Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2001 12:49:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree 100%, my father himself was a Vietnam Vet. Fact is that veterans have done more for this country then most people have, plus many have died who's voice will never be heard.

As far as the China thing goes, that crew was faced with a life and death situation, something very few of us/I had ever had to face, so I/we have no right to say what they should have done.

Also, the US and China are currently meeting on this issue and so far the US has taken a very hard line stance on what has happened.  Last I heard the US has cut off talks until the Chinease become more reasonable in their request.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you and I'm a vet. On the China thing, thanks to Klinton we now have a lot of "made in China" crap products in this country. I for one, will do my best to avoid buying any of it. Some good examples for shooting folks are riflescopes, red dot sights etc. Check it out before you buy!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a vet too. DAMN those who have never served and critisized.  If you have never served you have no right to judge what the military is or does.  People are so stupid.  Without a strong military we would be like France in WWII, South Vietnam, and Kuwait.  INVADED!  Candy-asses.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Bob Kerry?  AlGore?  What about the other liberal vets?
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:45:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bob Kerry?  What about the other liberal vets?
View Quote

James Corvell (sp)
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
AKsRule,My uncle was a survivor of Battan.Tell hear he thought it was great.Just like club med.
He was just rolling in the benifits in his latter years.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a vet too. DAMN those who have never served and critisized.  If you have never served you have no right to judge what the military is or does.  People are so stupid.  Without a strong military we would be like France in WWII, South Vietnam, and Kuwait.  INVADED!  Candy-asses.
View Quote

I agree, except for one thing. I don't think it's the military, as much as the "militia" that keeps us from being invaded. One of the commie pricks is on record as saying such. If it were not for the millions of guns in private hands, and invasion of the US would have occured a long time ago.

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:20:18 AM EDT
[#8]
[b] "In a war, you will die like a dog for no good reason." [/b]
``Ernest Hemingway
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Vets are the reason we aren't speaking German on this board right now! Dad was a vet. WWII I was too puny to qualify for Vietnam (4F) so I went to work for the Army for about 25 years.  Had a couple of years of ROTC in college built some PRC77's during Vietnam.  I like the way the Army organizes things, but I hate the way it treats it's hardest workers (grunts & etc.) Way too much politics, but tell that to the guys who took the same hill 3 and 4 times in Vietnam.
TF
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Davis F150

I have never said anything bad about the military and I respect the sacrifices they have and continue to make for us. My father and brother are both vetrans. That said,  I don't agree with your comment,"If you have never served you have no right to judge what the military is or does".  Our constitution states that we have the right to free speach. I agree that peolpe shouldn't judge things they don't know about but they should be able to voice concerns that they have.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:50:15 AM EDT
[#11]
We need to outfit those "Spy Planes" with some sidewinders!!! That would show those commie punks![;D]
Thank you to every vet who ever served this great nation! [red]USA[/red],[white]USA[/white],[blue]USA[/blue]! God Bless You!
Lynn  [sniper]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Did I miss something?  What war were the airmen who were held in China participants of?  Wouldn't that make them servicemen rather than veterans?  And what's with
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I'm a vet too. DAMN those who have never served and critisized. If you have never served you have no right to judge what the military is or does. People are so stupid. Without a strong military we would be like France in WWII, South Vietnam, and Kuwait. INVADED! Candy-asses.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since when does it take personal experience to make a distinction between right and wrong?  By this logic only murderers and pedophiles should judge each other, rather than a law-abiding juror.  France and S. Vietnam candy-a**es?  Remember the '60s anti-war protests?  Remember Peru's Sendero Luminoso?  The ChiComs don't march in with redcoats on for you to aim at.  Think about that.

Link Posted: 4/19/2001 6:55:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Now my rant mode is on - - after two years in the Nam to include waking up to the Tet offense in 68, I returned to gutless, puss sucking maggots who looked at my friends and I as scum. These are the same whinning dogs that elected the Klinton, rage about the evils of the military, police, and oh the horror of it, the militias. These are the same bootlicking slime who will cheer if guns are ban, support fags and promote nambla as a grreat organization.

