED 6P surefire is bright, but looks like a candle in comparison (it's only 80 lumen though).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
700 Loomens, not lumens.

I have had one for a while.  It's pretty durable and really bright.  Finding the on/off switch in the dark sucks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I am in for $30
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

700 Loomens, not lumens.

Racist!!! i won't do business with your kind anymore
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#30]
I can't find Clearance Isle on the map.  Is it in the Caribbean?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
700 Loomens, not lumens.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always do that, even though I know better...clearance aisle at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's spelled Lo Meins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
700 Loomens, not lumens.

It's spelled Lo Meins.

Okay that was good
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

700 Loomens, not lumens.

I read that in my head as waicis. That's not racist is it?

In any case, we now only serve the Somalian community, because that's like everyone now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I got one of those Wallyworld Colemans (a 200 lo mien, IIRC). It works good, seems sturdy and it is bright. It gets hot when it is on for a bit, takes 2 AAs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I got one of those Wallyworld Colemans (a 200 lo mien, IIRC). It works good, seems sturdy and it is bright. It gets hot when it is on for a bit, takes 2 AAs.
View Quote

I got a couple of those out of the clearance isle too, rugged as fuck I beat on mine for a work light and it's impossible to kill.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you have a typo, it's not in the Caribbean, it's in the Carabiner
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

700 Loomens, not lumens.

I read that in my head as waicis. That's not racist is it?

In any case, we now only serve the Somalian community, because that's like everyone now.

i asked your partner for the minority discount and the fucker won't give it to me, just an upcharge instead
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

i asked your partner for the minority discount and the fucker won't give it to me, just an upcharge instead

New Albany residents only get a kosher discount, in our case we give them a free ham.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#40]
What is this Wool Mart of which you speak?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Heading there tomorrow to score some 5.56 and 7.62. Will look to see if they have any,thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top