Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2014 7:43:38 PM EDT
Saw his testimony before congress ref the Marine in the Mexican jail.

Stand up guy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. .
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
just saw it also. very good indeed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Does this mean you're going to buy a Life Lock subscription?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Montel Williams gives an emotional testimony to the House Foreign
Affairs Committee on Marine Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi's detention in
Mexico after he crossed the border with guns in his truck.  As a
veteran, he tells Congress he won't let his son serve because the of the
government's lack of oversight regarding Sgt. Tahmooressi's safe return
home and pleaded the Obama Administration for Sgt. Tahmooressi's
release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U5MOyATQvQ

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Still not sure I can trust a man with no nipples.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does this mean you're going to buy a Life Lock subscription?
View Quote
Loans, moneymutual. lol

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Dirty doper fuck!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Im pretty sure he's a good guy. He rescued some lady in a pretty bad car wreck a while back. He's no idiot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

just saw it also. very good indeed.
View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget his ads for The Money Store.  Borrow $1K - pay back $4-5K.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I respect his past, and the act he put on today - but he's a weird guy who will do most anything for a buck.

But I was surprised and impressed by his service, and for that I can give him a fresh start.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought he has a history of advocating for veterans?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#14]
His show was trashy, but he sounds like a very compassionate guy for our vets. They deserve more than the crappy government system they have now.

I don't know much about the case he was speaking of, though.

Good on him for his 22 years of service, and working through his TBI/PTSD injuries. That shows true character.

I never thought this before, but if all black children were to model after him, our murder and crime rates would drop like a rock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dirty doper fuck!
View Quote

Clarify?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Im glad to hear him stand up for this but I cant help but feel he wants something. maybe looking at politics I dont know

But I still get bad vibes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
His show was trashy, but he sounds like a very compassionate guy for our vets. They deserve more than the crappy government system they have now.

I don't know much about the case he was speaking of, though.

Good on him for his 22 years of service, and working through his TBI/PTSD injuries. That shows true character.

I never thought this before, but if all black children were to model after him, our murder and crime rates would drop like a rock
View Quote

That is true.  But there would have to be a major cultural change from wanting to be a real ass n****a to wanting to be a man who happens to be black.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

I may not always agree with the man but his military pedigree deserves respect.

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, on July 3, 1956, Williams enlisted in the U.S. Marines upon graduating high school in 1974. He took basic training at Parris Island, South Carolina, where he was promoted to platoon guide. After basic training, he was sent to the Desert Warfare Training Center at Twenty-nine Palms, near Palm Springs, California.

While at Twenty-nine Palms, his superiors became impressed with his leadership skills, and he was recommended for, and accepted to, the Naval Academy Preparatory school at Newport, Rhode Island. He completed the one-year course, and was accepted to the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis.

When he arrived at Annapolis on July 6, 1976, he was honorably discharged as a corporal from the marines, and enlisted into the navy as a midshipman. While at Annapolis, Williams studied Mandarin Chinese and graduated with a degree in general engineering and a minor in International Security Affairs. It was at Annapolis that Williams first began to shave his head. Upon his graduation in 1980, he became the first black enlisted marine to complete and graduate both the Academy Prep School and Annapolis
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Clarify?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty doper fuck!

Clarify?

I was being a bit facetious.

He's a big medical MJ guy. Takes it for his MS, I think?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Clarify?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dirty doper fuck!

Clarify?

Williams allegedly tokes the evil weed to counter the effects of his MS.  Meh
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#21]
montel is exactly right, ..folks we need to be melting down the lines/emails to our D.C. critters (house and senate) to put the pressure on the idiot who touts he's got "a pen and a phone" to do his freaking job, and get our marine back home!

and F-mexico!!!!  they are a horrible neighbor, CUT THE FOREIGN AID to MEXICO, BOYCOTT TOURISM, BOYCOTT THEIR CRAPPY PRODUCTS, PUT SANCTIONS on THEM!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Boot strapped in to Annapolis, impressive.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty doper fuck!

Clarify?

Roger. I have seen videos where marijuana works pretty well for MS.

Better weed than pain pills, which are basically heroin.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That is true.  But there would have to be a major cultural change from wanting to  be a real ass n****a to wanting to be a man who happens to be black.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never thought this before, but if all black children were to model after him, our murder and crime rates would drop like a rock

That is true.  But there would have to be a major cultural change from wanting to  be a real ass n****a to wanting to be a man who happens to be black.

