Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/29/2014 7:43:51 PM EDT
This is strange and difficult to explain, but there are periods of time that I "feel" that I identify with, as if I've been there before.  Kind of like the feeling you get when you return home after a long period away.  For me, it's the 30's and 40's.  I'm 38 but any time I see vintage footage from that period, specifically WWII-era, and more specifically, the European theater.  It's almost as if I remember being there.  Music from that era really brings these feelings out too. I'm sure this is beyond strange to some, but I've spoken to a few others who experience similar "homesickness" for different past history.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, kinda, so to speak.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the idea of it and certainly don't not believe in it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No hocus pocus for me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd sooner believe in Santa Claus.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a Christian and believe what I believe, but it's almost as if the soul can be transplanted into another body for whatever reason.  Like it's in limbo or something, not ready to be judged.  I don't know how to explain what I think.  Ya know?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
A belief system for dealing with shame without true clarity into what is True
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, at least there's 6 other people that are riding the crazy train with me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a Christian and believe what I believe, but it's almost as if the soul can be transplanted into another body for whatever reason.  Like it's in limbo or something, not ready to be judged.  I don't know how to explain what I think.  Ya know?  
View Quote

As a Christian, what does the Christ say about it?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Although I am incredulous of most paranormal phenomena (ghosts/aliens/dowsing etc) I can't help but wonder about reincarnation.  

I also wonder if there is some sort of life energy that we are unaware of that could be transferred from being to being, and if all of this could be tied in with the religious concept of "eternal life."
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A belief system for dealing with shame without true clarity into what is True
View Quote

That's actually interesting.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#12]
You have been watching that silly new show (The Ghost Inside My Child) haven't you?

How do explain the increasing number of people (souls)?

My friend watches that and claims you get to choose when and as what type of person you come back as.  He also claims you get to chart this life so everything in your life that happens you actually planned.  Well, I don't know why anyone would choose to come back as a poor fat ugly person, and choose to chart a shitty life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I don`t disbelieve in it.
The universe is full of wonders, that could be one of them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what you mean, but I also believe the Bible is written with so much interpretation needed, not to mention things that could be or could have been lost in translation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really?

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment" - Heb 9:27

I used to ponder the same thing, and a couple concordance searches showed that the Greek root of the 'man' in that verse deals with the dual flesh + spirit nature of humanity.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I also wonder if there is some sort of life energy that we are unaware of that could be transferred from being to being, and if all of this could be tied in with the religious concept of "eternal life."
View Quote

YES!!!  This is pretty much what I'm failing to put into words.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Really?

"And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment" - Heb 9:27
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Is it conceivable or possible for "man", or the humanly version of man, to die or cease to live, but the soul carry on?  Could that in itself be the judgement?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know what you mean, but I also believe the Bible is written with so much interpretation needed, not to mention things that could be or could have been lost in translation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you would have to believe in the sovereignty of God to ensure His purposed Word goes forth in spite of fallen man.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a difficult early life that left me alone with my thought for long periods of time.  A very early memory, in fact one of my earliest, was looking at the patterns in the cheap wood grain veneer of the wall and being about 90% certain that all this has happened before.  I would make little mental "placeholders" where I would think " ok, if I come back to this point and I am thinking this again, I will know that everything repeats"

I was only four or so, so that made sense at the time, but as I grew older I realized that my plan was impossible, and that was terrifying.  

Probably just holograms created by a brand new brain coming on line.

I gently prod my 5 year old to tell me the first thing he remembers, but not much insight there.  He gets frustrated with my questioning.  Sometimes he will come out with something off the wall like "remember flying kites when I was a baby.". We had never flown kites up to that point, so I write it off as imagination.  Still, he can fabricate some amazing details, if that's what he is doing.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is it conceivable or possible for "man", or the humanly version of man, to die or cease to live, but the soul carry on?  Could that in itself be the judgement?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

Check my edit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Ya i have been dead before, lots of times, and i have also been alive before. No lie.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

The soul does carry on.  It then comes to account for life lived on earth.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Your meds.  Take them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#27]
"Slim - you ain't changed all that much...."

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#28]
No, that's like writing a check to cover the bad one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:11:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yeah, kinda, so to speak.
View Quote

This...

I don't really hang my hat on any given belief, but part of me believes there could be some form of reincarnation.  So maybe?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#30]
YES!  

I'd suggest reading up on Edgar Cayce: A prophet in his own country;  Edgar Cayce's story of the origin and destiny of man;  Edgar Cayce's story of Atlantis.
Gods of Air and Darkness and/or Forbidden Archaeology will make you ponder what you've been taught your whole life.  

Made a believer of me. I was borderline Atheist until I read about Cayce.
I am a firm believer in God, reincarnation and a magnificent "lost" history of man on Earth.

Story time:

I know a many who is a trained hypnotist.  He is very good and has used his ability to help law enforcement agencies solve crimes in several states.
Much of what he does is "regressive" hypnosis.

I used to work with another guy who is now retired.
He had reoccurring dreams of panic and fire, so he asked the hypnotist we knew to hypnotize him to make the dreams stop.

He was hypnotized and the regression began.  While under hypnosis, my co-worker spoke about big planes high in the air dropping bombs on his city.
He was trying to get his wife and children to safety, but everything was burning.

The hypnotist asked him "What else do you see"?   He replied: "I'm Japanese".
True story.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I do.  However, I intend to learn everything I am suppose to in order to not come back...
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#32]
No.

But I do believe in Gunga... gunga da lunga.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope.  I do however believe in resurrection
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Negative.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Not a believer, but it would explain a lot.

Currently, I lean towards some transmission of memory, possibly by DNA.

Doesn't happen often, doesn't happen to everybody, but it does seem to occur every now and then.

Hard to tell, because there are some really talented liars and frauds out there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Lol no
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian Weiss.  Read it.  He has several others in print but this is the first one he wrote.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#39]
IF the stink bugs I've been killing lately are reincarnated suicided bombers then Yes.
Otherwise no.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#40]
[facepalm]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Sure don't.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#43]
No.

Then I heard the story of a kid who had WWII "memories".

The story was made into a book called Soul Survivor. It was heavily covered on all of the usual TV shows.

I read the book. Although the book was atrociously written, the story is haunting.

I believe.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#44]
No.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd sooner believe in Santa Claus.
View Quote

Santa  IS real!

He comes in the form of Mom and Dad, sisters, aunt, friends etc.

Now watcha gonna do?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I believe in recycling.

does that count?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#47]
The buddhist version known as rebirth makes more sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I do.  However, I intend to learn everything I am suppose to in order to not come back...
View Quote

I agree, if I AM going to live again, I dont want to come back to this shithole.

I'll take the 1700s in western North America or maybe 3025 Russia.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#49]
It's really very simple.  

If you want to "live on" have kids.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You have been watching that silly new show (The Ghost Inside My Child) haven't you?

How do explain the increasing number of people (souls)?

My friend watches that and claims you get to choose when and as what type of person you come back as.  He also claims you get to chart this life so everything in your life that happens you actually planned.  Well, I don't know why anyone would choose to come back as a poor fat ugly person, and choose to chart a shitty life.
View Quote
I prefer the term underpaid chubby handsomely challenged feller.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top