Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 8:10:06 AM EDT
"What concerns me most about President Obama’s decision to re-engage in Iraq is that it feels as if it’s being done in response to some deliberately exaggerated fears — fear engendered by YouTube videos of the beheadings of two U.S. journalists — and fear that ISIS, a.k.a., the Islamic State, is coming to a mall near you. How did we start getting so afraid again so fast? Didn’t we build a Department of Homeland Security?"

NYT Article
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep. We have DHS. And we hear almost nothing about successes.

FBI, DHS, NSA, if any of them uncover some plot to nuke half the country and stop it 4 seconds before the countdown timer with Jack Bauer leading the charge, we barely hear about it.

They do this because, well, if we knew how many times our asses were saved in the background, then "the people" would freak out. Two, tangos would analyze the failures of others and learn. Three, classified.

Public impression is that the government is "trying" but not good at stopping bad guys. Reality is that anyone with half a brain and a few followers could bring this country to its knees, but they don't, because stuff is happening that we don't see.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't read that article due to concerns over my blood pressure but does the DUMBFUCK editorial even mention that beheading two Americans is a FUCKING ACT OF WAR!!??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top