I for one wouldn't walk across the street to piss on them if they were on fire.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Take a look around.....
EVERYTHING that we in the U.S. have surrounding us,is because of some poor guy putting his life BEHIND that of those he gave a damn for.
Those that bitch can relocate somewhere else and bitch.The right to bitch came from the blood of a grunt.The VCR from China...came from the blood of a grunt.The French and Brits lifestyle came from the blood of a U.S. Grunt.
The politicians that wish to cut benefits to veterans owe their dope smoking,beer swilling existence to the selflessness of the U.S. GRUNT!
The toilet paper that the liberals use to wipe their pathetic butts with is 2 ply,simply because a Grunt fought for what was right.
The China thing is no news to those that have served.The WORLD wants what we have,and have fought for in the past,and only the GRUNT keeps things that way.
Come Memorial day,say a thanks to those who would do what the many would not,and remember that freedom is not free.
We owe it all to so few.
And still,there will be those that line up to serve.Regardless of the thanks.
E4E
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#15]
 Thanks, vets.  We remember the fallen on Memorial Day, it's not 'go to the beach' weekend around my house.  Veteran's Day should be a holiday ONLY for the veterans, not sale day at the dept store, China's profit day.  Thank you for your service to our country.
 God Bless this Republic!
  Death to the New World Order!
   We shall prevail!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By t rex:
Now my rant mode is on - - after two years in the Nam to include waking up to the Tet offense in 68, I returned to gutless, puss sucking maggots who looked at my friends and I as scum. These are the same whinning dogs that elected the Klinton, rage about the evils of the military, police, and oh the horror of it, the militias. These are the same bootlicking slime who will cheer if guns are ban, support fags and promote nambla as a grreat organization.

I for one wouldn't walk across the street to piss on them if they were on fire.
View Quote

And I wouldn't blame you one bit for walking across the street and pissing on them cuz they're NOT on fire. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#17]
I work with Vets all the time. I help them get jobs and training benifits. You will sometimes run into a jerk but 9 times out of 10 they are fine. I am not a Vet, but I have the utmost respect for all Vets. And like others have said this county would not be what it is today with out or VETERANS!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[b] "In a war, you will die like a dog for no good reason." [/b]
``Ernest Hemingway
View Quote

"Hahaha... NO! We will not die like dogs.... WE WILL FIGHT LIKE LIONS!!! because we are....... THE THREE AMIGOS!!!!!!" [:)]

Sorry, I was in the mood to make a stupid post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I know man, I was kidding around too~~~I hope Hemingway was NOT a liberal and that quote won't make peeps think I am LIB cause I aint!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#20]
AKsRule-  Now you know a little bit of what it feels like to be a cop.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck all you veterans.   No one cares about you.

Now you know what it's like to be a BLACK MAN.

I lost a police job to a veteran JUST BECAUSE he was a vet.  He was serving our country while I was selling crack on the streets... BUT, why should I be counted as less of a man???

Power to the New Black Panther Party.

www.blackpanther.org
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck all you veterans.   No one cares about you.

Now you know what it's like to be a BLACK MAN.

I lost a police job to a veteran JUST BECAUSE he was a vet.  He was serving our country while I was selling crack on the streets... BUT, why should I be counted as less of a man???
View Quote

WTF does that mean????? WTF does being black have anything to do with vets. I can assure you more jobs are given to less qualified blacks because of EOE bullshit then vets. BTW, do you really think there are no BLACK VETS!?!?!?! Are you stupid or just ignorant?

So fuck you too, then. You can go fight your own damn wars. Military and cops alike get paid PISS wages, have long hours and dangerous duty. You are saying "Fuck you" to me?!?!? I have been SHOT AT earning my measly-ass $10,000 a year, after taxes which I still have to pay, and others making less have DIED for this country, namely for assholes like you who don't give a fuck about them.

You and your black pussies can kiss my military veteran ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't know, a lot of recent "vets" I know--people who served but not in any wartime capacity, are very anti-gun.  They have been led to believe that it is somehow wrong for mere civilians to own guns.  I find this to be especially true with women who have served.  The PC Army!  Wonderful.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#24]
**Throws a frag grenade at the guy impersonating our Imbroglio****BOOM!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#25]
For what it's worth,I'm a Vet. U.S.M.C.1975-1979.But that and $1.00 will get you a cup of coffee down at the 7-11. I read alot on this thread about "my brother did this or my father did that". If you weren't in the military please don't comment,just go to the other threads and read about AR-15's.It makes you sound like a bunch of wanna-bes.Thankyou.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I am proud to be a vet. I served my country with Honor and dignity.
Glad we finally got rid of that draft dodger puke.

My Flags fly Daily.

Molon Labe
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cible, dude, I don't know how you meant that comment (it's too late in the day for much brain power for me). So please don't take this as a flame.

But Bob Kerry was my Senator and Gov. before I moved to Co. from Nebr.

