Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/9/2014 6:54:26 PM EDT
I officially apologize for every time I've mocked Cali residents about living in a communist utopia. This place is beautiful. My wife and I are vacationing in San Francisco and we just drove up Hwy 1 to the Russian River. I had no clue that places like this existed. I hate to say it, but maybe Texas isn't the greatest place in the world?

JK, Texas is still number 1!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you had the opportunity to visit Oakland?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've driven hwy 1 several times. Very beautiful.

I clicked this thread looking for a 13er.

I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The fuck is wrong with you?!?!?

Just visit and keep your guns and freedom (for the time being )!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You didn't head east along the Russian to Guerneville did you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The bay area is awesome!  

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The bay area is awesome!  

View Quote

Minus the people, I love it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a lot of great stuff in California.  Shame it's so fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]
There is great stuff everywhere.  It fades eventually and it just becomes a place like every other.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

yep there are a lot of awesome places in CA, and a lot of them outside of the Democrat strongholds of the state. It really should be split up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The bay area is awesome!  

Neutron bombs.  Just saying'.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Traitor
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Good riddance
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I did, I thought that was just as pretty as the coast.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I officially apologize for every time I've mocked Cali residents about living in a communist utopia. This place is beautiful. My wife and I are vacationing in San Francisco and we just drove up Hwy 1 to the Russian River. I had no clue that places like this existed. I hate to say it, but maybe Texas isn't the greatest place in the world?

View Quote

CA is a fantastic place to visit, the central part is a decent R stronghold. Scenery along the coast outrageous. Now get out of your rental and hold a few conversations with the locals.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The only problem with California is that it is full of Californians.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Everything is fun on vacation... Give it a few days, months, weeks... Let reality set in. Back to TX you will go
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only problem with California is that it is full of Californians.
View Quote

That about covers it.

I offer $5 for these "guns" you speak of selling OP.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Believe it or not but you can still own firearms in California, just not all of them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No argument there. I asked that as a joke because their unofficial motto is: Guerneville, where the men are men...and so are the women.

I have spent time in Jenner at the mouth of the Russian as well as up the coast in the Mendocino area. Hard to beat the scenery. Can't stand the politics.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#20]
It was really nice 40 years back before all the fureighners filled it up..
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Ah the land of fruits and nuts. Please, by all means leave me your guns and your freedom. In fact I'm just one state away. I might even pay shipping.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll give you $250 for that beat to shit Glock 19.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Why would you have to sell your guns to move to California?

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

No one wants to put bullet buttons on their rifles?  And what is the handgun magazine limit there?  I don't think I own a gun with a magazine that holds less than 13 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#25]
We, the right minded 41% of California (that's about 16 MILLION of us), welcome you....please don't forget to register to vote.

Please BRING your guns....Contrary to what you might read on ARF, we, the people, like them.  Bullet buttons cost $15, and take 10 minutes to install / uninstall.  Unfortunately, your standard capacity mags and suppressors are another story
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck you then... Just go. We won't miss you and your Prius.  Maybe you can give an AAR on the size of Nancy pelosi's cock.

Or if you come back to your senses, then get home safely..
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good riddance
View Quote

Listen here 14er. You just pipe down and try to avoid bath salts, beastiality and whatever other weird shit you Floridians get up to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Why sell anything just keep your mouth shut about what you have.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll give you $250 for that beat to shit Glock 19.
View Quote

If you ever see me carrying (let alone owning) a Glock, knock the shit outta me and take it! I've got a couple of beat to shit Sigs and M&Ps though...
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Will you sell your guns to me?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Grandma's house precariously clung to the rocks over the Russian River, gorgeous country, great climate, more bat shit crazy people per capita than a mental hospital.

It'd take a massive amount of money, or a hell of a societal shift for me to do more than visit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Hi OP.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

yep there are a lot of awesome places in CA, and a lot of them outside of the Democrat strongholds of the state. It really should be split up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're working on it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Do you know why California got all the druggies and weirdos, and Colorado got all the Texans?

California got first pick.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
They're working on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're working on it.

