Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2014 8:09:36 AM EDT

She writes:

I'm looking for a laptop bag. Either backpack or messenger bag. That will comfortably carry and protect 2 laptops.

Requirements I have are extreme durability dedicated room/pouches for 2 laptops, and room for a bunch of gear. I carry screw drivers, multitools, a CD case, a laptop cooler, 1-2 mice, headphones, an external hard drive, and other gear. I’d also like this bag to be able to hold a hefty Math book or two. I’d like to find something reasonably priced but something that will last a few quarters of school. I am clumsy and in a hurry most of the time so I would like my equipment to be as protected as possible.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
My little Pony, a pink one.

Sports Authority should have what you need. Use it will their 20% coupon
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G0KQKLC?pc_redir=1407701506&robot_redir=1
I have the non laptop holder version of this and it holds up extremely well. Downside for her is it's not too girly. Lifetime warrenty though
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.galls.com/511-tactical-wingman-patrol-bag#.U-pCRmOwWSo
I use this but it may be too big for what she is looking for. It definitely has the space and features she mentioned. Ive used it for 4 years now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
That's some hefty requirements for a messenger bag.  I would suggest a rolling hard case, like a Pelican, instead of a backpack, and those cases last forever.  I commonly carry a similar amount of gear as a field engineer and that's what I have.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics of daughter to assess proper sizing of bag?

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]
You arent going to find a bag that meets all of those requirements.  Plus its a waste of money getting something so specialized.  Buy some thick neoprene pads for the laptops, buy some thick packing cubes, and get a good large pocket backpack.  Much more useful and customizable.

I recomend the Kelty Red Wing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:27:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She writes:

I'm looking for a laptop bag. Either backpack or messenger bag. That will comfortably carry and protect 2 laptops.
Requirements I have are extreme durability dedicated room/pouches for 2 laptops, and room for a bunch of gear. I carry screw drivers, multitools, a CD case, a laptop cooler, 1-2 mice, headphones, an external hard drive, and other gear. I’d also like this bag to be able to hold a hefty Math book or two. I’d like to find something reasonably priced but something that will last a few quarters of school. I am clumsy and in a hurry most of the time so I would like my equipment to be as protected as possible.
View Quote

Makes no sense at all on the requirements.  Why?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I destroy backpacks.

I have used the one at the below link daily for 2.5 years. It has held up impressively.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a large Targus bag that would work. It will hold 2 laptops in their own area.

I Think I have an older version of this one: http://targus.com/US/17_3-citygear-messenger-tcg200
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#11]
The last dual laptop backpack she will ever buy.  A bit spendy when you add in the brain cells for the laptops, but you get what you pay for.  Their warranty and reputation is outstanding.  

http://www.tombihn.com/backpacks/TB0104.html

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

She writes:

She's a woman and an engineering student.  Not everything she wants will make sense.

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#13]
LL Bean usually has nice backpacks and they're guaranteed for life.  Anything goes wrong with it, ever, send it back and they'll send you a new one.  They are all I ever used in school.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:58:50 AM EDT
[#14]
There are probably others, but reasonably priced + durability = Jansport.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
She's a woman and an engineering student.  Not everything she wants will make sense.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She writes:

I sometimes carry two laptops. You're not going to find a bad that's designed to do it*, you want to get a sleeve for the second one and use that to protect it, and the built in sleeve for the one you're using. My current backpack is a Targus; but I honestly don't use it very much, only when I want to carry a lot of stuff. (It was also for a 17" work laptop that I don't have anymore)

I've got a Timbuk2 bag for work, it's not big enough for more than 1 laptop and MAYBE a book, IMO. You need a pretty big bag to carry 2, and the Timbuk2 messenger bags just aren't.

You'll also need to know what size computer we're talking about. Your selections vary depending on what you've got. Anything even large-ish also eliminates Timbuk2, my 15.6 work laptop doesn't fit well enough for me to actually use the sleeve built in. (It fits, but barely, so I put my other stuff in the laptop sleeve so I don't have to fight it).

*ETA: Apparently they do make such a thing. I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#16]
What I've been using for the last few years that has stood up really well is a Maxpedition Falcon II 2 main compartments with cargo areas in both and a compartment on the back that will fit a 14" laptop or I use it for my tablet and my ccw pistol in a velcro holster as it has velcro points on the inside.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/FALCON-II-BACKPACK-109p110.htm
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#17]
There are not that many bags that are designed to carry two laptops with internal protection. She may want to look at a dual enclosure one with a single laptop compartment and then just get a soft laptop case to wrap the other computer in.

I've had my DaKine bag since 2005 and it still looks brand new. I used it in college, and for a lot of business travel now, and it is very functional, comfortable, good zippers, and lots of pockets, I think it was $80.

There are lots of girly designs on some of them that she might like, but there are also plain solid colors of a lot of them that are more professional looking.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#18]

THIS. Lifetime warranty. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#19]
This bag might work, its very durable with good number of pockets

Link Posted: 8/12/2014 12:28:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Oakley Kitchen Sink

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top