Yes, he has definate left leanings and I diagree with him on just about everything. But, as I'm sure you must know, he lost a leg in 'Nam and was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. Liberal or not, he is a bonofide American Hero.

We just can't say that about that other guy, can we? [;)]

PS. In case you can't tell. I have nothing but respect for Bob Kerry. Something I can't say about most other liberal politicans.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#28]
THE GREATEST HAPPINESS IS TO
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES AND DRIVE THEM
BEFORE YOU.  TO SEE HIS CITIES
REDUCED TO ASHES. TO SEE THOSE
WHO LOVE HIM SHROUDED IN TEARS.
AND TO GATHER TO YOUR BOSOM HIS
WIVES AND DAUGHTERS.
GENGHIS KHAN, 1226
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did I miss something?  What war were the airmen who were held in China participants of?  Wouldn't that make them servicemen rather than veterans?  
View Quote

Actually, no.. it makes them Vets. Anyone who has served in the Armed Forces are considered Veterans.

Aviator
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

But Bob Kerry was my Senator and Gov. before I moved to Co. from Nebr.

Yes, he has definate left leanings and I diagree with him on just about everything. But, as I'm sure you must know, he lost a leg in 'Nam and was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor. Liberal or not, he is a bonofide American Hero.
View Quote

IIRC in the last campaign he was in, bob kerry ran a commercial showing a full auto AK47 firing with the voice over stating how proud he was that he helped ban "assault weapons".  Being a vietnam vet he would definitely know the difference between "assault weapon" and "assault rifle". In other words he blatantly lied.

IMO he is just as much a traitor as john mccain and the rest of the MMM/brady bunch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#32]
YES I AM A  F*@%$*G  VETERAN. RETIRED NAVY. anyone that has a problem with that can kiss my .....ok, i gotta relax. not a lot of you guys really spoke bad about us Vets. and for that we all thank you.

there was a guy a few months ago at work that said that we dont deserve the bennies that we get. this s.o.b. wasnt even a citizen, working in this country with his f'n green card, getting benefits from federal and state because of the number of his damned kids (they didnt teach him birth control in his shit country. except for: lights off-insert penis), and he had the f'n nerve to say what he did. i almost beat this loser to a bloody, fatty, broken-english speaking pulp. but since i was at work, and being the professional that i am, i reminded him that without the sacrifice of service Men/Women, he would have had no country to go to because America couldnt have been what She is.   i also whispered in his wax plugged ear so no one else can hear, "if you say anything like that again, in front of any American, i WILL kill you and send you back to your coffee bean growing country in fertilizer-sized pieces."

after which i told all the other Vets that work in the plant about what he said. now the asshole cant even look at us directly. i hope he quits soon because i cant stand his presence.
the prick...
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#33]
I did four years,
got five medals,
three ribbons,
a bunch of CerComs
and got out with full tuition and medical
benefits. I admit these are all things I like very much, but I had no guarantee of getting any of that stuff when I enlisted.
I just wanted to do it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Those who have a hard-on for vets generally fit one (or more) of the following categories:

1) Physically incapable of joining the military.

2) Mentally incapable of joining the military.

3) Joined the military, but couldn't hack it; got a DD, BC, UOTHC or General discharge.

4) Chelsea Clinton.

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Redray, you get upset with people who don't share your opinion?  Do you live in a cabin in the woods, or do you get in a lot of fights?  Just curious...
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm a veteran. I served from 88-92 in the 82nd Abn, Infantry.  I deployed to Panama for "Just Cause" and later to Saudi/Iraq for "Desert Shield/Storm"  I'm god damn proud of my service and no one can take that away from me.  To all the supporters of vets, Thank you.

