Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2014 10:14:19 AM EDT
During the panic buy we had 144 BCG's on the loading dock from the vendor in Ct

They make Colts BCG's or some contract run for them too.

I talked to my contact I made in shipping, he gave me the UPS tracking number, my card was charged.

We set in and started finishing all the AR's those BCG's were going in.

We don't build until all parts are on site usually, completed AR's take up more secure storage than just storing receivers securely.

Well that night I tracked my package and see it never left the shipping dock.

I called my guy there in the morning and he said your stuff was packed, labeled and on the dock waiting for UPS pick up.

He said the Colt rep walked in there and demanded 10K BCG's he was "promised"  (<-- he wasn't)

The higher ups in the company were scared they would lose Colt so they gave him everyone's orders that were supposed to be shipped that day.

According to my guy in that company there were at least 50 orders of BCG's on that dock.

He got them to me 2 weeks later, he stashed them in his office and I drove up and picked them up.

Talk about pissed off?

I ran into a few other guys there picking up orders and the same thing happened to them.

The Golden rule to big corps is

"who ever has the gold makes the rules"

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you been drinking?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that the golden rule for, well, life?

From their point of view, they could survive if they lost you as a customer, probably not so much if they lost colt.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Definite CSB.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#4]
that was a very challenging read
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From their point of view, they could survive if they lost you as a customer, probably not so much if they lost colt.
View Quote
Yep but they lost a lot more than me that day, I made it a point to help a lot of guys use the same new vendor I found after that.

Colt dumped them soon after too.

They chose unwisely

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Name of vendor?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yep but they lost a lot more than me that day, I made it a point to help a lot of guys use the same new vendor I found after that.
They chose unwisely

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They chose unwisely

Are they still in business? If not, economic darwinism has succeeded.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Name of vendor?
View Quote

I see this thread fizzled out....
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They chose unwisely

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They chose unwisely

Maybe the quality of the parts were not up to par.  There was a LOT of rushed manufacturing during the panic and quality suffered quite a bit because of it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like they have bad business practices.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a few Colt BCGs to sell to you if you need them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#14]

I can't tell for sure, but is the OP whining about something that turned out to be a non-issue?

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]
You know, I had the exact same thing happen.  A company (to remain unnamed) reneged on my order during the panic.  I hear it happened to a lot of people.  I still lay awake most nights crying
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top