Yeah, fuck all that white people shit! Real n***a!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Montel was the talk show shit back in the day.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#27]
It's an act. Don't buy into it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Montel was the talk show shit back in the day.
View Quote

It was entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So what.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty doper fuck!

Clarify?

So what.

Well, I've learned in GD that medical MJ is just a loophole for dirty dopers on welfare to get their Mary Jane fix legally.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

So he served for 22 years to act compassionate for veterans? Or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, I've learned in GD that medical MJ is just a loophole for dirty dopers on welfare to get their Mary Jane fix legally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty doper fuck!

Clarify?

So what.

Next thing you know, it'll be medical ecstasy! That shit has never been used medically! Dirty dopers!

[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I am honestly suprised a bunch of our veterans (I am one btw) have not taken up arms and gone down to Mexico them self. It's complete bull shit that we are allowing them to hold him. Ok I get it, he screwed up and did something stupid. Regardless of why give him the fuck back, and we will take care of it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Born in Baltimore, Maryland, on July 3, 1956, Williams enlisted in the U.S. Marines upon graduating high school in 1974. He took basic training at Parris Island, South Carolina, where he was promoted to platoon guide. After basic training, he was sent to the Desert Warfare Training Center at Twenty-nine Palms, near Palm Springs, California.

While at Twenty-nine Palms, his superiors became impressed with his leadership skills, and he was recommended for, and accepted to, the Naval Academy Preparatory school at Newport, Rhode Island. He completed the one-year course, and was accepted to the U.S. Naval Academy at Annapolis.

When he arrived at Annapolis on July 6, 1976, he was honorably discharged as a corporal from the marines, and enlisted into the navy as a midshipman. While at Annapolis, Williams studied Mandarin Chinese and graduated with a degree in general engineering and a minor in International Security Affairs. It was at Annapolis that Williams first began to shave his head. Upon his graduation in 1980, he became the first black enlisted marine to complete and graduate both the Academy Prep School and Annapolis
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to say, I thought he was a retired Admiral or something.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dirty doper fuck!

Clarify?

I'm not a "legalize it" type guy...but for certain disease I'm ok with it.  Anything "terminal" really. Better than oxy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seemed pretty passionate.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I am honestly suprised a bunch of our veterans (I am one btw) have not taken up arms and gone down to Mexico them self. It's complete bull shit that we are allowing them to hold him. Ok I get it, he screwed up and did something stupid. Regardless of why give him the fuck back, and we will take care of it!
View Quote
Ok, pick me up on your way

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

He Marine stuck in the Mexican prison's fellow squad mates feel like the USA has left a Marine behind.

I tend to agree.

obama has done NOTHING.   White, guns, a Veteran - all things he hates.

Pick up the phone obama, pretend it's a fundraiser.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#39]
AND IT CAME OUT AT THE HEARING TODAY, THAT "PEN AND A PHONE" BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS GIVEN A PHONE CALL TO TAHMOREESI'S MOM YET!!!!!

WHAT AN ASS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Funny... His passion when it comes to Vets doesn't seem like an act to me..

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#41]
All I have to say is I saw him at an IHOP in Ohio once
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Montel's a stand up guy
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

and F-mexico!!!!  they are a horrible neighbor, CUT THE FOREIGN AID to MEXICO, BOYCOTT TOURISM, BOYCOTT THEIR CRAPPY PRODUCTS, PUT SANCTIONS on THEM!!!
View Quote
This is what I thought he was going to add, but chose to mention how much respect he has for the Mex .gov and it`s ppl.  Jon Hammar was days from death when they finally released him. After all we put up with from them, and as much as they cost us. To hell with those third world jack asses.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Glenn Beck seems to respect him.
View Quote
What a horrible thing to say

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glenn Beck seems to respect him.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I wont judge him
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I see you've spent time in CA.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I've flown with him several times. He's always been a gentleman to the crew, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of celebrities...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
AND IT CAME OUT AT THE HEARING TODAY, THAT "PEN AND A PHONE" BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA HAS NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS GIVEN A PHONE CALL TO TAHMOREESI'S MOM YET!!!!!

WHAT AN ASS!!!!!
View Quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but Tahmoreesi wasn't acting in any kind of "official" .mil capacity when he entered Mexico.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top