BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2014 4:07:28 PM EDT
http://www.petinsurancereview.com/

Get some to insure your Pet in case of Expensive Vet Bills
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
We should have mandatory health insurance for our pets, including birth control and abortions.

We'll call it ClintonCare.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the approximate cost?  

I'm not giving my email or phone number just to have an insurance salesman calling me for the next 6 months.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ours is $50 an month for a Newfoundland.  Huge dog with potentially HUGE vet bills.  I don't regret paying the insurance. Cost is based on breed and size.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is the approximate cost?  

I'm not giving my email or phone number just to have an insurance salesman calling me for the next 6 months.  
View Quote
I signed up online.  I've NEVER gotten a phone call.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
We bought a plan for our Jack Rusell through Banfield (the vet clinic in PetSmart).   The one near us has some great vets and he is a old bad-ass who always gets himself into trouble (the dog), so we got him covered.  $50.00 a month for the best plan they have.  Last year, it saved us about $800 because he cannot stop chasing/killing rats and opossums in our yard.

This year is a wash, as his expenses (so far) have not been so high.

Don't buy directly through Banfield, unless you really like the vets and staff.  Otherwise, get one of the other plans.

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Lonnie Dog is half rat terrier and half dachshund.  For a dog that jumps up and down off the sofa all day, pet insurance was a must.  It's already paid for itself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I had insurance through the AKC for my husky. It was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. Oh your dog was sick once before you had insurance? Claim denied due to previous conditions. Oh sorry we don't cover vaccinations or regular checkups.

Do your research. Pet insurance has one of the worst reputations out there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We should have mandatory health insurance for our pets, including birth control and abortions.

We'll call it ClintonCare.
View Quote

No, we will call it BitchCare in honor of clinton.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top