Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/30/2014 7:47:42 PM EDT
LINK TO LOCAL NEWS

See link for body cam video right up to the point the punk gets shot.  The video is pretty clear and refutes the "mah baby din't do nuffin" claims!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
kid might have been trying to put his hands up
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
oh look, there's a body cam vindicating an officer. good.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Which is why he said "no, fool"  and kept walking away, backwards?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
What would happen to you or me, if we shot someone without seeing a weapon?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're responding to investigate a report of 3 individuals walking around flashing a gun? Interesting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Good shoot.  

PSA  Stop fucking with the uniformed officers.  Just stop it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#10]
wow, suicide by cop..
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you confronting a reported armed burglary suspect who is drunk with active felony warrants that is acting like he is pulling a gun from under his shirt in direct confrontation with a uniformed person?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you confronting a reported armed burglary suspect who is drunk with active felony warrants that is acting like he is pulling a gun from under his shirt in direct confrontation with a uniformed person?

Hmmm, I am not.   So the police have no duty to have a reason to believe that they are in danger before they shoot someone?  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
It won't make any difference in the minds of some, like those in the Ferguson riots.  They make up their minds ahead of them as to what happened and why it happened, and the only thing they'll see or listen to is what agrees with their fantasy scenario or whips them into more of a frenzy.

At least it vindicates the officer in the eyes of the law, but IMO it won't make him any less of a target.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hmmm, I am not.   So the police have no duty to have a reason to believe that they are in danger before they shoot someone?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What part of "reported armed" or "active felony warrants" and "acting like he is pulling a gun from under his shirt" did you miss?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It won't make any difference in the minds of some, like those in the Ferguson riots.  They make up their minds ahead of them as to what happened and why it happened, and the only thing they'll see or listen to is what agrees with their fantasy scenario or whips them into more of a frenzy.

At least it vindicates the officer in the eyes of the law, but IMO it won't make him any less of a target.
View Quote

I am not one to pile on a Law Enforcement Officer, it just seems strange that they fired without seeing any weapon (I did not see any weapon, or anything that looked like a weapon), and I am not trolling at all when I ask, are they able to fire simply because they are afraid of what might be, as opposed to what actually is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What part of "reported armed" or "active felony warrants" and "acting like he is pulling a gun from under his shirt" did you miss?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not any of it.  I read it as you did.  I am wondering though, what would happen to me or any other citizen who is not a LEO, who shot someone because they were afraid of what could be, as opposed to what was really happening.  That is a reasonable question to discuss, isn't it?  As, we all are not LEO's here, but we all carry guns here.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Believing that he had a gun, Cruz follows Taylor with his own gun now drawn. Another officer approaches from the other end of the parking lot. In the video, Cruz can clearly be heard yelling, "Get your hands up now."

As Taylor continued to walk away from the officer and refused to show his hands, Cruz said, "I was 100 percent, 100 percent convinced when I saw him turn around it was gonna be a gunfight. I knew he had that gun, that he'd be trying to kill us."

The officer told investigators that Taylor wasn't just "pulling up his pants" when he had his hands in his waistband.

But even though Cruz said he thought there was about to be gunfire, he said he "wasn't about to shoot him in the back." By the time Taylor turned around and Cruz was forced to fire his weapon, he thought it was already too late.

"I was scared to death. The last thought I had go through my mind when I pulled the trigger, and I'll never forget this … was that I was too late. I was too late. And because of that, I was gonna get killed. Worse, my (partner) was gonna get killed."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believing that he had a gun, Cruz follows Taylor with his own gun now drawn. Another officer approaches from the other end of the parking lot. In the video, Cruz can clearly be heard yelling, "Get your hands up now."

As Taylor continued to walk away from the officer and refused to show his hands, Cruz said, "I was 100 percent, 100 percent convinced when I saw him turn around it was gonna be a gunfight. I knew he had that gun, that he'd be trying to kill us."

The officer told investigators that Taylor wasn't just "pulling up his pants" when he had his hands in his waistband.

But even though Cruz said he thought there was about to be gunfire, he said he "wasn't about to shoot him in the back." By the time Taylor turned around and Cruz was forced to fire his weapon, he thought it was already too late.

"I was scared to death. The last thought I had go through my mind when I pulled the trigger, and I'll never forget this … was that I was too late. I was too late. And because of that, I was gonna get killed. Worse, my (partner) was gonna get killed."

