Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2001 7:07:23 AM EDT
Anyone here going to the gunshow this weekend in Lakeland ?
Me and my wife will be there on Sunday after I get off at the station.

See Ya there
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be there Saturday with a pocket full of
money and an itch that has to be scratched.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there... spent way too much the last few times I went so I'm going to try not to bring too much $$$ this time... (cash machine right in the building doesn't help)
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I want to but I'm not sure I'm going to get to.  I always miss the better shows! [:(!]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I might just head out there, I'm in Jacksonville, so it's not too far away. The local shows suck, is this one good? I need to pick up some mags, and ammo would be good too!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Going. First weekend had off in a year and been wanting to see the LAkeland show for a while. Is it at the Lakeland Civic Center?
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:19:45 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a good show and is located at the civic center.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I will be there Saturday morning.  If yall want to meet, I will hang by the Food Court at about 10:30.  I will be wearing a black or dark green vest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Lincoln`s Wax:
I might just head out there, I'm in Jacksonville, so it's not too far away. The local shows suck, is this one good? I need to pick up some mags, and ammo would be good too!
View Quote

I heard the shows at the Prime Osbourne center were primo. Not?
Scott
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Sometimes... if they occupy the main show floor, expect a rather large show, but a lot of the ones lately are taking place at Fairgrounds, it's show floor is about 1/2 the size of the Prime. I work 99% of the weekends, so I never get to go to anymore, so I take what I can get, but I went to a fairgrounds show a couple of weeks ago, and it was a total pile of ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lincoln`s Wax:
View Quote

This is the LAKELAND GUN CLUB SHOW one of two a
year and imo the best show in Florida.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will be there Saturday morning.  If yall want to meet, I will hang by the Food Court at about 10:30.  I will be wearing a black or dark green vest.
View Quote

Good idea. To bad we don't have AR15.COM t's.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Wish I could go but I moved from Orlando a couple months ago to West Virginia.   oops I mean Fernandina Beach.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I made the mistake of stopping in at the Ocala show last weekend (2 weekends ago?) and man did it suck... I was on my back from the Ocala range and thought "what the heck"...  Hell, I own more stuff than they had at the whole show!  If any of you guys go to the Ocala show and think that's what a gun show is about take the trip to Lakeland this weekend.

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I was at the one a couple of months ago, man does it hurt to pay $5 for that awful, pitiful, near worthless*, disgusting, embarassing, disgraceful gun show. [puke]

* Ammo/reloading guy was there, he was the only decent person/table there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll be there saturday. Watch for the handsome man in the Corvette T shirt talking to rikwriter. Say hello, I'll let you buy me a $3 diet coke..
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I usually go to the Central Florida shows and thought about going to the Lakeland show to get a little variety, but found out its about 90 minutes from the east coast.

BTW, how are the Lakeland shows compared to the Central Florida shows? If its that much better I just may make the trip.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there on sunday morning, if anyone else is going sunday, let me know and we can meet up !

And for those of you that don't know, this show is the best with 500-600 tables just full of good stuff to spend your money on.

Even Gunsmoke Enterprises was at the last one.
I like going on Sunday so you can get the deals everyone's making to get rid of everything.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Come on guys, someone has to be going on sunday !?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought a postban from Gunsmoke at the Lakeland show last time around... was too cheap to pass up.  Not like I need another AR...

I also licked out and stumbled upon a guy that was getting rid of everything for 50% off of his marked prices... I asked for Mini14 mags and he had a dozen NIW PMI's marked $20 each in a box under the table!  I bought all 12 for $100.  Can't beat that...

Don't forget to check out FAT (Florida Ammo Traders).  Phil always has very fair prices on everything.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top