"For those who have defended it, freedom has a flavor the protected shall never know"
I don't know who wrote that, but I've always liked it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Im in the Navy and have roughly the same job as that crew did. If I was in thier situation, I wouldnt want a commendation. You dont get awarded for getting caught. Now, that doesnt mean that these arent brave individuals who went through alot of shit, but we are out there defending our country all the time, we know full well the risks we take.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#38]
My sides split when I hear libs saying: "They only do it for the benefits or the retirement package". If they benefits and the pay and the awards are so great, why the hell did I ever Echo Tango Suitcase (that is slang for ets, which translated to civilian means get the hell on out of the military when your enlistment ends). BTW, I guess that those in Washington up on the hill are doing it for the love of their country and not for the retirement package, benefits, pay and public recognition! As for the "award" issue, I will be the first to submit a recommendation for award/citation if no one else will. Yes, they were "just doing their jobs", but they did their job under circumstances which could have resulted in a much nastier result than what we are currently faced with. They did their job in a way that brings great credit upon themselves, their unit(s), their respective branches of service, and this fine country. A medal doesn't always mean that you took a round in the heat of battle, or single-handedly destroyed all of the enemies forces in battle. It does mean that you did a very good thing that was critical to the success of the mission and the preservation of lives and equipment in pursuit thereof. If that is not worth a medal, I do not know what is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't know that they did anything heroic. However they were in a life and death situation, placed in that situation because they volunteered to serve the country, and us. They survived, the flight crew showed skill in saving the $80,000,000.00 aircraft. The acted honorably while being illegally detained. They did what they were supposed to do under trying circumstamces. We should THANK THEM.

As far as the how/what/when/where of their landing... DO you really think they were not in contact with higher ups? If they were given orders/SOP to do what they did and the orders/SOP were not illegal they were duty bound to follow the orders/SOP.

Why didnt they have "little friends"? maybe not right there but within shouting distance??

They/U.S. probably expected that China would act according to international la in regards to the situation it caused. The aircraft should have been Soveriegn U.S. Territory when it landed because of the emergency status. The Chinese did not have a right to enter the aircraft or detain the crew. Maybe those of you upset by the crew should re-focuses your anger...

Also supposedly the other J-8 pilot asked to get a green light to splash the EP-3 after his wingman ran his plane into the prop, permission denied. Do you really think that after making that request he would just let them fly into the sunset???

Remember in war/conflict you win by making the other guy die for his country/cause. You dont try and make him run outta bulletts by exposing your head to fire......
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#41]
How can you possibly hate people who gave you your freedoms and such a high price? Anyone with such an attitude should have to volunteer in some of the extended care facilities for veterans and see how many have suffered YEARS AND YEARS for them to say such selfish and stupid things. GROW UP!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#42]
sounds like its all been said already. God bless America.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

for records of algores service, look no further that the tromix "shits and giggles" page.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a Veteran(US Army), and I agree totally with REDRAY. While the people who live in this country have the right to free speech (even if they say something as assinine as "Rangemaster"'s last remark to REDRAY), the people in this country need to remember just who is out there protecting your rights. If you've never served this country or its' people, you have NO right to criticize those of us who do, or have. (No flame suit needed, because no POS, Candy-assed jackass can do ME any harm.) Besides, in case you people who don't like us haven't yet noticed, we veterans stick together, and I know I've got far better company with them than a "non" veteran will ever know.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Actually that first Imbroglio sounds more like the old original Imbroglio.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:21:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Although I'm not a vet...I tried to be one.  Went to Pennsecola (sp)(1974) to try to become a Navy Pilot candidate...they didn't want/need me then.  Was a LE for years and by far the best quality rookies were vets..I never found a one you couldn't depend on!  They could all shoot, could think and reason under pressure,  and weren't afraid to get into the crap.  Give me a vet for a partner anytime...They deserve whatever perks (if any) they receive. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:44:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I am a vet, 68-70, To serve your country is the highest honor that one can do. Reguardless of what you did, you did it for the love of this country. Its not for the low pay, or the glory of battle. Its to say that your country needed you and you stood up to be counted. Unless you have been in the service, you can only voice your opinions, you can't walk the walk.
To All Veterern, there is a poster available:
To Those Who Served
[url]http://pub49.ezboard.com/fthefirearmsforumfrm29.showMessage?topicID=24.topic[/url]

Ron
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Melonpopper, there's room in that little cabin for the both of you!  If you think you or Redray have some inane right to physically attack someone because of their personal beliefs, I sure wouldn't want you in my squad! You don't exhibit the self control of a treefrog.  And one certainly needn't be in the "federal militia" to serve his country.  Look at some of the activists on this board!  They are preserving YOUR right to walk and talk your opinion, and many of them haven't served a day.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Every time you pull the trigger on your AR-15--

THANK A VET!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#50]
The fact is we owe the vets, simple as that.  If someone doesn't respect veterans for what they had to deal with leave this country.  You don't deserve your citizenship.  Go to some piece of shit latin american country where the citizens don't give a fu*K about their country, there is piss in the streets, no one pays there taxes and the cops are all crooked.  These vets payed dearly to give us the society we live in.  If you don't respect them then you deserve the reward they earned so go to a country where people don't care and see if you like it there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top