Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/1/2014 11:09:21 AM EDT

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. We now return to our previously scheduled programming.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It.

Never.

Stops.
EVER.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Good thing Uncle Sam has your back by preventing you from putting a muffler on your muzzle (unless you are willing and able to wait one year, put up with a nazi-style registration process, and pay an asinine tax.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#5]
The voices in my head are the only thing I can hear above the ringing in my ears.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:18:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder how many fans I have worn out since 1984?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The voices in my head are the only thing I can hear above the ringing in my ears.
View Quote

Mine is acting up pretty bad lately, didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

I know.  I don't usually notice it til bedtime though...
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
I go through one every year or two, it seems

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]
WHAT!?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWHATEEEEDIDEEEEEYOUEEEEEESAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't found a fan loud enough that doesn't blow away everything in the room not fully secured.  

edit - even the four fans on the Herc don't kill it.  Ringing was loud enough when I departed active duty I could hear it over the flight deck noise during formation low-level.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#13]
mine not too bad, it hasn't affected my daily life yet.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't hear the voices anymore.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#15]
That's really not funny.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#16]
It usually gets drowned out by background noise, and becomes bearable.

Then some jackass has to go and bring it up and now it is magnified x87!

Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It usually gets drowned out by background noise, and becomes bearable.

Then some jackass has to go and bring it up and now it is magnified x87!

Thanks a lot!
View Quote

Your avatar needs moar flame thrower.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank You Drill Sergeant Faison for making us take our earplugs out on the Live fire & Maneuver range At Ft Benning AIT in January 1979.

I was AG on the 60, My ears were in screaming pain for a week after that, the tinnitus never left.

I've made a lot of mistakes to compound it along the way since then, but on that day, it began.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all. We now return to our previously scheduled programming.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I just love it when it is very very quiet.  

I have my own symphony, ok maybe only the bells, but they're all mine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Mild case here. Mostly drowned out  but do need a fan/white noise to sleep at night.
I always keep a box of disposable foam ear plugs in my garage or a handful (new in package)in my shooting bag yet it never fails to amaze me when I offer them to people who turn them down.
I always tell them I have a little hearing damage and dont want it to get worse as I offer them a set.
They usually reply with some variation on how they have super ears that dont get affected by loud noise.

Whatevs bro. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG,ETC.

Then for the rest of the day they go around asking you to repeat your self.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#24]
For anyone reading this who doesn't have tinnitus - wear your damn ear pro.
And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we some of us listen to 24/7.  American Tinnitus Association.
I have something close to example 1 in one ear, and example 2 in the other.  Really, really loud.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#26]
asshole
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Mine comes and goes. It's not real bad (yet).
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Example 1 for me. I can't hear example 2 at all so maybe that's it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#29]
When I was growing up ear pro was either cotton balls or Dad's cigarette filters shoved in my ears.      Fortunately now, my hearing aids help to cover the tinnitus.

I use molded plugs now, and add muffs when shooting big rifles. I can't afford to lose any more hearing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#30]
if you don't have it you don't want it. It can get really severe and go beyond being just a nuisance. Protect your ears while shooting.

If you've got it there are some triggers you may be able to eliminate to minimize the effects.

Caffeine

Smoking

Alcohol

Stress

Common pain killers like aspirin ibuprofin etc.

High blood pressure

Managing the coffee and alcohol intake has had a significant effect for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#31]
WHAT?!?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

I don't even notice it unless I think about it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

At your age that's not by accident.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#34]

It sucks but I love loud booms.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It.

Never.

Stops.
EVER.

View Quote
Mines intermittent.

So, of course, my yearly hearing tests are perfect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#36]
yup ^^

I think it has something to do with my blood pressure, sometimes its way worse than others
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we listen to 24/7.  American Tinnitus Association.

I have something close to example 1 in one ear, and example 2 in the other.  Really, really loud.    
View Quote

Mine's mostly example 2, both ears...but it rarely hits both at the same time, and it usually comes in sharp and loud out of nowhere but peters out after a short while (anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds)

Thank god it's not constant...and I can count the number of times I've not had earpro on when a shot went off nearby on two hands
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

NOPE
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

It.

Never.

Stops.
EVER.

View Quote

FRNI

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#40]
The thing I hate most is that each ear has its own tone, and they do the atonal dissonance thing in the fucking middle of my head
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The thing I hate most is that each ear has its own tone, and they do the atonal dissonance thing in the fucking middle of my head
View Quote

You must learn to embrace the atonal dissonance.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Mine's mostly example 2, both ears...but it rarely hits both at the same time, and it usually comes in sharp and loud out of nowhere but peters out after a short while (anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds)

Thank god it's not constant...and I can count the number of times I've not had earpro on when a shot went off nearby on two hands
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And for reference, go to this site for examples of what we listen to 24/7.  American Tinnitus Association.

#'s 4 thru 8 cricket!! but a little lower in tone.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes I can't distinguish between the voices in my head and my wife's incessant gibberish
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote
But I have to guess at what they're telling me...

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It.

Never.

Stops.

EVER.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Example 1 for me. I can't hear example 2 at all so maybe that's it.
View Quote

As they age, most people lose the ability to hear very high frequency sounds at some point.  It happens gradually and most of the time they would never notice.

It is normal, but something to monitor from time to time.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same here
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

+87 quadrillion

Fucking peachy, isn't it?

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I had to buy a sound machine from Brook Stone just so I could fall asleep.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#50]
FUCK!!!!!!!! YOU!!!!!!!!! OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DIDN'T NOTICE IT UNTIL THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!! DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top