I understand, I am not trying to pin any blame for a bad shoot on the officer, I am trying to figure out what would happen to me, if in my home, I see someone and shoot them, and no weapon is found (Assume no castle doctrine).  If I tell the truth that I was afraid because he had his back turned to me, and I did not want to shoot him in the back, but I shot him as soon as he turned.  What would be the outcome?

If this thread is simply to cheer that the LEO had a good shoot, I am good with that and will back out, if there is something I can learn that I can apply to my own life, thats good to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Meh.... based on what I saw, I probably wouldn't have fired, but who knows. I'm not a cop... Still, I have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That cop had every reason to believe he was in danger. May have been suicide by cop, or the kid may have just been stupid.
Either way, good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#23]
<gets popcorn and pulls up a chair>

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#24]
there are too many problems with body cams to consider them effective.  Why bother having it?

Good shoot.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I understand, I am not trying to pin any blame for a bad shoot on the officer, I am trying to figure out what would happen to me, if in my home, I see someone and shoot them, and no weapon is found (Assume no castle doctrine).  If I tell the truth that I was afraid because he had his back turned to me, and I did not want to shoot him in the back, but I shot him as soon as he turned.  What would be the outcome?

If this thread is simply to cheer that the LEO had a good shoot, I am good with that and will back out, if there is something I can learn that I can apply to my own life, thats good to.
View Quote

Depends on where you live and your local DA.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part in red happens a lot. Property/business owners do it too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Good shoot, yes.

In my earlier post i just meant that maybe the kid saw the cop had a gun drawn, realized "o fuck i better comply to these verbal orders to show my hands," and (fatally) pulled his hands out of his pants
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good shoot.
View Quote

Good enough at least.

That looked like a draw to me.  I'm glad there's more evidence than just an officer saying they saw a furtive movement.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If bullfrogs had wings they would not bump their ass when they jump.

You "what if" has nothing to do with anything that happened in the video.

If you are serious and not a retread then I suggesst you enroll in a local legal class on using a firearm in self defense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

If bullfrogs had wings they would not bump their ass when they jump.

You "what if" has nothing to do with anything that happened in the video.

If you are serious and not a retread then I suggesst you enroll in a local legal class on using a firearm in self defense.

I did an Ayoob class and enjoyed it.  I gather this is not a thread for discussion, I am happy the LEO's are unhurt, thanks for discussing as far as you did.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#32]

One less thug/entrepreneur/such-a-good-boy walking around spewing CO2.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta go with this.

A civilian protecting themselves or their family is not forced into the same situation as a LEO responding to a call to investigate a possible crime.

Looks like a good shoot based on the video.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#35]
It's not worth even trying to discuss this with the folks here in town. Most won't even acknowledge the actions of the kid, they are full of "They should have tazed him" or "Shoot him in the leg" type bullshit, and lets not forget his suicidal FB posts before the incident. It was a good shoot based upon the Utah self defense laws, and the body cam. Fucking people are just stupid.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's not worth even trying to discuss this with the folks here in town. Most won't even acknowledge the actions of the kid, they are full of "They should have tazed him" or "Shoot him in the leg" type bullshit, and lets not forget his suicidal FB posts before the incident.
View Quote

Screen names?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I just saw.
Hooolllee Hell what a dumb shit to put his hands anywhere near his waist band.
He was asking for what he got.  

No fucks given at this point. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's what I just saw.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I just saw.

He knew exactly what he was doing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:45:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like he(dead Kid) made some bad choices. Good shoot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

oh look, there's a body cam vindicating an officer. good.
View Quote

I knew this would be ruled a good shoot after finding out the officer had a body cam and hearing the normally PC-sensitive SLCPD Chief Burbank come out strongly in support of the officer.  Burbank wouldn't have done that if there had been any doubt about the officer's actions.

He had seen the video and knew what the ruling would be.  Good shoot.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you confronted a trespasser in your home who 1) refused to obey your commands and 2) reached into his pants as if to grab something, I have no doubt you'd believe yourself to be in imminent danger.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

The local Moonbat Brigade tried hard to make this into a Ferguson incident, but they didn't get any traction with the normally supportive SLC politicians.  Probably because Burbank showed them the video, too.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#44]
He was makin' a move, he had to get it on
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of you people scare the shit out of me.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Good shoot.

I love cameras.  I love them.  Love them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good shoot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't process anything after "cop."

I'll say it again. GD is the Ferguson of the internet. I'm surprised the ARF store hasn't been looted.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#49]
In before the riots, loads of "hands up don't shoot" signs, and comments about how it isn't safe for black children to walk the streets anymore.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be fucking blind.  Or maybe you're intentionally being obtuse.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top