Been working on it since the state was founded. Ain't gonna happen...
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Caly is a beautiful place with some really cool people.  I should know, I was raised there.  And there is no way in hell I am moving back unless I can bring my guns.  Soooooooo..... guess I'll go back when hell freezes over.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Beauty isn't worth giving up your rights. I'll visit, but I'll live where I can have my rights.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No one wants to put bullet buttons on their rifles?  And what is the handgun magazine limit there?  I don't think I own a gun with a magazine that holds less than 13 rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd sell all your guns over a $10 bullet button? I admit it sucks, but I still legally crossed the border with 23 firearms without a problem.

As for handgun magazines.....magblocks.com.

I didn't ask if anybody liked the fucked up gun laws, I asked why he'd have to sell his guns to move to California.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I love driving up 50 toward Tahoe. After Placerville it is beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a better idea..lets enforce the southern border, then boot all the liberals over it with all the illegals..best of both worlds..get our country back and be able to enjoy all of it..why stop at cali?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You'd sell all your guns over a $10 bullet button? I admit it sucks, but I still legally crossed the border with 23 firearms without a problem.

I didn't ask if anybody liked the fucked up gun laws, I asked why he'd have to sell his guns to move to California.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand what you are saying and I am military as well with the possibility of getting that dreaded assignment (I'd probably punch if I did) but I personally would need somewhere north of $500 in bullet buttons and mag blocks for 4-500 mags.  Not something that is easy or cheap to do.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in Antioch in the Calif. Central Valley just east a ways over the hill from Oakland.  What once was a nice rural farm community has been destroyed by urbanites and scum moving in from Oakland, Pittsburg and other slums on the coast.  The thug life has come to the farmlands of Calif.  This was at one time a great place to live, but now it's turned into a soul crushing gulag with thugs on every corner.  Damn I'm glad I live in Utah.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

California has wonderful weather and great Geography. You can go to the beach, go skiing, hike in Redwoods, and go to the Desert: all withing driving distance.
It also has a huge variety of different types of Cuisines, in LA and SF, you have world class Restaraunts.
California produces some of the worlds BEST Wine, AND BEER (from its Micro-Breweries: San Diego is a Micro-Brewery Powerhouse)
It also has a very powerful economy with many available jobs.

However having said all of that: California has High Income Tax Rates, crappy secondary schools, Roads filled with Pot Holes, a fairly high crime rate, next to impossible to get a CCW,
very expensive homes, SF Bay Area has the highest priced Gasoline due to their requirements for a clean burning fuel, and a legislature that is completely dominated by very Liberal Democrats.
California is a State where Political Correctness rules.
It is a highly populated state with a high population density in LA and the SF Bay Area.
California also has some of the strictest Gun Control Laws in the US.

In California there is absolutely NO HOPE that Republicans will ever gain a majority in the State Legislature.

So choose carefully.

You don't have to sell ALL of your guns, just those that are deemed "Assault Weapons" under California Laws.
All handguns need to be registered with the State DOJ within ( I believe) 90 days after moving here.

As a Native Californian whose been to Texas (and Arkansas) Many Many times (I have family there)...I'd rather be in Texas (or Arkansas).
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I love everything about the state of California, to bad the people suck.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the 80s, there was nothing cooler than being able to say you were from California.

Nothing.

New kid in school, moved from California?  Didn't matter where; he's instantly the most popular kid in school.

Everything awesome came out of California.  Terminator, Back to the Future, Reagan, hip hop, skateboarding...

They could still be that cool.  All they had to do was not mess it up for themselves.

Of course, we know how that turned out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Have you had the opportunity to visit Oakland?
View Quote

I'd rather visit Oakland and listen to some East Bay Soul Music than than go watch the daily pride parades in San Fran.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Beaches AND mountains, bro
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I have some online friends in California and they are awesome people who love firearms and prepping and are like minded as me and what not, but just do not have the means to relocate from the state yet. I feel terrible for them
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I'm in Antioch in the Calif. Central Valley just east a ways over the hill from Oakland.  What once was a nice rural farm community has been destroyed by urbanites and scum moving in from Oakland, Pittsburg and other slums on the coast.  The thug life has come to the farmlands of Calif.  This was at one time a great place to live, but now it's turned into a soul crushing gulag with thugs on every corner.  Damn I'm glad I live in Utah.
View Quote

Shame what has happened to Antioch, used to be a nice town back when I was a kid and went frequently to visit my grandparents. All the shit from Oakland migrated there and turned it into a ghetto war zone, and yet Oakland still sucks as bad as it ever did.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top