Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2014 5:38:17 PM EDT
My son really wants it for his birthday. Looks pretty neat.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nephews go full retard over it.... I don't know much about it since they scream it like little bitches and I just leave the room..... And I stepped on one the creatures one night. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Nephew is into it.  Got him the swap force game for the Xbox 1.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
My eight year old son and I have played the last two. They are fun. Be warned you will be buying all the different characters. Some areas can only be accessed by certain types of characters (life,magic,fire, etc. ). They are about $10 a piece. Very kid friendly though. He can play by himself (very easy) and you don't have to worry about the content. How old is your son?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the Skylanders: Spyro and then Skylander Giants... Have not gotten Swap Force or the new one.  It's very family friendly, on par with the LEGO games.

It's a total marketing ploy though... "Oh you need at least one of each type"  But that one is so much cooler, so you need to buy that one. Well, shit Buying two costs as much as getting the three pack... Well fuck, might as well get this new Adventure set at the same time...

While Pokémon was huge, Skylanders and their chip set offer huge advantages, and unlike Disney Infinity, there is an actual story and relatable characters.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My eight year old son and I have played the last two. They are fun. Be warned you will be buying all the different characters. Some areas can only be accessed by certain types of characters (life,magic,fire, etc. ). They are about $10 a piece. Very kid friendly though. He can play by himself (very easy) and you don't have to worry about the content. How old is your son?
View Quote

He is 6. He played with a friend and loves it
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
My 6 yr old loves it, but once he has finished it, he still wants the characters. Fucking shit is the most expensive game you will ever buy for your kids.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Which version should he start with. I was at Walmart and it looks like swap force has more characters.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#8]
My youngest digs it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which version should he start with. I was at Walmart and it looks like swap force has more characters.
View Quote

Swap force was the last one to come out. It was cool because each guy was two parts that you could inter change to make a combo character. So far all the figures have been interchangeable. And in swap force you needed Giants for some of the areas. Yes HUGE marketing ploy. But pretty cool game. I enjoy playing it with him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Swap force was the last one to come out. It was cool because each guy was two parts that you could inter change to make a combo character. So far all the figures have been interchangeable. And in swap force you needed Giants for some of the areas. Yes HUGE marketing ploy. But pretty cool game. I enjoy playing it with him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Gonna pick up swap force later today.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#12]
already burned out on it
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My son really wants it for his birthday. Looks pretty neat.
View Quote

Nephews play it and I bought them a couple of the figures.  It's pretty badass...if I were a kid again I'd def go nuts over it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Son loves it, and I don't mind playing it with him.

Quoted:
Gonna pick up swap force later today.
View Quote

Hold off on that, I've been informed that there's a new set coming out very soon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:37:28 AM EDT
[#15]
New one comes out tomorrow. Even more shit to buy. Now there are traps to capture the villains that you can play as. And they all are a certain element. Sigh...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#16]
yes....   it is really neat but it can get expensive.... every time they want a new character you'll be running to Walmart to spend $10!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top